• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dial Alignment on ARF 116610 A2824

Beluga65

Horology Curious
1/11/17
Hi there,
As a lot here, I have read thousands and thousands topics since a registered 2 years ago.

I recently placed an order and got QC of the piece. It looks great and timegraph is +1s/d avg., so even better.
I just spotted one thing that looks obvious at first look. The dial seems crooked and causes the X Crown R on the rehaut to be not aligned with dial marks as well as the cyclops compared to date. 0.5 to 0.8mm drift anti clockwise.
I know AR is known to make pieces with dials misaligned and saw some pics of this issues. I would like to be advised if this one is acceptable or too much.
If too much, I asked TD to know if it would be possible to realign the dial by their own as I don't want to reject it directly.

Thank for advises !

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Post a pic. It's OK if you have a specific QC issue to ask about.

Beluga65

Horology Curious
1/11/17
I wonder if this is out of standard QC acceptation and if not if it can be fixed easily by TD or me with noobie skills and tools

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That's off only slightly and should be able to be corrected by rotating the dial. I doubt your TD will be willing to do it for you. You have to take the back off, loosen the two movement tab screws, rotate the dial and movement, re-tighten the screws and replace the caseback. It is possible that in trying to do this fix you would impose too great a stress on the stem, which has to bend to accommodate the dial and movement rotation. The stem being unstressed is far more important that the letters on the rehaut lining up with dial tic marks. So choose your poison. Maybe you get away with .2mm CW dial rotation, maybe it's already been rotated as far as it can be in that direction. You can't know til you get it open.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Oh well... Honeslty, the engraving is no matter you should be worried with, it happens on gens.

When it comes to the cyclop, some QC pics show very off angled ones sometimes, to be rejected for sure. But on your pic it's a very slight angle, exactly the same "issue" for me when ordering a ARF Datejust a while ago.
I took the chance and GL it, and on the wrist it just does not show. Crystal and mag will bend a bit your vision of the date anyway, it all depends on the angle you look at the watch.

Chill and buy it!

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Beluga65

Horology Curious
1/11/17
The stem being unstressed is far more important that the letters on the rehaut lining up with dial tic marks. So choose your poison.
Yes I prefer see it working good rather than being gen like..

As I said I am a noob in rep world, I am not the best on the acceptance limits for qc and this issue was the only one that have show up in my qc check check list. If the drift would have been smaller, I would have taken it directly without coming here passing for the worst analist ever.

I will GL it then :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tucker

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes I prefer see it working good rather than being gen like..

As I said I am a noob in rep world, I am not the best on the acceptance limits for qc and this issue was the only one that have show up in my qc check check list. If the drift would have been smaller, I would have taken it directly without coming here passing for the worst analist ever.

I will GL it then :rolleyes:

No worries bro, we all have to learn what is acceptable on a rep and what isn't. As a group, I doubt there are any other groups in existence that are more anal than we are, lol.

Beluga65

Horology Curious
1/11/17
That is exactly why I came here lol
I will post some pics of the watch when I'll get it

Last edited:

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Thats an DIY easy fix.. Try it when u receive the watch