• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EtA 2824-2 fit in SD43

ElCanario

Horology Curious
22/10/18
does a eta 2824-2 fit in a SD43 ARF best edition 904 steel ? can i buy a Eta and change it one to one , it would be nice if some pro can give me the info , do i have to look for something in special , are there difference ? i saw there is for exaple a eta 2824 with date on 3H in white , this should me the one for the sd 43 , but do i have to take care about more ? thank you all for helping me out with this

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ETA 2824s will fit in an ARF SD43. You can look for a higher quality clone Seagull ST2130 or a gen Swiss Selitta SW200. Either will be a nice upgrade and should last many years. You'll have to swap over the dial hands and DW or DWO. Fit is 1:1

Mav2000

10/1/19
ETA 2824s will fit in an ARF SD43. You can look for a higher quality clone Seagull ST2130 or a gen Swiss Selitta SW200. Either will be a nice upgrade and should last many years. You'll have to swap over the dial hands and DW or DWO. Fit is 1:1

Sorry for butting in here but where's the best place to source the seagull movement KJ2020

ElCanario

Horology Curious
22/10/18
You'll have to swap over the dial hands and DW or DWO. Fit is 1:1

can you please tell this easy English, i do not understand this mean i use the hands and the dial from the clone? What would be your first choice for movement? Are there different movements type, for which one i have to search please? Thank you

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You'll have to swap over the dial hands and DW or DWO. Fit is 1:1

can you please tell this easy English, i do not understand this mean i use the hands and the dial from the clone? What would be your first choice for movement? Are there different movements type, for which one i have to search please? Thank you

If you want a better clone

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seagull-ST...987501?hash=item287a4449ad:g:xGYAAOSw57ZcmJbQ

If you want a gen Swiss

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOVEMENT-A...8805?hash=item21539ab5e5&var&_trkparms=ispr=1

Send everything to your watchmaker, he will know what to do

Reactions: mrsullivan

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Good to know, Sellita is the best choice right?

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The real ETA is the first choice isent it ? Or are the clone better ?

Of course the gen Swiss is better. The Seagull is a better clone than what the factories use. It's assembled in a clean, legal plant and is a worthwhile upgrade. How much do you want to spend? How long are you keeping the watch? Those answers will lead you to your choice.

fabbrisd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/12/12
Please don't "over rate" the Seagull or the "newer" Peacock China 2824 clones... Seagull is not assembled "clean" - one Seagull building gets shown to foreign customers with "postive pressure" clean conditions - and as soon as the foreign customers leave they shut down the "clean room" machinery for another day.

"Genuine Swiss ETA" from a reputable source is your best investment barely a human hand ever touches the ETA during assembly - Sellita "Swiss" is fine with about 70% robotics and 30% hand assembly - Seagull/Peacock tear down and "scope" about the same - do a google search for some decent deep-dive watch maker movement comparisons.

Reactions: ElCanario

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Please don't "over rate" the Seagull or the "newer" Peacock China 2824 clones... Seagull is not assembled "clean" - one Seagull building gets shown to foreign customers with "postive pressure" clean conditions - and as soon as the foreign customers leave they shut down the "clean room" machinery for another day.

"Genuine Swiss ETA" from a reputable source is your best investment barely a human hand ever touches the ETA during assembly - Sellita "Swiss" is fine with about 70% robotics and 30% hand assembly - Seagull/Peacock tear down and "scope" about the same - do a google search for some decent deep-dive watch maker movement comparisons.

Do the "do the same" with the toilets ?