• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Definitive 116500 ARF vs. Noob White Dial Comparison: In Search for the Best Daytona

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I agree but it really depends on the colour temperature of the light, the image looks to be taken in daylight shade which may be around 6000-6200K so a little cooler than daylight white 5600K. Last time I looked at a gen it looked more neutral white than in the image above. I guess it depends on where you live! In the north the warmer tone of the ARF may look more appealing as more often the light is a cooler colour temperature... having said that most Rolex shops have wide mixture of dichoric reflected light sources (that's the ones that make them look sparkly) with all sorts of light temperature cross curves! :)

Someone knows their stuff about lights ;)

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Thank you very much for the effort you put in this topic. Your final Daytona looks really amazing. Plus, if you sell the donor watch, it's not super expensive.
What about the hands? Is it possible / worth it to swap ARF hands to Noob to match the dial lume?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Thank you very much for the effort you put in this topic. Your final Daytona looks really amazing. Plus, if you sell the donor watch, it's not super expensive.
What about the hands? Is it possible / worth it to swap ARF hands to Noob to match the dial lume?

The ARF hands won’t fit the noob a4130 as they are made for an a7750

Reactions: Rolemars

old_man

Renowned Member
23/2/14
Maybe this helps a bit.
zJj3Q.jpg

I still don't see too much difference in the subdials, which was the original question that I was replying to.

old_man

Renowned Member
23/2/14
GEN on natural light VS ARF on artificial light.
89ff694943f1d2873498aea85cd13872.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

I also noticed that the ARF bezel number is cut a tad too deep - which was also mentioned in another post. I've since then changed mine to CF and it does make a difference (in terms of depth of the number cut only).

Reactions: marcoxxxx84

Tobel

6/7/17
I also noticed that the ARF bezel number is cut a tad too deep - which was also mentioned in another post. I've since then changed mine to CF and it does make a difference (in terms of depth of the number cut only).

I thought that CF was too deep as well?

Reactions: freediver

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
i thought it was deeper lol

just the arf in my hands though, i am judging from pics compared to CF

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Wow so much detail ....

For me the Noob V3 with the CF bezel is as good as it needs to be. Great rep OOTB, NWBIG IMO

I like the eggshell white but the gen is a brighter white so that would be a more obvious - and actually visible on the wrist- fault than the other, in my eyes less obvious details. In fact the eggshell colour would be a no-no for me.
I took a flight the other day and in the in-flight magazine there was a list with a photo of one of these "best plastic surgeons in America" in a nice suit with a white dial 1167500. "Nice Noob V3" I thought. Of course you can't see the serif R and the subdial thickness on a picture like that but it definitely was not eggshell.

I don't have the skills and don't have the inclination to obtain the skills to franken it up. Life has other priorities at the moment.

Kudos to those who do though!

Reactions: Ishmael

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Wow so much detail ....

For me the Noob V3 with the CF bezel is as good as it needs to be. Great rep OOTB, NWBIG IMO

I like the eggshell white but the gen is a brighter white so that would be a more obvious - and actually visible on the wrist- fault than the other, in my eyes less obvious details. In fact the eggshell colour would be a no-no for me.
I took a flight the other day and in the in-flight magazine there was a list with a photo of one of these "best plastic surgeons in America" in a nice suit with a white dial 1167500. "Nice Noob V3" I thought. Of course you can't see the serif R and the subdial thickness on a picture like that but it definitely was not eggshell.

I don't have the skills and don't have the inclination to obtain the skills to franken it up. Life has other priorities at the moment.

Kudos to those who do though!

White noob color is better than white arf?

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
next to eachother it's clear that the ARF is more eggshell but it's in no way eggshell. It's white, just a little less pure white vs the gen.

The CF bezel is the best option for now, a tad too deep engraved. CF is deeper engraved vs ARF.

One of the biggest tells in my opinion are the endlinks, polishing on the noob bracelet is a tell as well. The ARF subdials are amazingly close, no difference visible with the naked eye.

Best rep with minor mods in my opinion is:

Noob base
ARF dial
CF bezel

Reactions: mraccountant

old_man

Renowned Member
23/2/14
next to eachother it's clear that the ARF is more eggshell but it's in no way eggshell. It's white, just a little less pure white vs the gen.

The CF bezel is the best option for now, a tad too deep engraved. CF is deeper engraved vs ARF.

One of the biggest tells in my opinion are the endlinks, polishing on the noob bracelet is a tell as well. The ARF subdials are amazingly close, no difference visible with the naked eye.

Best rep with minor mods in my opinion is:

Noob base
ARF dial
CF bezel

Do you mean the ARF is deeper engraved than the CF? That's what I've observed with the bezels on my hand.

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
What a great review!

i have the noob v2.2 and have today received my CF bezel.
Looks stunning!

About the white dail color on the noob it is like gen,and is very bright like it should be.
Only thing what’s bothering is the Daytona text color when looking close up.
And when looking with a loupe you will see the edges are not nice rounded on the hour markers.
But can’t see from a distance.

But the arf dail is closer to gen IMO.
The finishing and polishing and rounded edges on the markers,the red Daytona text color is way beter than on the noob.
stil isn’t the right color and missing the right color by 1 shade or so.
where the noob is missed out the color by maybe 3 shades..

Thanks for this great review OP!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

Reactions: p0pperini

DrKF

Looking Around
21/12/19
I have been studying this forum for the last 3 weeks, what an amazing source of information. I am novice in the rep world, and i think the Daytona is a must have (i love it). My conclusion is that a Noob base with a CF bezel and an ARF dial is the absolutely best combination for now. My question is: is there anyone in Europe who can do the franken work? I am not even close to the skills of doing it myself. Is there a thread in the forum where i can search for members who do such work and are based in the EU?

Last edited:

el_assamite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/10
033c941bc113810916dc45f584cc3025.jpg

It seems that even Gen dial has different batches with more or less creamy white color, same for the crispy aspect...
Could it means that both Arf and Noob white colors match Gen spec?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
033c941bc113810916dc45f584cc3025.jpg

It seems that even Gen dial has different batches with more or less creamy white color, same for the crispy aspect...
Could it means that both Arf and Noob white colors match Gen spec?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Yes ;-)

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
I have been studying this forum for the last 3 weeks.....
Is there a thread in the forum where i can search for members who do such work and are based in the EU?

Welcome, and if you study further I'm sure you will discover this section..

Please continue to read and understand what you buying into, and have a realistic expectations.

FortWorth_Guy

Horology Curious
12/12/19
Welcome, and if you study further I'm sure you will discover this section..

Please continue to read and understand what you buying into, and have a realistic expectations.

What exactly are people buying into? The realistic expectations seems like an open ended comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk