• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 126600 Helium Escape Valve

Magna_Graecia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/19
Hi all! Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I'd like to firstly thank this forum for the insane wealth of information it has provided to me for years regarding everything rep watches. I can't thank you all enough for it, as the guidance has been priceless!

Anyway, I'm considering purchasing the ARF SD43 126600 as the title might suggest, and in my research of comparing photos/videos of the gen side-by-side with photos/videos of the rep, I can't help but feel like the HEV on the rep is such an insta-tell, even though I haven't really seen anyone say anything negative regarding it. If anything, the information I've seen suggests that most believe this to be one of THE best OOTB reps ever made, and I would concur if it wasn't for that HEV. Is it just me? It's not necessarily the color, although I've seen a few mentions made regarding differences in color between the gen and rep valve, with the gen being more grey in color. I actually think the rep might be accurate in that regard because the color of it seems to change depending on lighting conditions, same as with what I have noticed with the gen. Sometimes it seems much lighter, and sometimes it seems much darker. The tell that I'm referring to though is the overall construction of it. Something about the gen seems more fitted, and it seems like the gaps between the valve and the case are larger on the rep than on the gen. Am I wrong here?

I know that no rep is perfect, and that all have their tells, but this one seems obvious, even for someone like myself who is nowhere near as much of an expert as many of the members whose posts I've read on here. I see people on here spot insane details that I would have never picked up. While I've learned a lot from this forum, I would by no-means call myself an expert at spotting tells on reps, but even I feel like the HEV on the ARF SD43 is such an easy tell that even a noob can spot it from a mile away. Please correct me if I'm wrong in my thinking.

Thanks all for your time, and I hope I didn't break any forum rules on my first post. If I have, please do let me know.

Magna_Graecia

6/10/19
Have you been able to check out this thread at all?

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/8098460-rolex-sd43-gen-vs-arf-review

ARF vs Gen. The HEV has come a long way from earlier versions.

Thanks so much for the link! I've seen a few threads in my research, but I'm not sure if I've seen that one. I've been researching for a few weeks now, and I see that the one you linked was posted very recently, so I very well may not have seen it. This is of course an excellent one to view because it covers the V3 version of the watch, which is the one that I would be purchasing. The side-by-side rep vs gen threads I've seen on this watch are here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s/7066255-rep-vs-gen-rolex-sd43-arf-126600-v2

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/330479-arf-126600-side-by-side-gen

The first is a V2 as we can see by the title, and the 2nd is perhaps a V1 judging by the date of the thread? In either case, the HEV seems to suffer from the same issue that I brought up here. The thread that you linked definitely has the clearest view of it, and better yet it has one photo showing the valve-side of the case from a slight distance, and then another showing a much closer macro shot. From a distance it looks alright, but then again so does any tell really, but from up close the differences seem pretty glaring. In the closeup photo in the thread that you linked you can actually see how that center "button" on the valve looks much more centered with the gap around it being even all around. The gap around the entire HEV is also huge on the rep compared to gen. The strange thing is that literally no one in that thread commented on the HEV aside from 1 person (BigCity777) touching on only the fact that it's very different on the Noob V2 compared to the ARF and gen, but I just feel like this is the least subtle and most glaring tell that I've seen so far on many of these super reps, but this is supposed to be regarded as one of the best OOTB. I mean I've read a lot of threads on the ARF Sub-C, and besides the goofy DW issue, the tells on it are so subtle that it's difficult for even an enthusiast to spot, even when sitting side-by-side with a gen. Case in point is the Horology House video on youtube comparing an ARF 116610LN 3135 with a gen side-by-side with insane macro shots. The differences are so subtle that even a Rolex expert could be fooled in my opinion. With this HEV on the SD43 though, it's like apples and oranges. I feel like this one could be spotted from a mile away, or do the photos not do it justice?

