• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gmf vs noob v7 CHS batman 116710blnr comparison

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Batman chs mini comparison

So ive been lucky, or unlucky depending on how you look at it, to have owned the two big players in the batman CHS market over the last few months, the noob and the gmf. Unlucky because i got the noob one with a ‘keyless issue’ that turned out to be the entire watch is fucked. But lucky in that i now have what i believe to be the best of both worlds.

zWTCj.jpg

Honestly its a bit of a pointless review because my eyes are about as good at spotting differences as the average human is at seeing farts. But there are one or two things to take away from it. Kswatches review of the gmf vs gen was great, but lets be honest gen isn’t really an option for most of us.

I probably should of done the review before i changed the gmf, hindsight is a wonderful thing! Also worth noting is the

Noob is in varying states of disassembly through out the pictures... but its not boxed up and on its way to kj2020 for some research and analysis into why the chs movements suck so much, but thats another story.

For reference the gmf will be above, noob underneath. The noob has no hands for a start so if you cant tell the difference there, you really don’t need to read a comparison!

Starting with the easy bits:

Dial

To me not much different. Possibly noob takes it with ever so slightly rounder markers.

Date wheel

The noob is better. I didnt take pictures, but it is. Gmf is much more 2d than the noob, but neither come close to the 3d glossy loveliness that is a v6s.

Sels

Could be a rolex review without mentioning sels... again not a lot in it. Pick a side and be a dick about it! I also know nothing about lugs, crown guards, case shapes, so no point waffling on about that.

Hands

Now to the interesting points... at least to me. The gmt hand on the gmf is unacceptable. Its fucking massive. The idea of the gen is a nice little pyramid of handy fun. Noob isnt far off this (pics of the noob are my chs 116710ln, it had hands fitted so it made sense). I nicked the gmt hand from the noob and stuck it on the gmf. It looks better, but i still may swap the the rest if the hands for noob as they are miles better.

zWqYD.jpg

Gen for reference

Crystal

The gmf is better. I have a prof 2xar on the gmf now because i had one lying about, but i wont be chucking out the old crystal, its decent.

Lume

Strange fact, the gmf hands glow green when under a uv light, but blue when you turn it off. Noob is all blue all the way. Im sure someone smarter than me can chime in here. Got to give it to noob for that reason, the gmf glows brighter longer but its brand new. Gmf left, noob 116710ln right.

Insert

Last and definitely not least the insert. Its a case of although the gmf is clearly better, if it had the depth of the engraving the noob had it would be really bloody good. Im not saying its bad, its not, in fact its almost definitely the best out of the box batman inset available. Look at the 6 and 18 markers for that. Yet im still tempted to get the noob platinum plated and see what it looks like. A boy can dream! I didnt take pictures of of every number because its long and unnecessary, people only care about the 6 and the 18!

So whats the verdict? Well thats for you to decide! I mean really I’ve gone to at least some effort writing this, what the hell have you done? Make your own mind up! :) but in all seriousness buy a prof crystal, nothing else compares.

Some shots of the gmf with noob gmt hand.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Batman chs mini comparison

So ive been lucky, or unlucky depending on how you look at it, to have owned the two big players in the batman CHS market over the last few months, the noob and the gmf. Unlucky because i got the noob one with a ‘keyless issue’ that turned out to be the entire watch is fucked. But lucky in that i now have what i believe to be the best of both worlds.

zWTCj.jpg

Honestly its a bit of a pointless review because my eyes are about as good at spotting differences as the average human is at seeing farts. But there are one or two things to take away from it. Kswatches review of the gmf vs gen was great, but lets be honest gen isn’t really an option for most of us.

I probably should of done the review before i changed the gmf, hindsight is a wonderful thing! Also worth noting is the

Noob is in varying states of disassembly through out the pictures... but its not boxed up and on its way to kj2020 for some research and analysis into why the chs movements suck so much, but thats another story.

For reference the gmf will be above, noob underneath. The noob has no hands for a start so if you cant tell the difference there, you really don’t need to read a comparison!

Starting with the easy bits:

Dial

To me not much different. Possibly noob takes it with ever so slightly rounder markers.

Date wheel

The noob is better. I didnt take pictures, but it is. Gmf is much more 2d than the noob, but neither come close to the 3d glossy loveliness that is a v6s.

Sels

Could be a rolex review without mentioning sels... again not a lot in it. Pick a side and be a dick about it! I also know nothing about lugs, crown guards, case shapes, so no point waffling on about that.

Hands

Now to the interesting points... at least to me. The gmt hand on the gmf is unacceptable. Its fucking massive. The idea of the gen is a nice little pyramid of handy fun. Noob isnt far off this (pics of the noob are my chs 116710ln, it had hands fitted so it made sense). I nicked the gmt hand from the noob and stuck it on the gmf. It looks better, but i still may swap the the rest if the hands for noob as they are miles better.

zWqYD.jpg

Gen for reference

Crystal

The gmf is better. I have a prof 2xar on the gmf now because i had one lying about, but i wont be chucking out the old crystal, its decent.

