• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs VRF - GMT II 116710LN (clone 3186) - GAMECHANGING BATTLE.

NinetyThree

14/5/19
I know ARF Sub bracelet fits new Noob CHS case beautifully. I had to use thinner spring bars. Snug fit, no play. Perfection.

ce0c1b00d03b3d297f33df013be1bbfc.plist
5b313573a1fb329d1b8749e018f0fdec.plist

Looks great, would the VRF movement fit?

nonox

30/3/12
is it the same sense of time adjustment between the 3185 the 3285 or it's reversed as between the 3135 and the 3235?
I suppose it’s like between 3135 and 3235, it’s reversed isn’t it?

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
From what I have read it is a 32XX movement so it will respond like an ETA when adjusting hands. I have not got my hands on one yet. I may go see if they have one in my AD this week. Or maybe just go to rolex next week. I have to be in the city most of next week for Dr. appointments with my Mom at NYU which is in the 30's so I will just jump to Rolex and look. If they have any brochures I will grab it.

Reactions: jcher

nonox

30/3/12
ok thanks,
curious to know but indeed it is probably like a 3235 as it is the same base.

good health to your mom.

Reactions: occb2

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Trusty has a video up now of the VRF A3186. Clockwise crown movement advances hands forward.

http://www.trustytime02.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=20650

Yes. I have been in contact with him. He is not a TD here so I don't know if I will order one from him. He said it is a copy of the VR3135 with all the components of a 3186 copied. I asked if the band pins were there he said he doesnt know. He is traveling and will find out.

But the question was on the Pepsi. The Pepsi that the other guy showed has the new dial and is on an ETA base CHS movement. The new Pepsi which has the crown between SWISS and MADE all use the 3285. From what I have seen starting with the 3235, they adjust the opposite of a 3135. Rolex keeps movements basic. All of the main plates are the same. So a 15XX movement date or no date or GMT is the same main plate. Same with the 30XX, 31XX and I would guess the 32XX. So the 3285 will move like an ETA. The rep on the VRF is a 31XX so it will be clockwise when crown is rotated clockwise.

Now if they copied the 3285 that would be freaking amazing. Come out with this years batman and Pepsi!!!! They are both sold out here in NYC.

Reactions: Procurator

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
ok thanks,
curious to know but indeed it is probably like a 3235 as it is the same base.

good health to your mom.

Thank you brother.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It is a copy of the VR3135 with all the components of a 3186 copied.

So do you think it will fit in any other rep cases, like the Noob 2824 CHS or the JF 3135? Raging debates in a couple threads

So the 3285 will move like an ETA. The rep on the VRF is a 31XX so it will be clockwise when crown is rotated clockwise.

Ah right gotcha bro

Now if they copied the 3285 that would be freaking amazing. Come out with this years batman and Pepsi!!!! They are both sold out here in NYC.

Oh I know, sold out everywhere

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
So do you think it will fit in any other rep cases, like the Noob 2824 CHS or the JF 3135? Raging debates in a couple threads

Oh I know, sold out everywhere

This is a pain. I have done it, 2fake has done it, Mike has done it, Tickle has done it. You need to make a movement holder and even then there is a lot of pressure on the stem and there are problems. I am assuming you are talking about the noob 2836 not the 2824. So yes but not easily.

Now the JF3135 case, no. The 3185/86 has a thicker main date plate for the jumping hour hand jewel. So it won't really fit. Anything can be done but it will not fit right. I had this issue when I brought a real 16700 case and tried to put a 3185 in it. Did it fit? No. Did I get it to work? Yes. The stem lines up but the movement was not so secure. I filed down one of the movement screws and almost got it under the lip. But then I discovered that the 16700 was a 3175. So I ordered all the parts and made the 3175. It uses the same main plate and is the same size as the 3135 and has quickset, no jumping hour hands. It worked like a charm fit perfect. Its all about fitting the movements in the case. I was just speaking to someone this week who made a movement holder for the noob case but he is still having issues with the stem. They removed the gaskets in the tube to try to compensate.

I am hoping these cases fit the 3186 nativity and this will open a whole new world for us. This will be the first rolex spec GMT case made in china. Now if they can come up with a 5 dig one!!!!! 16710, that will rule. I have a Rolex GMTII dial and hands and insert and bezel. It uses the same crystal ring as a 16610 so I have 3 real ones and I have a 16710 click spring. So a case and band and a VR or SH 3186 would just complete an amazing 16710 also!!!!! I am very excited.

When Noob did the 4130 I went out and got a real dial, hands, crystal, bezel, crown. Had to modify the movement a little to get the chrono hand to fit, all sub dial hands fit and the min and hour hand fit perfectly. The dial fit, crystal and bezel pressed perfectly. Water tight. I did have to change the main spring because when I put the chrono on it would lose Amp and a lot of time. But I am loving the rep world right now.

