• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{{ NOOB V3 Daytona vs Gen Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona }}

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
October 2019
This is a comparison of the popular Stainless Steel Case and Bracelet Rolex Ceramic Bezel Daytonas produced from 2015 to the Present. The Stainless Steel Bezel Daytonas have not been updated yet, so they are not included in this comparison.

- A Brief Stainless Steel Genuine Daytona Guide -

Key features that make each of these watches different...

- The 116520 was produced from 2000 to 2015 and has a Stainless Steel Bezel.
- The 116500 replaced the 116520 in 2016 and is produced with a Ceramic Bezel.

- The Rolex Logo and the Wording under it changed from the 116520 dial to the replacement 116500.
- The Rolex Font is different leaving more space around the letters on the newer 116500 dials.
- The Rolex name is about the same width, but the spacing of the wording under it is narrower.
- If you compare the location of T in Oyster in relation to the R in Rolex, the difference is easy to see.
VbnrJg.jpg

- The Size and Thickness of the Sub-dials appears to be the same for all of the dials, with the exception of the White 116500.
- The Sub-dials on the White 116500 Panda are slightly thicker than the other dials as shown in the picture below.
- On the Black dials, the Silver Sub-dials are a less shinny, matte finish on the newer 116500 Ceramic Bezel watch.

Right click and open image in a new tab to see this picture larger...
VbyQgy.jpg

- 116500 Ceramic Bezel Daytonas -
Z8lJQ.jpg

- 116500 White Daytona Panda -

- This seems to be the most popular of all these Daytonas.

Noob V1-V2 White 116500 -

- Released as V1 about July of 2018 with a 316L Stainless Steel case.
- Upgraded to V2 with a 904L case in August 2018 and the price increased by $100. Also some quality improvements to the dial.
- The first Daytona Replica with a complete Chinese clone of the Rolex 4130 chronograph movement.

- Sub-dials were too thick as shown in the picture below. However, the placement and outer diameter were correct.
- The Font and Scale of the Bezel "UNITS PER HOUR" was wrong. The "R"s have an incorrect serif that is easy to see.

Noob V2.2 White 116500 -

- The 904L V2 case was released in August 2018 and this Updated "V2.2" dial was released in February of 2019.

- The Thickness of the Sub-dials now appears to be almost the same as Gen, as shown in the picture below.
- Quality of the Dial and Bezel was said to be improved, But the Font and Scale of the Bezel "UNITS PER HOUR" was still wrong.

- V2.2 is not an official Version name with the Noob Factory or with the Dealers in China. It is just a name started and used on this forum to easily and consistently label a new Updated dial.

Noob V3 White 116500 -

- Released as V3 in September of 2019 with a new Bezel that appears very close to Gen.
- The new revised Bezel appears to be the only change for this V3 release.

Most people who have a White Panda Dial Noob Daytona are very happy with them, and very, very happy with the 4130 movement.

The two major complaints with the V1 and V2 versions were the Sub-dial thickness and the Font on the Bezel.

- Noob fixed the Sub-dial thickness with an Updated "V2.2" dial in February of 2019. For the White Panda dial the difference was slight, but the Sub-dial thickness is now about the same as Gen. Many people complained about the Sub-dial thickness for a long time, so it is still questioned by some, even though it was fixed over six months ago.

- With the recent V3 release, Noob finally fixed the "UNITS PER HOUR" font on the Ceramic Bezel and it too now appears very close to Gen. The Clean Factory has also released an excellent quality replacement Ceramic Bezel to update older version Noobs or for people who believe the quality or durability of the new V3 Bezel isn't good enough.

Minor complaints by some are the details and overall quality of the Dial and the Bracelet when compared directly with an ARF Daytona. This has been the subject of much debate, but again most people are very happy with the White Panda Dial Noob Daytona the way it is now.

ARF V2 White 116500 -

- Released as V2 in August of 2018.
- Uses a Chinese a7750 movement. The Sub-dials at 3 and 9 are non-functional.
- Slightly thicker than the Noob or a Gen.
- The Rolex logo and other Lettering is slighty better than the Noob.
- Higher quality dial in the details than the Noob, but the sub-dials do appear very slightly thinner than Gen..
- High quality bezel that is very close to Gen.

- Some have combined the Dial, Bezel, and Bracelet Clasp from this ARF with a Noob to achieve a better looking end result.

- Disclaimer -
- This comparison is based on a large collection of hi-resolution pictures that I have saved while studying these Daytona watches for over a year.
- All of the pictures have been carefully leveled, sized, and aligned. I also added red guide lines to help compare the Sub-dial sizes.
- Any opinions that I have added are just my opinions. I am not trying to tell you what to buy or how to think.
- My intention is to provide clear, accurate pictures that you can compare, study, and use to make your own decisions.

