• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 116519 NWBIG?

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Just wondering how come this watch hasn't made it to the list? Is it the weight / lack of extension link on the clasp?

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
The lack of easylink extension is really a bummer.. but when i had mine, i added an easylink and put it on a gen oysterflex. Looks: amazing - but you're right about the weight, its just does not feel like the real thing.

but the movement works really smooth. Top notch.
i'd say it's a really really good rep though - my issue with it was that i just didn't like the way the oysterflex sits on the wrist. Give me that watch in steel on a bracelet with the same dial and i'll be all over it!

Last edited:

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
With a bit of modding, the Noob Daytona can be NWBIG. As it is, the bezel, SEL, and bracelet are still obviously lacking.

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
The lack of easylink extension is really a bummer.. but when i had mine, i added an easylink and put it on a gen oysterflex. Looks: amazing - but you're right about the weight, its just does not feel like the real thing.

but the movement works really smooth. Top notch.
i'd say it's a really really good rep though - my issue with it was that i just didn't like the way the oysterflex sits on the wrist. Give me that watch in steel on a bracelet with the same dial and i'll be all over it!

Did u swap out the entire clasp to get easy link? Which clasp did u use? And is the gen oyster flex worth it? I actually love the watch as it is, though I'd prefer the easy link.

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
With a bit of modding, the Noob Daytona can be NWBIG. As it is, the bezel, SEL, and bracelet are still obviously lacking.

Talking about the 116519 here, not the 116500. The SEL and oyster flex is as good as it gets IMHO. Bezel doesn't bother me at all, I can't even tell when it's on the wrist.
​​​​

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Did u swap out the entire clasp to get easy link? Which clasp did u use? And is the gen oyster flex worth it? I actually love the watch as it is, though I'd prefer the easy link.

I bought a noob yachtmaster clasp m2m but i just used the easy link from it. The gen oysterflex is actually worth it IMHO - its smoother and more crisp. Also it has a somewhat different hue, it is a bit more brownish.

Here is my comparison of gen/rep oysterflex:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ln-noob-v2-just-arrived?p=7701070#post7701070

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Gen 116519 is WG which has a different color profile (slightly more yellowish/brownish because of gold) compared to Noob which is 904L SS. Also as mentioned, weight of Gold and SS is different.

With all that said, this is still the best Daytona dial from Noob. If you put a gen xtal, gen crown, gen hands and ARF Oysterflex (and ARF Clasp), I bet 99.9% of the people around will not be able to call it out visually on your hand. Only experts can different WG from SS. As long as you don't live amongst Daytona watch connoisseurs, you are fine...

Last edited:

#Roly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/18
Question to all owners. Are you Content with the bezel ? Or is it top Off. I Saw some Videos and i Love the Watch How it looks. Is this inserts better than the Noob Submariner ? You Probably know that they Are too dark. Its horrible.

And i would like to change the oysterflex Again leather strap. Do you know where to get them which fits to clasp and case.

Thank you.