• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 4130 issue...

RepHoro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
Georgia
I am a Rolex rep collector. I have 30 of them and do my own regulation and light maint. For over a year I have been singing the praises of the Noob 4130 Daytona. Many have said the the movement is a real peace of art and worth the $700 just in itself, and I have whole heartedly agreed.

But now I am beginning to worry. A few days ago the chrono function stopped working on my panda. Worse the watch would intermittently stop running for a few seconds until shaken. I am watch savy - always treat them with respect - and know what I am doing operationally - this thing just broke. It may be a simple fix for a competent watchmaker - or something more involved - I don't know. But it does give me pause in what had been a very enthusiastic supporter of the Noob. I hope its an anomaly. I will keep people aware of the problem - but in the meantime would appreciate others reporting any issues.

Last edited:

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Have any of your 4130 Daytonas ever been serviced?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have one on which the power reserve is poor. Well, let me clarify - if I give it a full wind it lasts 72 hours. When that runs out, it quits. Even on a winder. So obviously the rotor is not turning properly. I keep meaning to tend to it but I have a half dozen other projects going and it keeps getting bumped out of the to do list buffer. I'm not overly concerned about it since it's a minor issue, but it's a flaw nonetheless. And any Chinese rep movement will certainly benefit from a servicing. It's appalling what I've found in some of these movements. The SA4130 is a better movement than many others but it still suffers from cheap factory labor and poor environmental conditions.

bfiuza

23/3/15
Mine have Same thing.

Watch work normally, when i start the chono until 15sec he stop everything.

Second watch 4130 with problem i take.

Enviado de meu SM-G975F usando o Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
My first experience of the Noob 4130 was owning a Daytona with one in for a couple of days, selling it and it arriving DOA at its destination. So I refunded the buyer, got it back and sent it off to Ado213 to get it fixed. He found the movement to be pretty cruddy with minimal lube and foreign bodies jamming parts up. But once stripped, fixed and serviced he praised the design and potential longevity of the movement - and pronounced it fit for purpose. It's given me no trouble whatsoever since and has excellent PR.

I think it's the same with all the Chinese movements. Sketchy QC at the "factories" means it'll be the luck of the draw as to whether yours is a good one. It's then a matter of personal philosophy whether to have it checked out and serviced as a matter of course, or wait till something goes wrong. My philosophy tends to the latter approach - but that's just me.

Reactions: KJ2020

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
My brand new watch (worn 4 days at home) stopped today. I ran the chrono just for a few minutes and noticed it stopped. I stopped and reset the chrono and now the watch is dead. This is my 4th noob daytona I wonder has the quality had gone down

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Do you think it’s really a decline in quality, or maybe just the luck of the draw?
Possibly, let's monitor the forum for the next couple of months when others receive theirs where possibly was made around the same time as mine.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk