• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No More Time Bombs, VRF just released 1st fully cloned 3186 and 116710LN

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14

Thank you. Looking at it that crystal ring is small and the crystal gasket is way too thick and deep again its a pic but cant wait to get them in hand. Got tracking so hopefully soon.

Reactions: KJ2020

Astro55

Known Member
6/11/19
Do or do not. There is no try.
This is good news indeed. A few watchsmiths have told me the VRF 3135 is nothing short of excellent.

I thought the VRF3135 was notoriously unreliable?

Am I mistaken on this? I recall reading this somewhere which is why the VRF MAX prices are still strong cause they have a A2836 option?

Sorry if I am wrong - still learning...

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I thought the VRF3135 was notoriously unreliable?

Am I mistaken on this? I recall reading this somewhere which is why the VRF MAX prices are still strong cause they have a A2836 option?

Sorry if I am wrong - still learning...

Contrarily, out of all the 3135 movements, VRF is considered to have the most reliable vs Noob and ARF. Hence the excitement here... because the CHS (Correct Hand Stack) movements have been very delicate, being considered a ticking time bomb, so the hope is that the VRF movement here will be as good as the 3135 movement they produced.

Reactions: Astro55

blurred_line

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/17
Please do not listen to that post you just quoted. No one knows yet. The data is not in. People are looking at pictures in the TD lighting. Lets get them in hand and do a comparison. Break them down to see if they are Rolex spec. From the sound of jptosch who is the first person to say he has the VR in hand and it isn't fitting a real bezel is making me think they did the same to the GMT that they did to the sub.

Pics please. All who actually have an ARF or VR 116610LN please take pics.
jptrosch please take pics of the crystal ring and bezel assembly that came with the VR. Back and front of the bezel and assembly please. Thank you.

I understand, no one can be sure till we get a few first hand reviews. The post I quoted was just a succinct review of the 20 odd pages of this thread. That was helpful to atleast get a gist of where we stand atm.

Cant wait for a BLNR!!

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Please do not listen to that post you just quoted. No one knows yet. The data is not in. People are looking at pictures in the TD lighting. Lets get them in hand and do a comparison. Break them down to see if they are Rolex spec. From the sound of jptosch who is the first person to say he has the VR in hand and it isn't fitting a real bezel is making me think they did the same to the GMT that they did to the sub.

Pics please. All who actually have an ARF or VR 116610LN please take pics.
jptrosch please take pics of the crystal ring and bezel assembly that came with the VR. Back and front of the bezel and assembly please. Thank you.

Yep, don’t take what I wrote too seriously, it’s about what we know TILL NOW, I wrote multiple times that we have to wait for “real pics” in order to have a solid idea about what the deal is with these watches :)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Farishmy

Renowned Member
29/10/14
96c11080da3a7a66c3e6d00b04da0887.jpg
dcf9e7b8d1f3f8547cff8e234011b413.jpg
fd112316a7f406b08493204c91be689a.jpg

Looks sweet... I’m about to just pull the trigger.. kinda want to wait for a review or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats, is this the arf?

Luxus564

Known Member
15/10/17
That looks like a VRF assembly? If it is, then the gen is the same. I have a gen assembly infront of me

It must be the VRF assembly because the numbers looks terrible! But the hole assembly looks gen like! Nothing like the noob assembly! Nice!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: GrizzlyBear

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Touch down.

Sadly not staying with me long as it will be heading off to Adrian to have my bezel assembly, and Gen Crystal fitted.

Nice one mate! And with a genuine bezel assembly (and I assume insert too) you will upgrade one of the few things that don't look spot on. Now on the rehaut finish, I'm not so sure how to smoothen that a little bit but to be fair it's difficult to see in plain sight. The crystal, on the other hand... I would not change it for a genuine, it looks amazing (as many VRF do).

Reactions: mashauer