• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob 2019 Sea-Dweller D-Blue ref #126660

tommikeson

24/10/14
I think this may look better than the ARF 116660. The crystal is the correct height too.

jjbronze

Horology Curious
25/11/18
Just a follow up on the ARF 126660 BLACK DIAL. They still seem to be installing the shorter hands from the 116660 and not the new extended hands of the gen 126660. Regarding the position of 'RING LOCK SYSTEM' on the rehaut, the gen has the 'K' beneath the Rolex crown at 6 o'clock and not the 'C' as the head on photos of the ARF seem to show.

Reactions: phdsjain

Ritual

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/18
wonder when will ARF correct their version of the 126660.... no one is gonna buy their current 126660 crappy version.

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
wonder when will ARF correct their version of the 126660.... no one is gonna buy their current 126660 crappy version.

Why "crappy" and may I ask where you have seen the "crappy" ARF version apart from the Puretime website? According to my two regular TDs it's not rolled out to the market yet.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Does anyone have a lose dial? I’m wondering about the size of the hour markers? Are they the same size as the hour markers on a Submariner or a sea dweller? If anyone can take a measurement, I’d be greatful.

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Does anyone have a lose dial? I’m wondering about the size of the hour markers? Are they the same size as the hour markers on a Submariner or a sea dweller? If anyone can take a measurement, I’d be greatful.

Markers are the same size as the sub maxi dial

Reactions: Hazing

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I order this a few days ago and waiting for qc pics. What is the issue with the pearl at 12 o'clock? How can I tell if I have the correct or updated pearl?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok guys I just got the QC pics! I could use some advice on the questions below:

1. On the timegrapher it shows the watch is 18 seconds a day off. Most reps I have purchased are usually no more than 6 to 8 seconds off. I am sure others will chime in saying they have accepted much higher seconds being off. Question on this watch is it easy for a watch repair man to regulate that for me. Yes he is experienced. Question: reject based on 18 seconds or have watch repair man adjust for me?

2. SEL gaps. Acceptable or not? With this new version Noob claimed to have nearly perfect gen like SEL. I see some pretty big gap there and not sure the ends are the way the gen looks. Reject based on this?

3. Pearl at 12 o'clock on bezel. I am not sure how to evaluate this. I read there were issues with the prior version but want to make sure I have the right style pearl in there. Question, is it correct?

Thanks!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I am ok with the dial but unsure about the other issues I mentioned above.

tonyxc2001

22/6/19
dc885b17b04cac8903c5f976ceb6b141.jpg

These were my stats... sadly not sure when I will get the watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
dc885b17b04cac8903c5f976ceb6b141.jpg

These were my stats... sadly not sure when I will get the watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+6 seconds is great still within COSC standards even.

What do you think about the other issues I mentioned like SEL gap and if the pearl is the updated correct one?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Ok guys I just got the QC pics! I could use some advice on the questions below:

1. On the timegrapher it shows the watch is 18 seconds a day off. Most reps I have purchased are usually no more than 6 to 8 seconds off. I am sure others will chime in saying they have accepted much higher seconds being off. Question on this watch is it easy for a watch repair man to regulate that for me. Yes he is experienced. Question: reject based on 18 seconds or have watch repair man adjust for me?

2. SEL gaps. Acceptable or not? With this new version Noob claimed to have nearly perfect gen like SEL. I see some pretty big gap there and not sure the ends are the way the gen looks. Reject based on this?

3. Pearl at 12 o'clock on bezel. I am not sure how to evaluate this. I read there were issues with the prior version but want to make sure I have the right style pearl in there. Question, is it correct?

Thanks!

Timegrapher is ok, you cant trust on QC pics...too much variables for it. maybe not fully wound. adjusting is an easy fix

watch looks great!

SEL are ok, not the best but maybe you can middle them out and use better spring bars.

look at gen, also has some gaps

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Timegrapher is ok, you cant trust on QC pics...too much variables for it. maybe not fully wound. adjusting is an easy fix

watch looks great!

SEL are ok, not the best but maybe you can middle them out and use better spring bars.

look at gen, also has some gaps

Thanks Rob! I will approve this one as everything looks great I think as well!

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Thanks again Rob. What exactly should I be looking for with the pearl? So I know what to check for in the future with another model?

No Prob :)

The Pearl on the 126660 is more flat than on the 116660. you only have to look if its aligned in the triangle and doesen't sit crooked in it's metal seating.

Reactions: dweller 89

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Tangokilo, your Rate at 18.2 s/d is "acceptable." Beat Error at 0.3 is "Great." The Amplitude at 231 "amount of rotation in the swing of the balance wheel" is too low. This measures the "health" of the movement. However, as another person posted, you are seeing just a quick snapshot, that does not really mean much because the timegraph results change almost every second. However, personally, I would want to see better results in Amplitude, as that is "possibly" an indicator of "health" movement issues. The flat pearl is correct, but a bit "'plastic" looking, but is properly flat, and probably the best your going to get right now The gap between the SEL is a tad too large, but I personally could live with that. The dials that I have gone through have been too dark on top, so it's nice to see the blue, actually look blue, though it does go down just a bit too far in the gradient portion. Again, it's not something you would know unless your are an expert or keen observer on 126660 D-Blue dials. I would rather have it that way, then too dark blue. What they do not show you, is the bracelet. I'm guessing it's the older 116660 style thicker at top that tapers thinner to the bottom. The 126660 band should be as wide at the top and follow that down (the width) to the clasp. Perhaps, they can send a picture of the full band. Again, for me, I can live with it, but just pointing it out. Back to, and regarding that SEL gap, I have a gen 126660, I don't have a gap as someone stated the gen's have. Perhaps some do, but it's not so bad that it is a glaring flaw in my opinion.

Amplitude
The measure of the amount of rotation in the swing of the balance wheel, in either direction.
Amplitude is higher when a watch is lying flat and usually falls when the watch is in a vertical position, due to increased friction. Amplitude can also fall as the watch winds down and the mainspring delivers less power.

Amplitude is a good indicator of the movements health and if is too high or too low, or that changes too much in different positions, can indicate a problem with the movement.

1. Rate - How fast/slow the watch runs in seconds per day.

This is the most basic statistic and will at least let you know how accurate your watch is. If your watch is COSC certified, in order to be in good health it needs to be running between -4 and +6 seconds per day. Otherwise it will depend somewhat on the watch, but with a few exceptions you should consider the following to be a good range of your movement's health. If it is wildly out of these ranges, you should bring it to a watchmaker to get it checked out.
  • Excellent - +/- 7 s/d
  • Acceptable - +/- 20 s/d
2. Amplitude - the amount of rotation in the swing of the balance wheel
  • great : 270-310
  • acceptable : 250-270

3. Beat Error - how equal each swing of the balance wheel oscillation is.
  • Excellent : 0.0 - 0.5 milliseconds
  • Acceptable : 0.6 - 1 milliseconds

Ritual

20/5/18
Why "crappy" and may I ask where you have seen the "crappy" ARF version apart from the Puretime website? According to my two regular TDs it's not rolled out to the market yet.

if you look at the puretime site, pictures of the ARF version seems like a rush to just push the 126660 out. the alignment of the ring lock system is wrong, wrong hands, they have yet to correct the 6 and 9 hour markers size / shape. good enough reason to label is crappy imho. not too sure about the bracelet yet though.

Reactions: jjbronze