I just got a real 116710 dial today on here. I want to see the bezel of the 2 fakes. But I have a real crystal in stock. I will order the hands and have an amazing 116170LN again. I sold my real one.

Amazing times ahead. period. This is getting funner and funner.

Did it even come out? I saw pics of the batch noob made but I think they thought the sub was going to be discontinued and that the new sub was going to have the new 3235. Never saw a rep in person yet. I saw the fake ETA base one in the 41 Datejust but that looks nothing like the real deal.

Last edited:

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Looking at both of the sites the ARF seems to be just a generic case that fits the 3186. There are tabs holding it in. On the VRF the movement screws are hold it in on the lip of the case which is correct. Kind of like the noob with the 3135. It is missing the movement notch but hey its the first one. What I am worried about is that the VRF 116610 case doesnt take real 97200 end links. I wonder if VRF fixed this and a real 78200 will fit. Got my fingers crossed!

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is a pain. I have done it, 2fake has done it, Mike has done it, Tickle has done it. You need to make a movement holder and even then there is a lot of pressure on the stem and there are problems. I am assuming you are talking about the noob 2836 not the 2824. So yes but not easily.

Now the JF3135 case, no. The 3185/86 has a thicker main date plate for the jumping hour hand jewel. So it won't really fit. Anything can be done but it will not fit right. I had this issue when I brought a real 16700 case and tried to put a 3185 in it. Did it fit? No. Did I get it to work? Yes. The stem lines up but the movement was not so secure. I filed down one of the movement screws and almost got it under the lip. But then I discovered that the 16700 was a 3175. So I ordered all the parts and made the 3175. It uses the same main plate and is the same size as the 3135 and has quickset, no jumping hour hands. It worked like a charm fit perfect. Its all about fitting the movements in the case. I was just speaking to someone this week who made a movement holder for the noob case but he is still having issues with the stem. They removed the gaskets in the tube to try to compensate.

I am hoping these cases fit the 3186 nativity and this will open a whole new world for us. This will be the first rolex spec GMT case made in china. Now if they can come up with a 5 dig one!!!!! 16710, that will rule. I have a Rolex GMTII dial and hands and insert and bezel. It uses the same crystal ring as a 16610 so I have 3 real ones and I have a 16710 click spring. So a case and band and a VR or SH 3186 would just complete an amazing 16710 also!!!!! I am very excited.

When Noob did the 4130 I went out and got a real dial, hands, crystal, bezel, crown. Had to modify the movement a little to get the chrono hand to fit, all sub dial hands fit and the min and hour hand fit perfectly. The dial fit, crystal and bezel pressed perfectly. Water tight. I did have to change the main spring because when I put the chrono on it would lose Amp and a lot of time. But I am loving the rep world right now.

I just got a real 116710 dial today on here. I want to see the bezel of the 2 fakes. But I have a real crystal in stock. I will order the hands and have an amazing 116170LN again. I sold my real one.

Amazing times ahead. period. This is getting funner and funner.

Did it even come out? I saw pics of the batch noob made but I think they thought the sub was going to be discontinued and that the new sub was going to have the new 3235. Never saw a rep in person yet. I saw the fake ETA base one in the 41 Datejust but that looks nothing like the real deal.

Excellent info bro, thanks for this. I've missed your great impassioned posts, always sharing your wealth of knowledge and experiences!

Regarding the 3235, I haven't seem a full clone of one yet either.

Reactions: occb2

Biopic23

Horology Curious
18/9/18
Hi guys. I’d like to buy the new ARF GMT sh3186. Is there anyone out there who knows if a gen DW fits the movement or if it needs some adjustment? The ARF DW is really awful!!!

thewee2536

Known Member
22/7/18
Crystal height still high for both.

i dont ubderstand why they not fix this problem it instant tell.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Hi guys. I’d like to buy the new ARF GMT sh3186. Is there anyone out there who knows if a gen DW fits the movement or if it needs some adjustment? The ARF DW is really awful!!!

At least my gen date Discs had no issues to fit VR 3135 movement but with ARF SH it was an issue.
If they use similar base as 3135 movements(I gues they do), VR movement could be the better option for causing less problems and accepting gen date. But this is just my assumption

Biopic23

Horology Curious
18/9/18
mega12 I think you’re right. I already have gen DW and I thought to switch it by myself.... maybe not a good idea.

Reactions: mega12

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
I am wondering if arf was still figuring out some problems with the movement and only released their movement right now because it did not want to loose customers to vrf

thewee2536

Known Member
22/7/18

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Probably high to ensure that the seconds hand is cleared. Many people ran into issues with that after swapping in a gen crystal and lower gasket to the GMF CHS.