Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

{{ NOOB V3 Daytona vs Gen Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona }}

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by srhoque View Post
    Are we obsessed, probably we are. But the thickness (or lack thereof) in the 116500 makes or breaks the looks of the dial. As another member mentioned, it is a subtle but necessary factor.

    I just got a Noob v3 dial with the perfect gen-like thickness but still swapping it out with the ARF dial because I can't live with the glossiness and sunburst of Noob subdials. I guess I am super OCD
    Doing the same thing right now actually. It’s obsession and OCDs like ours that fuel factories to improve. Nothing progressed by simply settling


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


      Originally posted by srhoque View Post

      Don't mean to derail this thread but please do share your feedback when you get the v2s. I liked the pics/commentary that you shared on the v2.
      sure mate...this is why we fellow members are here. Sharing our insights and opinions. Good luck with your builds...can't wait to see them

      Comment


        Originally posted by johnlia View Post
        Sometimes I think you guys are too obsessed with the little fat subdial on a white day.. if u search on the web u will find some series of gen day with the same dial as noob v3 (as u say “fat” subdial)..
        Sometimes? LOL!
        Sometimes I can't fathom how people get worked up about a crystal that's a bit too high. Or a bezel insert that is slightly out of whack.
        And how people spend hours and hours of work and hundreds or even thoisands of dollars to make their fake watch look a bit less fake.
        But I marvel at the depth of insight that people have developed over time. And how they drive onward in their search of perfection. Who knows maybe one day I will buy one of these reps that people have upgraded with thousands of dollars worth of gen parts that show up on M2M sales all the time.
        For now I am happy with my OOTB not quite perfect but for me splendidly wearable rep watches.
        So my rehaut alignment on my Batman is off. And my 1675 GMT master is not aged. And my Paul Newman Daytona's subdials are too small.
        When my ship comes in I will find the $15k, $12k, and $300k respectively and upgrade to gen! Till then I am enjoying the ride here!
        Last edited by RiffRalf; 25-03-20, 23:52.

        Comment


          Originally posted by johnlia View Post
          Sometimes I think you guys are too obsessed with the little fat subdial on a white day.. if u search on the web u will find some series of gen day with the same dial as noob v3 (as u say “fat” subdial)..
          In every forum there are obsessed, it's normal..
          I was often in a hifi forum called avmagazine and there was people swapping cables all day talking about seeing jesus in front of them every time they listened a cd, never happy always replacing something in a 100 200k system.

          Here it's not that bad

          ps. I do have a noob v3 black and i'm happy with it, great watch and works just like the real deal (arf doesn't)

          Comment


            Originally posted by acer1113 View Post

            In every forum there are obsessed, it's normal..
            I was often in a hifi forum called avmagazine and there was people swapping cables all day talking about seeing jesus in front of them every time they listened a cd, never happy always replacing something in a 100 200k system.

            Here it's not that bad

            ps. I do have a noob v3 black and i'm happy with it, great watch and works just like the real deal (arf doesn't)
            Bro! I guess we have the same past lool ! maniac of wifi.. used to make handmade crossovers but anyway we don’t go off topic..

            Of course there is nothing bad.. but u see i have a noob v3 which is a perfect REPLICA in my opinion ad u noe what ? A watchman got that was a rep when he took the caseback off... so the next step for me will ben gen..
            Till then I’ll never invest thousands of euros frankening my rep.. I’m not in this game to steal people building a prefect genstein or something like that and it will never pass on my mind because i love this passion...
            Last edited by johnlia; 29-03-20, 21:14.

            Comment


              Yes absolutely, no point in frankening too much for me, but hey everyone spends his money as he wants !
              A good noob v3 is almost impossible to recognize at the wrist and you can always buy an ARF and make a combo of the 2.
              Point is in this way they force you to buy both ... smart those chinese

              Comment


                I have been on that same avsforum obsessing about a new receiver and whether it had features I would never use. So this forum suits me well. Lol. I am just thinking about my first 116500 noob v3 and whether the red font of Daytona will be too bright and not blood red enough and whether each time I look at it... I’ll wish I had bought the arf dial.... but other than that.... I’m good.

                Comment


                  Best 116500 white:

                  Noob watch + ARF dial V2 (fat counters version) + ARF bracelet + CF insert

                  Comment


                    Beautiful watch. Did you install the complete ARF bracelet including SELs or just the removable links? As far as I know the ARF SELs are 0,2mm more narrow than the Noob lugs which results in a small gap. However your SELs look nice and tight.

                    Comment


                      Just removable links. Sel's Noob are very good!

                      Comment


                        Thank you Marco for your answer. Besides the clasp (which I already know that ARF is so much better) is there a noticeable difference between the fixed Noob links and removable ARF links in terms of quality? I am asking, because I am currently planning a 116520 White dial Noob ARF hybrid. Right now I only have the Noob base watch and am waiting for the Arrival of the ARF doner watch. I am really excited to see the differences in bracelet quality in the flesh. Somewhere I have read that modders can switch the Noob SELs to the complete ARF bracelet.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Tony Clifton View Post
                          Thank you Marco for your answer. Besides the clasp (which I already know that ARF is so much better) is there a noticeable difference between the fixed Noob links and removable ARF links in terms of quality? I am asking, because I am currently planning a 116520 White dial Noob ARF hybrid. Right now I only have the Noob base watch and am waiting for the Arrival of the ARF doner watch. I am really excited to see the differences in bracelet quality in the flesh. Somewhere I have read that modders can switch the Noob SELs to the complete ARF bracelet.
                          have done the same and you cant see any difference in links

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by freediver View Post

                            have done the same and you cant see any difference in links
                            +1. No difference. Have done the same as well. I also had the bracelet go through my spa treatment (Dip in WD40 for a day and then dip in Baby oil for a day. Repeat process twice and clean up using lint free micro fiber cloth. Now there is no way you can differentiate the links and has the gen like clack.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Marco1937 View Post
                              Best 116500 white:

                              Noob watch + ARF dial V2 (fat counters version) + ARF bracelet + CF insert
                              Quick question - Are all the new ARF v2 Panda having the fat sub dials? I have an older v2 (thin counter) and was wondering if it is worth the upgrade. Any side-by-side pics with old vs new ARF v2 Panda dials? Much appreciated!!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by srhoque View Post

                                Quick question - Are all the new ARF v2 Panda having the fat sub dials? I have an older v2 (thin counter) and was wondering if it is worth the upgrade. Any side-by-side pics with old vs new ARF v2 Panda dials? Much appreciated!!
                                ARF V1 version was too much thin.
                                ARF V2 fat version and thin version are not too much different. Look...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X