• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v10 116610 released?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
On one of the LV QC video someone posted earlier, the guy said, in Chinese, noob got a new batch of employees because “the old ones were assembling watches with their eyes closed.” Not sure how accurate the information is, but it might be a contributing factor.

Hahaha “eyes closed” that made me laugh, thanks for the info :)

Reactions: Tcc13c and Rolemars

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
That's because they just don't know all these (little) differences. They just use the batch that their supplier gives to them, with no questions asked :(

Having a knowledgeable member inside the factory would be amazing for us reps enthusiast :D

Definitely would be mate, i wonder if they use more than one supplier. I guess I work in the industry so for me it makes no senses for one supplier to have different CNC program written and different punch dies unless the dies come from two different suppliers with different spec lol. Interesting

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I don’t get why noob would bother changing the case shape from a good first batch to fat lugs in later batches. The case punch dies wouldn’t be cheap and I’m sure they’d have more than one and along with CNC finishing why write more program for these changes? what advantage are they creating by changing the case shape?

First of all, I'm sure they know what they're doing.

They release a V9 which improves on a bunch of problems the previous model (V7) had. Instant improvement, everyone buys.

Over the lifetime of the V9, they make it worse.

Cue V10 which fixes the problems on the latest V9, with a couple of extras to make it seem like they're not taking the piss.

V11, 12, same story.

Reactions: Rolemars

juniorr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
31/10/16
Hi I did a lot of research when buying my hulk v8 sh3135 my question is that the darkening numbers on the bezel is a easy tell for me makes me insecure about the watch

based off a v8 would upgrading to the v10 vr3135 be worth it ?

I also had a black v7 from bk before that but the bezel darkening made me get rid of it

( movement was a real Swiss movement on the v7 and found it really good better than the one in my v8hulk )

would you say the vr3135 should feel as good as the Swiss movement ?
Also found the reserve on the watch’s was better in my v7 Swiss ?
what is the reserve on the vr3135?
Also found it harder to change date on the sh3135 vs Swiss movement .... hard to pull the crown out to the right position

also is it possible to buy the ARF V2 BRACELET BUY ITSELF ? And from who ? To put on a v10

and can can you hear the tick of the vr3135. gen moment doesn’t tick but my v8 does .... would servicing it solve this issue?

and can anyone point me in the right direction for a modder that’s cost affective and trusted ?

full disclosure I don’t know if it’s a sh3135 or a sa3135 but whatever came with the v8 ( paid 4xxusd if I remember correctly )

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
First of all, I'm sure they know what they're doing.

They release a V9 which improves on a bunch of problems the previous model (V7) had. Instant improvement, everyone buys.

Over the lifetime of the V9, they make it worse.

Cue V10 which fixes the problems on the latest V9, with a couple of extras to make it seem like they're not taking the piss.

V11, 12, same story.

Yeah i guessed that much but just didn’t want to believe they were that cheeky lol

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Hi I did a lot of research when buying my hulk v8 sh3135 my question is that the darkening numbers on the bezel is a easy tell for me makes me insecure about the watch)

Trust me. The fading of the numbers is insignificant compared with the green colour of the bezel.

The Noob, ARF, VRF whatever - inserts are nothing like the gen LV insert.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolemars

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Noob always do this the v9 started out with a perfect case then from batch 2 onwards the case is back to the old square lugs case this was the same with v6s and v7 and v8.the v10 looks to have that same case as first batch v9 so i think the later v10 batches will go back the the other mould with the square lugs.noob use 2 moulds the good one for the first batch release. And the bad one for all the watches untill the next v11 comes out.

Way to help stimulate demand for the early v10#.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Sorry for the off-topic, but the whole ARF datewheel thing needs some clearance:

The A2824 always had the same DW since release (correct me if I'm wrong, but I have seen dozens of ARF subs). The numbers 1, 3, 4, 7, 0 look good. The 2, 6, 8, 9 look a little bit fat. So, if you see the date "11" it will look very gen-like. If you see a "28", it will be fatter. Also, 2824 v1 and 2824 v2 seem to be the same thing. No one has provided solid evidence of any difference. Marketing move? Most likely.

On the other hand, the SH3135 initially had a ridiculously fat font. Like unbelievably bad. Check the pictures below. The newer 3135v2 now uses the same thinner DW of the 2824. But the last batches of 3135v1 already had the same improved DW.

Original 3135 (notice the very fat 28):
rlx2018102405-01_1.jpg

3135v2 (better 28):
rlx201901201-01_1.jpg

2824 (same as 3135v2):

rlx2018041201-001.jpg

Every ARF you notice here in the forum with a "fat" font is already the same as the 2824 and 3135v2. But some dates looks a lot better than others. :)

TLDR:
- ARF only has ONE type of datewheel nowadays. Some dates look really good, others not so much. ARF + gen DW + gen / prof crystal = great "budget" franken.
- Noob v10 + ARF bracelet + gen crystal + gen DW (not sure if worth it) = more expensive but potentially better due to the lug shape. Let's see :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Soccerboy07

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Both my v10s have shipped the hulk and ln cant wait to compare to gen

Sitting on an order until you give feedback - definitely looking forward to your thoughts when you have them in hand and appreciate you taking the plunge =)

Reactions: Smoke