• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{{ NOOB V3 Daytona vs Gen Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona }}

Andrew0

Known Member
8/1/17
Sweden
Awesome collection even in 2020, very pleased to get a ground understanding in the different daytonas! +1

Az901

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/19
Noob V3 + ARF dial V2 + CF bezel + half ARF bracelet.
Now it is like gen :)
How much does such a build cost if you don't mind me asking ..?

And one more thing I understood from reading the post and comments, Noob v3 white dial is more gen like than the black dial right ..? And it's almost good enough ootb ..

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
How much does such a build cost if you don't mind me asking ..?

And one more thing I understood from reading the post and comments, Noob v3 white dial is more gen like than the black dial right ..? And it's almost good enough ootb ..

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Noob $688, ARF (for dial + bracelet) $488, CF bezel $148.
Modder charges $150 to $300 depending on extent of work.
Also 4130 service is another $275 (highly recommended).

BTW, in my opinion both White and Noob dials have issues. Given you are going the above combo route - ARF is better for both White and black dial

robmack

22/2/20
Hi, Thank you very much for the work that you've put into creating and publishing this content. I find it very useful as I continue to do research into the best purchase option for me.

What I see in other threads that I also find useful are analyses of the flaws in rep watches that have been performed on the user-provided QC images. What I've seen in forum posts are annotated images with guide lines drawn in to emphasize problems.The explanations that backup this analysis sometimes is vague or missing. I sometimes am at a loss as to what I should be specifically focussing on because the accompanying description is terse; the author assumes knowledge of the readership, which in my case is missing. As a beginner, I can become a more informed consumer if I'm taught the tricks rather than shown the results. I think it would be a useful addition to this thread to provide some examples of typical flaws not necessarily having to do with the dial (bezel fonts, misaligned bezels, crooked or misaligned index markers, SEL problems) with play-by-play of what is good and what is bad.

- Robert

Last edited:

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

The Noob V3 White Dial is more Gen like than the Black Dial, if you get one with the correct Sub-dial thickness.
Noob has been building the White 116500 V3 with two different Dials, and the Black 116500 V3 with three different Dials.

The Noob is "good enough" out of the box as long as you don't compare it side by side, in person, with an ARF or with a Gen.

Redsoxfan02116

20/1/20
Boston
This is a great write up on the Daytona ARV vs Noob comparisons. I've learned so much. Pointing out the T in Oyster in relation to Rolex and the opinions on the Noob Dial. Your last post is helpful too as I'm torn between the black dial and the white. I'm not sure if this question should be here but... is the CF bezel easy enough to replace if I purchase the Noob v3? Wondering if my local watch repair shop would or could make that mod? My other question would be regarding the dial. If I bought an ARF and needed it sized down for the noob v3. Is this an easy to do? Kind of nervous about asking a local watch repair man who has replaced all of my batteries for me. Recommendations?

srhoque

28/11/18
The problem is that Noob has used three different dials with three different sub-dial thicknesses it the resent V3 116500 Black Dial release.

- One is the old original V1-V2 version with sub-dials that are way too thick and too shinny.
- The Second is the "V2.2" version with sub-dials that are thinner, but still thicker than Gen and still too shinny.
- The Third is the V3 version with sub-dials that are about the same thickness as Gen but again, still too shinny.

So far, Noobs Quality Control with the V3 116500 Daytona has been inconsistent at best.

The sub-dials on the Black ARF V2 dial are slightly thicker than Gen, but the Sharpness of Detail and overall Quality is better than any of the Noobs.

Hi M Scott - Can you please help me identify which Noob v3 dial this one is (of the 3 variants that you have mentioned):

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Hi M Scott - Can you please help me identify which Noob v3 dial this one is (of the 3 variants that you have mentioned):

This one has the thinnest Sub-dials of the three and is the closest to Gen, other than the shininess of the Sub-dial finish.

This is also the one that Marco1937 has.
Rare so far as I have only seen three or four of these.

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
This one has the thinnest Sub-dials of the three and is the closest to Gen, other than the shininess of the Sub-dial finish.

This is also the one that Marco1937 has.
Rare so far as I have only seen three or four of these.

Thanks M Scott !! I feel lucky!!

Redsoxfan02116

20/1/20
Boston
When you say Trusty... which TD is that? Sorry I’m just learning. Really nice looking dial. Only way to tell is where red line hits d and a ... and you would never spot that from a glance. Wow. Never mind regarding question... just read his status.

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
When you say Trusty... which TD is that? Sorry I’m just learning. Really nice looking dial. Only way to tell is where red line hits d and a ... and you would never spot that from a glance. Wow. Never mind regarding question... just read his status.

Its TrustyTime, he is not a TD on this forum (But is in other Rep forums). Has one of the best website for browsing with videos.

Love your name, Go RedSox!! Hope we recover from Alex Cora loss and have a great season in 2020.

Redsoxfan02116

20/1/20
Boston
Just checked out his site. Cool 116500 video. One question as I haven’t seen a video of noob v3 Daytona. I notice the second hand ticks in v3 on trusty. Is the genuine a smooth sweep vs tick? I recall that was the case with very early reps.that was the easiest tell of Rolex rep. Or am I seeing things? Yes we need lots of Red Sox luck his year and good pitching

srhoque

28/11/18
Just checked out his site. Cool 116500 video. One question as I haven’t seen a video of noob v3 Daytona. I notice the second hand ticks in v3 on trusty. Is the genuine a smooth sweep vs tick? I recall that was the case with very early reps.that was the easiest tell of Rolex rep. Or am I seeing things? Yes we need lots of Red Sox luck his year and good pitching

Second hand sweep looks ok in my Daytona. But then I have also swapped out the second hand wheel to a gen one ;)

Last edited: