• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No More Time Bombs, VRF just released 1st fully cloned 3186 and 116710LN

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Thanks mega12 then I will save some extra cash for something else ;) Indeed the gen gasket was too difficult too source so I went for an aftermarket one with gen specs as recommended by a member on the forum for about 20$

Reactions: KJ2020

nonox

30/3/12
Ahhhh guys... so funny!!! This night basically all gen bezel assemblies and dials have been purchased from chrono, eBay and whatsoever with a reasonable price!!! Lol, I was supposed to pull the trigger this morning after asking a question for lume color yesterday evening and found out that between 23pm and 6am Europe time, basically all dials have been sold.
Luckily I catched a complete bezel assembly including all gaskets etc. for a reasonable price. Thought to wait for the night but decided to purchase yesterday and had luck. This morning all others I watched were gone as well. Think will source my dial from US now. Not so worried about dials availability at the moment. But get your hands on bezel assemblies as long as you can :)

Sometimes, I wonder if spare parts rolex and Gen in general are not so expensive because of us :)

Rockinmakicks

Known Member
17/6/19
To all the experts: is it possible to move the bezel assembly of ArF to VRF??? Or maybe just the insert? I can’t stand VRF’s insert and ARF’s date so thinking of combining the two. I am imagining a GMT master ll VRF with ARF insert and bracelet.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
To all the experts: is it possible to move the bezel assembly of ArF to VRF??? Or maybe just the insert? I can’t stand VRF’s insert and ARF’s date so thinking of combining the two. I am imagining a GMT master ll VRF with ARF insert and bracelet.

I'm no expert but on the VRF's submariners the ceramic inserts aren't gen specs, so it's a difficult task to swap them for other factories bezel/inserts, or gen ones. Let's see, I have ordered both watches (ARF and VRF) and I will of course try :)

Last edited:

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
I am going for the VRF.

Full bezel assembly, and insert, cystal... finito.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

VRF Sub lugs are not 20mm at SEL, they are slightly narrower and not compatible with other factory's bracelets without shaving the SEL. We won't know about this model til someone tries it.

Rockinmakicks

Known Member
17/6/19
I'm no expert but on the VRF's submariners the ceramic inserts aren't gen specs, so it's a difficult task to swap them for other factories bezel/inserts, or gen ones. Let's see, I have ordered both watches (ARF and VRF) and I will of course try :)

you were ahead of me, I gues its waiting time. Please update if that is possible!

frankfrankfrank

Horology Curious
10/8/17
Who actually bought one? Either ARF or VRF. I want to follow along. How compatible are parts between gen 116710's and 126710's? I would love to see someone combine this new movement into the newest Noob 126710, but thats a hard project considering how overpriced the Noob is.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Who actually bought one? Either ARF or VRF. I want to follow along. How compatible are parts between gen 116710's and 126710's? I would love to see someone combine this new movement into the newest Noob 126710, but thats a hard project considering how overpriced the Noob is.

These watches have literally been released yesterday, so you're gonna have to wait a little

Reactions: KJ2020