• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{{ NOOB V3 Daytona vs Gen Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona }}

Redsoxfan02116

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/20
Boston
It is a V3 but it has the old V1-V2 Dial with the thickest Sub-dials.

You can send this picture to your TD and see if they can find you a correct one like the one on the right...
OFGjQ.jpg

I'm still learning about the Daytona before I purchase. When you all talk about the dials or sub dials on the V3 vs ARF or the problem in general... can you explain? What was @dwjpaypal saying was wrong with the subdials? Are you all saying the sub dial ring in white is too thick in width? Man, that's hard to tell without studying it.... unless I'm missing something. I'm not sure I would be able to tell without drawing those red lines. Thanks in advance for helping a NOOB.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I'm still learning about the Daytona before I purchase. When you all talk about the dials or sub dials on the V3 vs ARF or the problem in general... can you explain? What was @dwjpaypal saying was wrong with the subdials? Are you all saying the sub dial ring in white is too thick in width? Man, that's hard to tell without studying it.... unless I'm missing something. I'm not sure I would be able to tell without drawing those red lines. Thanks in advance for helping a NOOB.

If you cant see it why would you bother ? Buy and enjoy

Redsoxfan02116

20/1/20
Boston
If you cant see it why would you bother ? Buy and enjoy

Easy answer... because I over analyze and over research every purchase thats more than a few bucks. But I got your point. Makes sense. But if I didn’t read this forum I would have already made a bunch of mistakes. Rather just purchase the closest rep I can the first time. For example, I notice the color of the Daytona easily and the bezel and fonts ... this one is just harder to see. These guys are so good. I remember years ago, ppl would just point out the second hand not having a smooth sweep.

Redsoxfan02116

20/1/20
Boston
Obsessed with the 11650... I’ve read a lot of posts about the ARF vs Noob and how to interchange the parts to make it better. Can anyone comment on the weight / feel but mostly the weight of the ARF vs Noob V3? And how does each compare to the weight of the Gen? Thanks!

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Obsessed with the 11650... I’ve read a lot of posts about the ARF vs Noob and how to interchange the parts to make it better. Can anyone comment on the weight / feel but mostly the weight of the ARF vs Noob V3? And how does each compare to the weight of the Gen? Thanks!

Both ARF n Noob are comparable and at par with Gen as far as weight and feel is considered. Hope this helps:)

Reactions: Redsoxfan02116

johnlia

Renowned Member
23/1/17
Sometimes I think you guys are too obsessed with the little fat subdial on a white day.. if u search on the web u will find some series of gen day with the same dial as noob v3 (as u say “fat” subdial)..

Reactions: nasar73

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Are we obsessed, probably we are. But the thickness (or lack thereof) in the 116500 makes or breaks the looks of the dial. As another member mentioned, it is a subtle but necessary factor.

I just got a Noob v3 dial with the perfect gen-like thickness but still swapping it out with the ARF dial because I can't live with the glossiness and sunburst of Noob subdials. I guess I am super OCD :D:D

Reactions: Bellatorseo

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Are we obsessed, probably we are. But the thickness (or lack thereof) in the 116500 makes or breaks the looks of the dial. As another member mentioned, it is a subtle but necessary factor.

I just got a Noob v3 dial with the perfect gen-like thickness but still swapping it out with the ARF dial because I can't live with the glossiness and sunburst of Noob subdials. I guess I am super OCD :D:D

After seeing your 116610LV project n now this, you are a man who pursue perfection.....kudos mate:)

Last edited:
Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
After seeing your 116610LV project n now this, you are a man who pursue perfection.....kudos mate:)

Don't mean to derail this thread but please do share your feedback when you get the v2s. I liked the pics/commentary that you shared on the v2.

Bellatorseo

10/3/20

Doing the same thing right now actually. It’s obsession and OCDs like ours that fuel factories to improve. Nothing progressed by simply settling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Don't mean to derail this thread but please do share your feedback when you get the v2s. I liked the pics/commentary that you shared on the v2.

sure mate...this is why we fellow members are here. Sharing our insights and opinions. Good luck with your builds...can't wait to see them:)

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Sometimes I think you guys are too obsessed with the little fat subdial on a white day.. if u search on the web u will find some series of gen day with the same dial as noob v3 (as u say “fat” subdial)..

Sometimes? LOL!
Sometimes I can't fathom how people get worked up about a crystal that's a bit too high. Or a bezel insert that is slightly out of whack.
And how people spend hours and hours of work and hundreds or even thoisands of dollars to make their fake watch look a bit less fake.
But I marvel at the depth of insight that people have developed over time. And how they drive onward in their search of perfection. Who knows maybe one day I will buy one of these reps that people have upgraded with thousands of dollars worth of gen parts that show up on M2M sales all the time.
For now I am happy with my OOTB not quite perfect but for me splendidly wearable rep watches.
So my rehaut alignment on my Batman is off. And my 1675 GMT master is not aged. And my Paul Newman Daytona's subdials are too small.
When my ship comes in I will find the $15k, $12k, and $300k respectively and upgrade to gen! Till then I am enjoying the ride here!

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlia and JT888

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19

In every forum there are obsessed, it's normal..
I was often in a hifi forum called avmagazine and there was people swapping cables all day talking about seeing jesus in front of them every time they listened a cd, never happy always replacing something in a 100 200k system.

Here it's not that bad :)

ps. I do have a noob v3 black and i'm happy with it, great watch and works just like the real deal (arf doesn't)

johnlia

Renowned Member
23/1/17
In every forum there are obsessed, it's normal..
I was often in a hifi forum called avmagazine and there was people swapping cables all day talking about seeing jesus in front of them every time they listened a cd, never happy always replacing something in a 100 200k system.

Here it's not that bad :)

ps. I do have a noob v3 black and i'm happy with it, great watch and works just like the real deal (arf doesn't)

Bro! I guess we have the same past lool ! maniac of wifi.. used to make handmade crossovers but anyway we don’t go off topic..

Of course there is nothing bad.. but u see i have a noob v3 which is a perfect REPLICA in my opinion ad u noe what ? A watchman got that was a rep when he took the caseback off... so the next step for me will ben gen..
Till then I’ll never invest thousands of euros frankening my rep.. I’m not in this game to steal people building a prefect genstein or something like that and it will never pass on my mind because i love this passion...

Last edited:

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Yes absolutely, no point in frankening too much for me, but hey everyone spends his money as he wants !
A good noob v3 is almost impossible to recognize at the wrist and you can always buy an ARF and make a combo of the 2.
Point is in this way they force you to buy both ... smart those chinese

Redsoxfan02116

20/1/20
Boston
I have been on that same avsforum obsessing about a new receiver and whether it had features I would never use. So this forum suits me well. Lol. I am just thinking about my first 116500 noob v3 and whether the red font of Daytona will be too bright and not blood red enough and whether each time I look at it... I’ll wish I had bought the arf dial.... but other than that.... I’m good.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Beautiful watch. Did you install the complete ARF bracelet including SELs or just the removable links? As far as I know the ARF SELs are 0,2mm more narrow than the Noob lugs which results in a small gap. However your SELs look nice and tight.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Just removable links. Sel's Noob are very good!