- Yes, this comparison is nit-picking small details that most people will never see on the wrist, and some larger details that only some will ever be able to see.
​​​​​​​- All of these sharp, magnified pictures are just making it more interesting for some to see just how close these Replicas are getting to Genuine watches.

Black Dial Daytonas coming in the next post -

Last edited:

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Vbiyd8.jpg

- 116500 Black Daytona -

- My favorite Daytona.

Noob V1-V2 Black 116500 -

- Released as V1 about July of 2018 with a 316L Stainless Steel case.
- Upgraded to V2 with a 904L case in August 2018 and the price increased by $100. Also some quality improvements to the dial.
- The first Daytona Replica with a complete Chinese clone of the Rolex 4130 chronograph movement.

- Sub-dials were too thick and too shinny as shown in the picture below. However, the placement and outer diameter were correct.
- The Font and Scale of the Bezel "UNITS PER HOUR" was wrong. The "R"s have an incorrect serif that is easy to see.

Noob V2.2 Black 116500 -

- The 904L V2 case was released in August 2018 and this Updated "V2.2" dial was released in February of 2019.

- The Thickness of the Sub-dials now appear to be slightly thicker than Gen, as shown in the picture below.
- The Silver Sub-dials were too shinny and should have more of a matte finish on this newer 116500 dial.
- Quality of the Dial and Bezel was said to be improved, But the Font and Scale of the Bezel "UNITS PER HOUR" was still wrong.

- V2.2 is not an official Version name with the Noob Factory or with the Dealers in China. It is just a name started and used on this forum to easily and consistently label a new Updated dial.

Noob V3 Black 116500 -

- Released as V3 in September of 2019 with a new Bezel that appears very close to Gen.
- The new revised Bezel appears to be the only change for this V3 release.

Many people who have a Black Dial Noob Daytona are very happy with them, and very, very happy with the 4130 movement.

The two major complaints with the V1 and V2 versions were the Sub-dial thickness and the Font on the Bezel.

- Noob tried to fix the Sub-dial thickness with an Updated "V2.2" dial in February of 2019. For this Black dial the difference was much better, but the Sub-dial thickness is now still slightly thicker than Gen and the Silver finish is still too shinny.

- With the recent V3 release, Noob finally fixed the "UNITS PER HOUR" font on the Ceramic Bezel and it too now appears very close to Gen. The Clean Factory has also released an excellent quality replacement Ceramic Bezel to update older version Noobs or for people who believe the quality or durability of the new V3 Bezel isn't good enough.

Minor complaints by some are the details and overall quality of the Dial and the Bracelet when compared directly with an ARF Daytona. This has been the subject of much debate, but many people are very happy with the V3 Noob Daytona the way it is now.

ARF V2 Black 116500 -

- Released as V2 in August of 2018.
- Uses a Chinese a7750 movement. The Sub-dials at 3 and 9 are non-functional.
- Slightly thicker than the Noob or a Gen.
- The Rolex logo and other Lettering is slighty better than the Noob.
- Higher quality dial in the details than the Noob, but the sub-dials do appear very slightly thinner than Gen..
- High quality bezel that is very close to Gen.

- Some have combined the Dial, Bezel, and Bracelet Clasp from this ARF with a Noob to achieve a better looking end result.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Beautiful job!

Thank you very much.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Enjoyed your reviews, Thanks for sharing !

srhoque

28/11/18
M Scott - You are a real asset to this forum. I have read through all your Daytona comparison posts. In fact my 116500 Panda build was inspired by your comments. Ultimately, I used ARF dial, bezel and clasp with Noob base.

Keep up the good work. Thanks for continuing to educate us!!

yakuuu

Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Thanks for the effort. Really appreciate it!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Perfect...now is there anyone who ordered a noob 116520 black dial recently ???

What's the status on that ?

simospan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/16
I think the dial always has the problem of the rolex font: R O L E X

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Thanks to all for your kind words...

The old "V2.2" Noob Daytona vs Gen and ARF thread that this one replaces has about 740 responses, 71,500 views, and 49 likes. More than all of the "Sticky" threads in this Rolex section other than the "What Rolex are you wearing today" threads.

It looks like many Members found that older thread useful, and I hope that will continue with this new, updated thread.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Thanks to all for your kind words...

The old "V2.2" Noob Daytona vs Gen and ARF thread that this one replaces has about 740 responses, 71,500 views, and 49 likes. More than all of the "Sticky" threads in this Rolex section other than the "What Rolex are you wearing today" threads.

It looks like many Members found that older thread useful, and I hope that will continue with this new, updated thread.

Can you write something about red color of Daytona inside white dial? Maybe Noob is too much orange and Arf is too much dark...

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Can you write something about red color of Daytona inside white dial? Maybe Noob is too much orange and Arf is too much dark...

This may be true, but it seems very few Members comment or complain about it.