• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep 3135 with free-sprung balance spring?

Phwtan

14/11/14
Hi guys,

Just came across this on YouTube and what caught my attention was at 5:53 onwards, they show the movements of a gen and a rep and it looks like on the rep, there's a parachrome spring and a free-sprung balance spring.

Move been following the developments of the SH3135
over the years and read a bit about it and it didn't seem that the rep movements could replicate (due to lower precision parts) the free-sprung balance, and this was usually an obvious tell. Some senior members have tried, but it would stop soon after.

Has a new 3135 movement come out that has a free-sprung balance ?

looking at VR3135, SA3135, SH3135 and SH3135 v2s, can't seem to find any with a free-sprung balance.

Curious what the experts think !

here is the link:

https://youtu.be/SQ4gv5cIOU8

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
That is odd , i did notice that that cyclops rotation was more off on the on the real ones compared to the reps ....could have been the camera angel i guess

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
a gen balance assembly does not run well in a vr

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I think what he has is a Franklyn. The 3135 is real as is the dial and the hands. That is not a factory watch. If so I would be buying the dial and hands and movement all day long. Look at the markers on both dials. Look identical.

Now on the 3135, I haven't tried in a year or two, but the rolex balance works for about 3-5 seconds and stalls. Closest I know of a real balance working was on the 4130 noob clone. It runs. Just not accurate. I have tried spacers go give more clearance on the SH3135 I have tried a real pallet fork. None work.

If there is a fake that will take a real balance or has a fake free flowing balance like rolex I would love to see it in hand and buy it.

Reactions: KJ2020

Phwtan

14/11/14
Thanks for your replies ... It's been bugging me all day! The one on the left can't be a stock clone... Must be franken, right ??but if it's a franken, I'm surprised it has a free-sprung balance that appears to be working .

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Thanks for your replies ... It's been bugging me all day! The one on the left can't be a stock clone... Must be franken, right ??but if it's a franken, I'm surprised it has a free-sprung balance that appears to be working .

Are you pretending? A franken can use a genuine movement.

Reactions: occb2

Phwtan

14/11/14
In particular, a gen free-sprung balance in a rep 3135. Haven't seen/heard of one that functions for very long

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
This must be one of them Swiss made replicas I keep hearing about.

Highly doubt that’s a rep movement, my guess is the flipped open case watches are 2 gens and he’s trying to get views

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: XLR8R and Asmodeus

watchmen_49

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/18
In all fairness he did say the so called "Hyper-franken" has a older Gen3135. It was the watch itself in general that's rep!