• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Marrying ARF + Noob Daytona

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there was any possibility to have a base ARF v2 Daytona but swop the movement and caseback from a Noob v2.2/v3?

Has anyone done that before?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yes it has been done before. Don't remember who did it though. Check the arf Daytona thread you'll probably find it there

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there was any possibility to have a base ARF v2 Daytona but swop the movement and caseback from a Noob v2.2/v3?

Has anyone done that before?

Yes, is possibile..check thread on RP...

JohnnyBe

3/1/16
Personally i d go the other way around regarding the case.
Noob base and depending on which version you ll go you should put ARF Dial,but this depends on which version,
and since the ARF would need lots of mods to accept the 4130 it would be better to invest on a good modder to reshape the noob case,the outcome would be much more appealing.

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
So the movement isn't going to be plug and play for ARF v2 case? I doubt I have the capability to shave the ARF dial, that is why I was thinking of base ARF instead of the other way round.

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Do you search on the forum on Longwood

ssouthall6

10/10/13
The rehaut is far better on the noob.

I have two noob cases with ARF movements. They aren't interchangeable, it needs a bit of work to get them to fit.

I also have two noob cases with noob movements in, I have nothing against the noob movement - I'd replace the ARF movements tomorrow if I could!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Yeah you need to machine the inside of the ARF case to the get a 4130 cal to fit. But I guess if you have a lathe and the skill then it’s no big deal to do.

Reactions: shotgun

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Yeah you need to machine the inside of the ARF case to the get a 4130 cal to fit. But I guess if you have a lathe and the skill then it’s no big deal to do.

Yep. There is a lip in the case that's different. Takes some patience and care especially with the gold models not to nick the rehaut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
Well I guess it's gonna be a noob base instead.
Too many variables for using arf base.
Thanks everyone for your inputs!