• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{{ NOOB V3 Daytona vs Gen Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona }}

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
This one has the thinnest Sub-dials of the three and is the closest to Gen, other than the shininess of the Sub-dial finish.

Follow-up question - Would you still recommend an ARF dial for modding? I haven't seen an ARF v2 black dial in person, hence asking. Thanks a bunch in advance!!

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Follow-up question - Would you still recommend an ARF dial for modding? I haven't seen an ARF v2 black dial in person, hence asking. Thanks a bunch in advance!!

I think I have one in my spares box I can post some macros of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: srhoque

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

Just like the White Panda 116500, the Black ARF Dials are better in terms of sharpness of details and overall quality.

- The newest White 116500 Dials from ARF and Noob now both have the correct Sub-dial thickness.

The Black 116500 each still have a different compromise from ARF or from Noob.

- The Black 116500 ARF Dial has Sub-dials that are slightly thicker than Gen, but the overall quality is better.
- The latest correct Black 116500 Noob Dial finally has the correct Sub-dial thickness, but they are still too shinny in finish.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
yet nobody here but me apparently wants an 116520 with black dial..

Reactions: APpee

srhoque

28/11/18
Just like the White Panda 116500, the Black ARF Dials are better in terms of sharpness of details and overall quality.

- The newest White 116500 Dials from ARF and Noob now both have the correct Sub-dial thickness.

The Black 116500 each still have a different compromise from ARF or from Noob.

- The Black 116500 ARF Dial has Sub-dials that are slightly thicker than Gen, but the overall quality is better.
- The latest correct Black 116500 Noob Dial finally has the correct Sub-dial thickness, but they are still too shinny in finish.

M Scott - Hi!! So today I received and accepted QC for both Noob and ARF. I am liking the Noob one better, am I being crazy? requesting some guidance for my.modding project, I will be putting gen hands, Crystal, crown and CF bezel also.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
M Scott - Hi!! So today I received and accepted QC for both Noob and ARF. I am liking the Noob one better, am I being crazy? requesting some guidance for my.modding project, I will be putting gen hands, Crystal, crown and CF bezel also.

If you accepted and ordered both, then just wait and compare both side by side, in person when you receive them.

srhoque

28/11/18
If you accepted and ordered both, then just wait and compare both side by side, in person when you receive them.

Thanks for your continued patience with answering my questions :D

What you say makes sense, let me see in person and then make the call.

Bobi01

2/2/19

Bro,here you can see that arf dial is superior,subdials are whiter and hour indicator are better finished,and again we can see that arf updated pushers

nasar73

26/8/18
Marco1937 M Scott
Hi Guys, my Daytona has the ARF Dial, Noob V3 movement, Gen Rolex Dial and ARF Bracelet. I have a question regarding the red "Daytona", at times it's so faint I can't even see it. I don't know anyone who has a gen Daytona to compare it with. I have compared the red writing with my Gen SD43. The SD43 is brighter and easier to read. Is red on the Daytona meant to be dull?

nasar73

26/8/18
Marco1937 M Scott
Hi Guys, my Daytona has the ARF Dial, Noob V3 movement, Gen Rolex Dial and ARF Bracelet. I have a question regarding the red "Daytona", at times it's so faint I can't even see it. I don't know anyone who has a gen Daytona to compare it with. I have compared the red writing with my Gen SD43. The SD43 is brighter and easier to read. Is red on the Daytona meant to be dull?

forgot to say, I also added the CF Bezel to this.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Marco1937 M Scott

The Red Daytona on a Black Dial should be brighter and easier to read like your Gen SD43, but color shades seem to be one more area that Replicas struggle with sometimes.

Nice pictures of your watch, thanks for posting those.

Reactions: nasar73

nasar73

26/8/18
Wish there was someone here on the forum who could correct the colour! That would be awesome. I was never a Daytona fan before this rep..... I now get the hype around this watch.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
ORNCo.jpg

ORRGJ.jpg

ORFLP.jpg

OREik.jpg

ORVc8.jpg

ORGrW.jpg

ORxyL.jpg

ORS7S.jpg

ORb3Q.jpg

OfZS1.jpg

ORJwR.jpg

OfDCv.jpg

ORgmK.jpg

Ofzej.jpg

ARF dials are the ones with the thick rim
Black one is stock noob thin rings
Gold one is gen

Note my previous point about the outer and inner rings on the ARF. The light plays havoc with them. They can make the subdials seem too thick or too thin depending on the lighting.

The red in DAYTONA is more prominent but both are marginally too close to the subdial.

Gen crystal and lighting makes all the difference.

I would just not worry about it. All of the dials are plausibly Rolex now. Unless you're reselling the watch as gen, who cares

Reactions: nasar73

srhoque

28/11/18
Bro,here you can see that arf dial is superior,subdials are whiter and hour indicator are better finished,and again we can see that arf updated pushers
Robi01ssouthall6M Scott THANKS, glad you can see such differences in pics. Given that I don't have too much experience with the 116500 black dial, it was hard for me to decipher anything from the pics. I was hung up with ARF sub dial thickness. As ssouthall6 pointed, maybe QC lighting is affecting it more. Upon looking again, I do see better Coronet and better printing on the ARF.

Anyway, always appreciate the feedback and guidance. I plan to scrutinize both dials in my hand and in sunlight to compare finish/whiteness and then take the project forward. Thanks again!! Will post pics later of the Noob/ARF mashup project (I guess this will be the same as my Panda dial mashup).

Reactions: Bobi01

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
Hi All,

Just got my QC pic today.

I thought I'd ordered a V3 Noob, but the sub-dials on this look pretty bad, can anyone confirm if these are normal and I'm just being paranoid? I don't have photoshop either to scale image to do the subdial check and MS Paint is a nightmare to manipulate this sort of image!
Thanks

OFiX8.jpg

Last edited:

nasar73

26/8/18
ORNCo.jpg

ORRGJ.jpg

ORFLP.jpg

OREik.jpg

ORVc8.jpg

ORGrW.jpg

ORxyL.jpg

ORS7S.jpg

ORb3Q.jpg

OfZS1.jpg

ORJwR.jpg

OfDCv.jpg

ORgmK.jpg

Ofzej.jpg

ARF dials are the ones with the thick rim
Black one is stock noob thin rings
Gold one is gen

Note my previous point about the outer and inner rings on the ARF. The light plays havoc with them. They can make the subdials seem too thick or too thin depending on the lighting.

The red in DAYTONA is more prominent but both are marginally too close to the subdial.

Gen crystal and lighting makes all the difference.

I would just not worry about it. All of the dials are plausibly Rolex now. Unless you're reselling the watch as gen, who cares

ssouthall6 Thanks for sharing the dial pictures.

No no... i have no intention of following that tool from Horology House! Did you hear about the scam? It's on Youtube if anyone is interested.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Hi All,

Just got my QC pic today.

I thought I'd ordered a V3 Noob, but the sub-dials on this look pretty bad, can anyone confirm if these are normal and I'm just being paranoid? I don't have photoshop either to scale image to do the subdial check and MS Paint is a nightmare to manipulate this sort of image!
Thanks

OFiX8.jpg

It is a V3 but it has the old V1-V2 Dial with the thickest Sub-dials.

You can send this picture to your TD and see if they can find you a correct one like the one on the right...

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Unfortunately although I prefer the ARF dials I have to say that the size of the subdials in 116500 makes the difference. It is too important, they must be subtle. If I compare my Noob V3 (with CF ring and ARF bracelet) with the gen, the result is satisfactory...