• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust - Snapped Stem

S_leeds26

Horology Curious
28/10/19

While I am on the topic of repairs (not having much luck with AAA+ quality watches).

I have a ladies datejust which I managed to snap the stem when changing the time. Been told it can be repaired - does anyone have any experience of this?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Man you need to understand that there is no such thing as AAA or 1:1, that's just marketing bullshit

Reactions: S_leeds26

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15

While I am on the topic of repairs (not having much luck with AAA+ quality watches).

I have a ladies datejust which I managed to snap the stem when changing the time. Been told it can be repaired - does anyone have any experience of this?

Easy fix

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Thanks I will look into it would have a go myself but not sure which physical stem I would need!

Which movement is it?

Can you post a photo of what's left of the stem? You might be to use an extension.

S_leeds26

Horology Curious
28/10/19

not a problem there you go I think the stem may have snapped inside the movement?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Need a clearer pic of the crown. It looks there might not be enough stem left on it to unscrew the broken part out. I can see the stem inside the tube, that part is no problem.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is the kind of pic we need to see of your crown. Use the pinch and zoom feature of the phone camera. Put the crown down so it isn't moving and rest the phone on a desk to stabilize it. Trying to see if there is any stem left you can unscrew to get it out of the crown. If not you will need a new crown.

15723716835940.jpg

The movement should be able to be removed from the case with the stem piece like it is. Then the stem piece can be removed from the movement. If you are going to try to do this yourself, I'd suggest removing the movement from the case. If you get that far, more help can be provided.