I'm actually wondering what is generally considered the better OOTB rep between the ARF SD43 V3 and ARF 116610LN 2824. I've seen a lot of mixed posts with some people stating that the DW issue on the LN has been fixed, then others saying it was never fixed it's just that some have the issue and others don't, and even others saying the issue only applied to the 3135 version and not the 2824. Then I've even some saying it's the other way around, that the issue applied to the 2824 and not the 3135, and still others saying it was the 3135 but it wax fixed with the SH3135V2. I don't know WHAT to think haha. The date on the ARF in the Horology House video seemed perfectly fine, but then again I heard it's really only with certain dates like 25, 26, 28.

Thanks so much for your reply!

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
The ARF V3 is as good as you will get for the HEV replication . You have to realize that when you are looking at the rep vs gen comparison you are zooming in on macro shots and the slight flaws and I mean SLIGHT that you see there you will NEVER see on the wrist and you also see the slight difference because they are side by side.. I've looked at MANY gen photos of the HEV and it seems that it also depends on the angle of the shots and the lighting that makes the HEV look different. Ive seen angles of the ARF HEV where it looks almost indistinguishable.Trust me if it was really that blatant of a difference on the ARF V3 sd43 vs the GEN the masses of people that have them wouldn't be dumping large sums of money on them modding them with gen or upgraded modded parts just to have the HEV give them right away.. the ARF V3 sd43 Is a terrific rep and you wont be disappointed.. Here is a shot of mine with the Spongebob insert and the Prof crystal installed ..

:drinks_cheers:

20191003_115201f33595c47c3f73ec.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Magna_Graecia

Magna_Graecia

6/10/19
The ARF V3 is as good as you will get for the HEV replication . You have to realize that when you are looking at the rep vs gen comparison you are zooming in on macro shots and the slight flaws that you see there you will NEVER see on the wrist and you also see the slight difference because they are side by side.. I've looked at MANY gen photos of the HEV and it seems that it also depends on the angle of the shots and the lighting that makes the HEV look different. Trust me if it was really that blatant of a difference on the ARF V3 sd43 vs the GEN the masses of people that have them wouldn't be dumping large sums of money on them modding them with gen or upgraded modded parts just to have the HEV give them right away.. the ARF V3 sd43 Is a terrific rep and you wont be disappointed.. Here is a shot of mine with the Spongebob insert and the Prof crystal installed ..

20191003_115201f33595c47c3f73ec.jpg

I mentioned you in my reply to Hazing and poof, just like that you were summoned to this thread haha! Well I'm glad you came because I really appreciate your reassuring post. I 100% agree with your sentiments. I kept thinking how it has to be just me and the photos not doing the watch justice, otherwise there would be tons of posts regarding issues with the HEV, and the reality is that there are practically none at all. And as you said yourself, nobody would be willing to invest the amounts of money that we see into modding the watch if the HEV is going to get them called out anyway. Makes complete sense. I laughed at your comment regarding having looked at MANY photos of the gen from all sorts of angles because I did the exact same thing. The amount of eBay listings I perused to use for clear comparison photos :rofl:

Your watch looks amazing. You would NEVER get called out with that thing. It fits your wrist lug to lug very well too! I've read a lot about Spongebob and Prof. It looks like Prof even has the SD43 for sale with his crystal already installed, but it's the V2 evidently. I don't think Spongebob sells completed watches, does he? Or maybe he does but doesn't have any available at the moment.

By the way, would you happen to have an opinion on what you believe to be the better OOTB rep between the ARF SD43 V3 and ARF 116610LN 2824? Perhaps you own both. I know a lot of guys will start with a Sub before venturing into other models. Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: Bigcity777

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
I mentioned you in my reply to Hazing and poof, just like that you were summoned to this thread haha! Well I'm glad you came because I really appreciate your reassuring post. I 100% agree with your sentiments. I kept thinking how it has to be just me and the photos not doing the watch justice, otherwise there would be tons of posts regarding issues with the HEV, and the reality is that there are practically none at all. And as you said yourself, nobody would be willing to invest the amounts of money that we see into modding the watch if the HEV is going to get them called out anyway. Makes complete sense. I laughed at your comment regarding having looked at MANY photos of the gen from all sorts of angles because I did the exact same thing. The amount of eBay listings I perused to use for clear comparison photos :rofl:

Your watch looks amazing. You would NEVER get called out with that thing. It fits your wrist lug to lug very well too! I've read a lot about Spongebob and Prof. It looks like Prof even has the SD43 for sale with his crystal already installed, but it's the V2 evidently. I don't think Spongebob sells completed watches, does he? Or maybe he does but doesn't have any available at the moment.

