Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

{{ NOOB V3 Daytona vs Gen Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona }}

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ssouthall6 View Post















    ARF dials are the ones with the thick rim
    Black one is stock noob thin rings
    Gold one is gen

    Note my previous point about the outer and inner rings on the ARF. The light plays havoc with them. They can make the subdials seem too thick or too thin depending on the lighting.

    The red in DAYTONA is more prominent but both are marginally too close to the subdial.

    Gen crystal and lighting makes all the difference.

    I would just not worry about it. All of the dials are plausibly Rolex now. Unless you're reselling the watch as gen, who cares
    ssouthall6 Thanks for sharing the dial pictures.

    No no... i have no intention of following that tool from Horology House! Did you hear about the scam? It's on Youtube if anyone is interested.

    Comment


      Originally posted by dwjpaypal View Post
      Hi All,

      Just got my QC pic today.

      I thought I'd ordered a V3 Noob, but the sub-dials on this look pretty bad, can anyone confirm if these are normal and I'm just being paranoid? I don't have photoshop either to scale image to do the subdial check and MS Paint is a nightmare to manipulate this sort of image!
      Thanks

      It is a V3 but it has the old V1-V2 Dial with the thickest Sub-dials.

      You can send this picture to your TD and see if they can find you a correct one like the one on the right...
      .

      Comment


        Unfortunately although I prefer the ARF dials I have to say that the size of the subdials in 116500 makes the difference. It is too important, they must be subtle. If I compare my Noob V3 (with CF ring and ARF bracelet) with the gen, the result is satisfactory...

        Comment


          Originally posted by Marco1937 View Post
          U.... If I compare my Noob V3 (with CF ring and ARF bracelet) with the gen, the result is satisfactory...
          Indeed. You gorra draw the line somehwere. Or fork over $22k. It;s a great rep

          Comment


            Originally posted by Marco1937 View Post
            U.... If I compare my Noob V3 (with CF ring and ARF bracelet) with the gen, the result is satisfactory...
            Indeed. You gorra draw the line somehwere. Or fork over $22k. It;s a great rep

            Comment


              Originally posted by M Scott View Post

              It is a V3 but it has the old V1-V2 Dial with the thickest Sub-dials.

              You can send this picture to your TD and see if they can find you a correct one like the one on the right...
              .
              I'm still learning about the Daytona before I purchase. When you all talk about the dials or sub dials on the V3 vs ARF or the problem in general... can you explain? What was @dwjpaypal saying was wrong with the subdials? Are you all saying the sub dial ring in white is too thick in width? Man, that's hard to tell without studying it.... unless I'm missing something. I'm not sure I would be able to tell without drawing those red lines. Thanks in advance for helping a NOOB.
              Last edited by Redsoxfan02116; 06-03-20, 21:11.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Redsoxfan02116 View Post

                I'm still learning about the Daytona before I purchase. When you all talk about the dials or sub dials on the V3 vs ARF or the problem in general... can you explain? What was @dwjpaypal saying was wrong with the subdials? Are you all saying the sub dial ring in white is too thick in width? Man, that's hard to tell without studying it.... unless I'm missing something. I'm not sure I would be able to tell without drawing those red lines. Thanks in advance for helping a NOOB.
                If you cant see it why would you bother ? Buy and enjoy
                I'm in love with the shape of Roo // Sucker for 3-6-9 dials

                Comment


                  Originally posted by SuperLory View Post

                  If you cant see it why would you bother ? Buy and enjoy
                  Easy answer... because I over analyze and over research every purchase thats more than a few bucks. But I got your point. Makes sense. But if I didn’t read this forum I would have already made a bunch of mistakes. Rather just purchase the closest rep I can the first time. For example, I notice the color of the Daytona easily and the bezel and fonts ... this one is just harder to see. These guys are so good. I remember years ago, ppl would just point out the second hand not having a smooth sweep.

                  Comment


                    Obsessed with the 11650... I’ve read a lot of posts about the ARF vs Noob and how to interchange the parts to make it better. Can anyone comment on the weight / feel but mostly the weight of the ARF vs Noob V3? And how does each compare to the weight of the Gen? Thanks!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Redsoxfan02116 View Post
                      Obsessed with the 11650... I’ve read a lot of posts about the ARF vs Noob and how to interchange the parts to make it better. Can anyone comment on the weight / feel but mostly the weight of the ARF vs Noob V3? And how does each compare to the weight of the Gen? Thanks!
                      Both ARF n Noob are comparable and at par with Gen as far as weight and feel is considered. Hope this helps

                      Comment


                        Good job and very informative!!!

                        Comment


                          Sometimes I think you guys are too obsessed with the little fat subdial on a white day.. if u search on the web u will find some series of gen day with the same dial as noob v3 (as u say “fat” subdial)..

                          Comment


                            Are we obsessed, probably we are. But the thickness (or lack thereof) in the 116500 makes or breaks the looks of the dial. As another member mentioned, it is a subtle but necessary factor.

                            I just got a Noob v3 dial with the perfect gen-like thickness but still swapping it out with the ARF dial because I can't live with the glossiness and sunburst of Noob subdials. I guess I am super OCD

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by srhoque View Post
                              Are we obsessed, probably we are. But the thickness (or lack thereof) in the 116500 makes or breaks the looks of the dial. As another member mentioned, it is a subtle but necessary factor.

                              I just got a Noob v3 dial with the perfect gen-like thickness but still swapping it out with the ARF dial because I can't live with the glossiness and sunburst of Noob subdials. I guess I am super OCD
                              After seeing your 116610LV project n now this, you are a man who pursue perfection.....kudos mate
                              Last edited by ashu2289; 25-03-20, 15:49.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ashu2289 View Post

                                After seeing your 116610LV project n now this, you are a man who pursue perfection.....kudos mate
                                Don't mean to derail this thread but please do share your feedback when you get the v2s. I liked the pics/commentary that you shared on the v2.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X