Lume

Strange fact, the gmf hands glow green when under a uv light, but blue when you turn it off. Noob is all blue all the way. Im sure someone smarter than me can chime in here. Got to give it to noob for that reason, the gmf glows brighter longer but its brand new. Gmf left, noob 116710ln right.

Insert

Last and definitely not least the insert. Its a case of although the gmf is clearly better, if it had the depth of the engraving the noob had it would be really bloody good. Im not saying its bad, its not, in fact its almost definitely the best out of the box batman inset available. Look at the 6 and 18 markers for that. Yet im still tempted to get the noob platinum plated and see what it looks like. A boy can dream! I didnt take pictures of of every number because its long and unnecessary, people only care about the 6 and the 18!

So whats the verdict? Well thats for you to decide! I mean really I’ve gone to at least some effort writing this, what the hell have you done? Make your own mind up! :) but in all seriousness buy a prof crystal, nothing else compares.

Some shots of the gmf with noob gmt hand.

Beautifully written, Doc! I agree that GMF hands can be trash sometimes, but it may be a matter of luck. I've gotten a 116710 LN before with a normal sized GMT hand and clean look, and compared it to a 116710 LN Noob V7 hand set which was dirty and smaller by a hair.

In general Noob tends to have better hands though.

Thank you so much to you and KJ2020 for all the hard work and for being at the very forefront of cutting edge research into why the CHS is so damn bad.

My Verdict? GMF, for sure as a mix between budget and quality BP if on a real budget. And Noob if price is not a factor and if you intend on going full franken.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Beautifully written, Doc! I agree that GMF hands can be trash sometimes, but it may be a matter of luck. I've gotten a 116710 LN before with a normal sized GMT hand and clean look, and compared it to a 116710 LN Noob V7 hand set which was dirty and smaller by a hair.

In general Noob tends to have better hands though.

Thank you so much to you and KJ2020 for all the hard work and for being at the very forefront of cutting edge research into why the CHS is so damn bad.

My Verdict? GMF, for sure as a mix between budget and quality BP if on a real budget. And Noob if price is not a factor and if you intend on going full franken.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
KJ2020 is at the forefront of developing a fix, im just an upset chimp with a work shop and a stubborn will not to let a bloody watch beat me :)

Over all id say get the noob, but if cost was a factor id say go gmf as the noob is ludicrously priced, especially the 904l v8. Fingers crossed for the imaginary arf movement to materialise!

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Nice write up bro, thanks for taking the time. Couple things I would add, the SEL recess on the GMF is better between these two samples, though not stellar. Noob seldom has anything other than nearly flush. Also the left side rehaut engraving is typically bad on GMF, letters are way short of tic marks especially from 34 to 55. Noob excels here. Choose your poison. Either way an aftermarket insert with a paint mod will do wonders. I say aftermarket because most rep factory inserts have the speed bump and it just gets highlighted with a paint or plating mod. Too bad the Noob V8 is no longer available. Reasonably priced and ICHS, with a decent aftermarket paint modded insert, it's an easy keeper IMO.

15710886370782.jpg

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Nice write up bro, thanks for taking the time. Couple things I would add, the SEL recess on the GMF is better between these two samples, though not stellar. Noob seldom has anything other than nearly flush. Also the left side rehaut engraving is typically bad on GMF, letters are way short of tic marks especially from 34 to 55. Noob excels here. Choose your poison. Either way an aftermarket insert with a paint mod will do wonders. I say aftermarket because most rep factory inserts have the speed bump and it just gets highlighted with a paint or plating mod. Too bad the Noob V8 is no longer available. Reasonably priced and ICHS, with a decent aftermarket paint modded insert, it's an easy keeper IMO.

15710886370782.jpg

That is a great looking watch man! As you know i have a weird fetish for chs but i just dont know why... which insert did you go for in the end? Seen a few on the bay but nothing that made me want to part with my hard earned.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That is a great looking watch man! As you know i have a weird fetish for chs but i just dont know why... which insert did you go for in the end? Seen a few on the bay but nothing that made me want to part with my hard earned.

It was just a random one someone else posted about. The vendor is no longer listed on ebay. It has good color and almost no speed bumps but aftermarket inserts almost all have shallow markers full to the top with white paint. First step was sharpening an old strong jewelers screwdriver to a point and painstakingly digging out all the white paint. It had a clear coat on it that was completely immune to a variety of chemicals I lavished on it. Then it had about 5 different paint mods til I finally found one I like. I easily have 15 hours in this thing over a month or so. I posted it here, fast and relatively easy once you get the markers down to bare ceramic.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo.../7402168-noob-batman-v9?p=7635948#post7635948