• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{{ NOOB V3 Daytona vs Gen Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona }}

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Thank you Marco for your answer. Besides the clasp (which I already know that ARF is so much better) is there a noticeable difference between the fixed Noob links and removable ARF links in terms of quality? I am asking, because I am currently planning a 116520 White dial Noob ARF hybrid. Right now I only have the Noob base watch and am waiting for the Arrival of the ARF doner watch. I am really excited to see the differences in bracelet quality in the flesh. Somewhere I have read that modders can switch the Noob SELs to the complete ARF bracelet.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Thank you Marco for your answer. Besides the clasp (which I already know that ARF is so much better) is there a noticeable difference between the fixed Noob links and removable ARF links in terms of quality? I am asking, because I am currently planning a 116520 White dial Noob ARF hybrid. Right now I only have the Noob base watch and am waiting for the Arrival of the ARF doner watch. I am really excited to see the differences in bracelet quality in the flesh. Somewhere I have read that modders can switch the Noob SELs to the complete ARF bracelet.

have done the same and you cant see any difference in links

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
have done the same and you cant see any difference in links

+1. No difference. Have done the same as well. I also had the bracelet go through my spa treatment (Dip in WD40 for a day and then dip in Baby oil for a day. Repeat process twice and clean up using lint free micro fiber cloth. Now there is no way you can differentiate the links and has the gen like clack.

Reactions: opus42

srhoque

28/11/18
Best 116500 white:

Noob watch + ARF dial V2 (fat counters version) + ARF bracelet + CF insert

Quick question - Are all the new ARF v2 Panda having the fat sub dials? I have an older v2 (thin counter) and was wondering if it is worth the upgrade. Any side-by-side pics with old vs new ARF v2 Panda dials? Much appreciated!!

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Quick question - Are all the new ARF v2 Panda having the fat sub dials? I have an older v2 (thin counter) and was wondering if it is worth the upgrade. Any side-by-side pics with old vs new ARF v2 Panda dials? Much appreciated!!

ARF V1 version was too much thin.
ARF V2 fat version and thin version are not too much different. Look...

srhoque

28/11/18

Thanks Mate!! Very helpful pic. I guess I will stick to my ARF v2 Thin. Its already modded and fit into a Noob;)

johnlia

Renowned Member
23/1/17

I dunno why but the arf dial seems to be yellowish... and actually I dunno if it’s correct or not..

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I dunno why but the arf dial seems to be yellowish... and actually I dunno if it’s correct or not..

That has always been my gripe. The gen has a blueish icy white hue whereas the ARF has a creamish hue. The Noob dial does that better IMO and this actually sticks out on the wrist unlike DAYTONA print or thick subdials or not-so-clear pri t.

Reactions: XLR8R and johnlia

srhoque

28/11/18
That has always been my gripe. The gen has a blueish icy white hue whereas the ARF has a creamish hue. The Noob dial does that better IMO and this actually sticks out on the wrist unlike DAYTONA print or thick subdials or not-so-clear pri t.

This topic has been discussed before ;) Both ARF cream dial and Noob white dial are correct. The Gen Panda over the years have had both color variations in their dials.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
This topic has been discussed before ;) Both ARF cream dial and Noob white dial are correct. The Gen Panda over the years have had both color variations in their dials.

Yes, correct. ARF dial V2 with fat counters is more white than V1-V2 ARF dials.

Reactions: goldenio

italym21

Known Member
21/3/19
italy
I will probably take some insults .. but I am extremely undecided, after many photos, comments .. I'm stunned .. do you think better dial ARF v2 or noob V3 on 116500 panda?

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
I just placed an order for an ARF v2, QC pics came in within 24 hours and it looks to have the fat counters. I approved and will post pics once it arrives.

srhoque

28/11/18
I will probably take some insults .. but I am extremely undecided, after many photos, comments .. I'm stunned .. do you think better dial ARF v2 or noob V3 on 116500 panda?

ARF v2 all the way.

Recent Noob v3 has a new problem now - the sub dials are extremely thin like the old Zenith models. So with Noob v3 you will most likely get fat or very thin sub dials. Also ARF printing crispness is superior to Noob and the markers are well rounded like the gens.

Note: Even ARF has 2 variations of sub dial thickness but the difference between them is so small that it’s hard to decipher (whereas in Noob it is very obvious)

Reactions: italym21

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18

I am considering getting the same watch and after seeing the pics I think arf dial is better, but not sure.. I am bandwagoning on your question.. let's get some insults (and hopefully advice) together!

gravec

25/5/20
Hello guys,
I have a short question regardings the sub dials, my TD offered me the following watch,. I am worried, since I read so much about too thin dials that I am getting either paranoid, or are the sub dials really thin on this one? It is a noob v3 btw.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Hello guys,
I have a short question regardings the sub dials, my TD offered me the following watch,. I am worried, since I read so much about too thin dials that I am getting either paranoid, or are the sub dials really thin on this one? It is a noob v3 btw.

Too thin bro! This is really wrong