• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs VRF - GMT II 116710LN (clone 3186) - GAMECHANGING BATTLE.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Honestly the ARF move is a little sneaky. I dont think the watch is ready...they just want to prevent/stop people from buying the VRF. I bet they are thinking how to rush the watch out now.

Not true. I am getting one. It is ordered and being picked up today and shipped tomorrow.

The VRF I have no response from yet because Trusty time is the only one with it at the moment and they are not a TD here so I think its the other way around. I have still been in contact with Andrew and have not got a date of release yet. Might be because I am staff here on RWI. Never the less I will post pics and review as always when I get the ARF one.

Reactions: KJ2020

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Not true. I am getting one. It is ordered and being picked up today and shipped tomorrow.

The VRF I have no response from yet because Trusty time is the only one with it at the moment and they are not a TD here so I think its the other way around. I have still been in contact with Andrew and have not got a date of release yet. Might be because I am staff here on RWI. Never the less I will post pics and review as always when I get the ARF one.

the VRF is up on puretime

https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...4l-steel-vrf-1-1-best-edition-sa3186-chs.html

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Yep. Spoke to him. Not available yet. They are up on the site. If someone can get it send me pics. I will compare it to the ARF that I am getting.

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
game changer for sure and glad to finally see the 3186 clones hitting the market. been a long time coming.

no they wont fit the old cases without a spacer like occb said, but just buy the new one and swap over your gen parts. as for the sh vs vrf, ill be going the sh route as ive had great success with their movements and must have gotten a bad batch of vrf movements cause theyve been nothing but problems. others though that i talk with have nothing but good things to say about vrf so ymmv. i also have gen 3186 conversion parts that ill swap in to see what works/doesnt work.

crystal height can be fixed with new a new gen spec gasket provided they have the rehaut spaced properly. these last couple rounds of chs gmts ive had issues with crystal/hand clearance when using gen gaskets.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14

You were correct. I just spoke to Angus and I brought one of each. As soon as I get them I will do a review. I sold my real 116710LN so I cant review it to the real one. I do have pics of it that I may be able to compare too. But weight and stuff I can't. I have a real dial and real bezel. I can compare them. From the pics I see the VR is better fonts.

I'm just hoping that the case is better on the the GMTII VR than the VR Sub. Even though really unless one was buying a real bracelet it looked fine. When I tried to put a real 97200 on a VR sub it didnt fit. I dont have a real 78200 anymore so I can't tell but I will measure and see and try to flip the ARF bracelet to the VRF and so on.

Please if any questions you want answered in the review feel free to ask. Hoping to have them soon.

Also we have a few other members who ordered them and will be doing reviews.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
One last thing. I am not singling out one TD. They should be available at all of our TD's.

Reactions: srhoque and KJ2020

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Too bad Angus is using some ARF pics in the listing for the VRF. The crown closeup that shows crown height and CG shape is identical on both pages. I'm pretty sure now the ARF gets the crown position wrong, so same issue as the 116610 V1. Based on the one video on Trusty's site, it does look like the crown height is correct on the VRF. But like occb2 said the VRF sub case has significant tells, most importantly the lug shape. Also the one on PT does not have a caseback gasket, but hopefully it just came out when Angus opened it.

Reactions: occb2

JG0523

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/19
You were correct. I just spoke to Angus and I brought one of each. As soon as I get them I will do a review. I sold my real 116710LN so I cant review it to the real one. I do have pics of it that I may be able to compare too. But weight and stuff I can't. I have a real dial and real bezel. I can compare them. From the pics I see the VR is better fonts.

I'm just hoping that the case is better on the the GMTII VR than the VR Sub. Even though really unless one was buying a real bracelet it looked fine. When I tried to put a real 97200 on a VR sub it didnt fit. I dont have a real 78200 anymore so I can't tell but I will measure and see and try to flip the ARF bracelet to the VRF and so on.

Please if any questions you want answered in the review feel free to ask. Hoping to have them soon.

Eagerly awaiting your review/comparison of the VRF and ARF 116710 LN. Thanks.

Reactions: occb2

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

Nope.
VRF released it before ARF. I’ve been told that as soon as ARF founded out about VRF they rushed with release.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Ordered VRF I'll post pics as soon as I get it.
to me it has better dial (markers and print) and movement look like it has better finnish.

And yes I think arf is trying to catch up and released it in a hurry.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
My first vr3135 was amazing. Amp 320 and running like a champ. They've been a bit less good since then tbh, but better than the shitty sh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rcom440

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Crystal height still high for both.

i dont ubderstand why they not fix this problem it instant tell.

Maybe slightly higher than gen but nowhere near as ridiculous as GMF. The only part I am really curious about right now is the hole punch in the dial for the handstack on the VRF. Not sure how much of an issue the date is on the VRF but the ARF looks way bold.

JTSWE

19/2/17
How sure are they on the quailty on the New (SH) on AR,

When VRF and NOOB Use (SA)

Becouse the old CHS was Straight up garbage

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

Tobel

6/7/17
How sure are they on the quailty on the New (SH) on AR,

When VRF and NOOB Use (SA)

Becouse the old CHS was Straight up garbage

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

1/ we have no way of knowing as it's just been released
2/ the old CHS was not a clone movement, I was a customized 2836, and it's the customisation that made it weak

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
I have a VRF on the way, will try and get some photos up for people when it arrives. Will be tail end of next week no doubt.

If anyone is selling a bezel assembly I would be interested. Thanks.

0x9

11/8/17
EU [GER]
Damn, if i knew about the release of a GMT, i would have jumped on a gen bezel assembly last week. I would love to see some photos as well. Currently i prefer the ARF one, neglecting the bad DWO.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I brought one of each. As soon as I get them I will do a review. I sold my real 116710LN so I cant review it to the real one. I do have pics of it that I may be able to compare too. But weight and stuff I can't. I have a real dial and real bezel. I can compare them. From the pics I see the VR is better fonts.

Great news bro, love your reviews. I do have some specific requests for measurements if you are able to do them. I know they would probably be approximate, but that's fine. For each ARF and VRF sample, if you could get these it would be very useful to us all.

Total movement height
Stem height
Hands hole sizes (would like to know gen too if you know or can get)
Rehaut aperture size
Max dial size case will accept
Tube center to underside of crystal
Crystal gasket height

I know that's a lot of work so whatever is not too much trouble will be a great resource for us to refer back to when planning for mods. I know there's going to be a ton of that attempted!

Many thanks!

Reactions: occb2 and mega12

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Great news bro, love your reviews. I do have some specific requests for measurements if you are able to do them. I know they would probably be approximate, but that's fine. For each ARF and VRF sample, if you could get these it would be very useful to us all.

Total movement height
Stem height
Hands hole sizes (would like to know gen too if you know or can get)
Rehaut aperture size
Max dial size case will accept
Tube center to underside of crystal
Crystal gasket height

I know that's a lot of work so whatever is not too much trouble will be a great resource for us to refer back to when planning for mods. I know there's going to be a ton of that attempted!

Many thanks!

Haha like a doctor :)

velox

1/5/15
occb2 Im hoping to get the ARF one. Im getting old so bolder fonts would work for me and my eyes :) But without kidding im guessing the SH would be better than the SA. Looking very much forward for your review and will base my purchase and decision on that.