By the way, would you happen to have an opinion on what you believe to be the better OOTB rep between the ARF SD43 V3 and ARF 116610LN 2824? Perhaps you own both. I know a lot of guys will start with a Sub before venturing into other models. Thanks for your reply!

Thanks for the compliment on my watch ! The photos dont do it any justice it was just one that I took the other day that was In my camera roll. the cyclops is Auctally crystal clear the Marks you see on it are Auctally just some reflection if you noticed them . And trust me I'm as obsessed over photos as you are probably much worse I Auctally spend hours studying macro shots between the reps I'm interested in and gens .. and to answer your question over which rep to get between the SD43 or the 116610ln 2824 from ARF it all depends on if you like a larger watch or not and if you plan on modding it .. if you are just looking for the BEST OTB between them IMOP I can tell you the SD43 would be my choice its a very substantial watch in weight and feel and I've held the GEN in my hands more then once and the feel is identical in weight and construction. But it all depends on what size is better for you..

Last edited:
Reactions: Magna_Graecia

Magna_Graecia

6/10/19
Thanks for the compliment on my watch ! The photos dont do it any justice it was just one that I took the other day that was In my camera roll. the cyclops is Auctally crystal clear the Marks you see on it are Auctally just some reflection if you noticed them . And trust me I'm as obsessed over photos as you are probably much worse I Auctally spend hours studying macro shots between the reps I'm interested in and gens .. and to answer your question over which rep to get between the SD43 or the 116610ln 2824 from ARF it all depends on if you like a larger watch or not and if you plan on modding it .. if you are just looking for the BEST OTB between them IMOP I can tell you the SD43 would be my choice its a very substantial watch in weight and feel and I've held the GEN in my hands more then once and the feel is identical in weight and construction. But it all depends on what size is better for you..

Oh I have no doubt that your watch looks even better in person than it does in photos. It always seems to work like that, doesn't it?!? I saw photos of the ARF SD43 V3 and thought it looked great. Then I saw a couple videos on it and was like wow, those photos didn't do this rep justice. It looks even better dancing in the light! Seeing your watch move around and the cyclops go in and out of effect with Prof's black hole crystal I'm sure looks amazing. I think having a good DW and cyclops is seriously key to having a legit looking rep because those were traditionally the 2 easiest tells of a fake Rollie in my opinion. At least once reps started using mechanical movements at least, and it has definitely been a long time since then because I had a $170 Day-Date back in 2001 that had an automatic movement. I think it was a Japanese Miyota or something. Overall the rep was garbage compared to today's super reps, but it was actually quite good for the time period. It had a dark blue sunburst dial and I loved it, but no doubt it would have gotten called out left and right if placed next to a gen haha. But before mechanical movements in reps, the easiest callout was obviously the ridiculous quartz movements on models that never featured that type of movement :rofl:

I think I'm going to go with the SD43. I was already leaning that way, and you've put me over the top with your very convincing argument in favor of it. I really appreciate the larger wrist presence of it, the fact that it has a reliable Asian 2824 that always has the possibility to be swapped with a gen ETA, the fact that the hand operation actually works as gen since the gen 3235 movement functions the same as the 2824, and also the contrast between the matte dial and glossy ceramic bezel + the red SEA-DWELLER lettering. I mean come on, you can't beat that!

Thanks for all your help, Bigcity! I'll be posting QC photos if I have any concerns about anything that looks out of the ordinary, so keep an eye out because I would appreciate to hear your opinion! The more the merrier!

Reactions: Bigcity777