• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Released whole line of DG3804 CHS GMTs - cheap!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Thanks mate. Just spoke to him. Happy New year - hope you’re well.

Nice one. I’m looking to try with Li too, everyone talks wonders about him. Happy new year to you mate! All very good, back in sunny Spain with the family and enjoying life here. Hope all’s good in the good old London!

Reactions: muiramas

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Guys, can't we have the 2386 on theses? There's soooo much version on perfect clone website and i'm lost even after digging into that thread since the first day, i was amazed with OP 5 digits pepsi, but then you have to pick a timebomb movement or to deal with ichs... So i've turned my choice with thoses vinted 4 digits (op pointed me to the correct thread) and members report it as horrible (lol), so wich BP 4 digits CHS to dig with (reliable movement like a2386)

Any help would be cool.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Guys, can't we have the 2386 on theses? There's soooo much version on perfect clone website and i'm lost even after digging into that thread since the first day, i was amazed with OP 5 digits pepsi, but then you have to pick a timebomb movement or to deal with ichs... So i've turned my choice with thoses vinted 4 digits (op pointed me to the correct thread) and members report it as horrible (lol), so wich BP 4 digits CHS to dig with (reliable movement like a2386)

Any help would be cool.

Well, my 16710 has been used consistently since late October and is working perfectly, I wouldn’t call it a time bomb. When I say consistently I mean I’ve changed the whole datewheel forward a month by jumping the hour hand countless times. I have also travelled more than five time zones and back and jumped the hour forward and backwards all these times. Still working, just regulated it a week ago and goes +4s/d now.

I think the problem is the lack of consistency in these movements, which is very normal on Chinese réplicas actually. Even if it craps out you can go and replace the movement with a normal ICHS low beat which is fairly cheap. For $240 is still a steal.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
As Hincliminci says - the DG3804 is a lot more reliable than the crap movement you’ll see in a GMF / Noob GMT.

Or you go super reliable ICHS.

IMG-2040.jpg

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I need a little help here : I'm looking for a new movement to give life back to my BP 16710, wich came with a dead A2813 CHS (and my repair attemps definitely got it 6 feet under!).

All offers I can seem to find on the Bay for "A2813 lite" or DG3804 GMTs seem to be either non GMT or ICHS.
I'm afraid to buy a wrong movement, as I read several type of mvmt can be used.

If I want to stay CHS, what brands and reference of movements can I look for to replace the original dead A2813 CHS?

Thank you all

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: virgilio.garaffa

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I need a little help here : I'm looking for a new movement to give life back to my BP 16710, wich came with a dead A2813 CHS (and my repair attemps definitely got it 6 feet under!).

All offers I can seem to find on the Bay for "A2813 lite" or DG3804 GMTs seem to be either non GMT or ICHS.
I'm afraid to buy a wrong movement, as I read several type of mvmt can be used.

If I want to stay CHS, what brands and reference of movements can I look for to replace the original dead A2813 CHS?

Thank you all

The only other CHS movement that will fit in that case (that we know for sure) is the ETA 2824 CHS timebomb. From my post below regarding these movements the DG3804 CHS movements "are unique and only available from TDs". Additionally, CHS hands for either movement are also unique and only available new from a TD. The CHS DG3804 hands do not have the same hands hole sizes as the CHS 2824 either which you could possibly scavenge from a dead timebomb movement from someone.

It is *possible* the new VR3185 would fit with a custom movement holder. I just received one today, and coincidentally my BP ETA 2836 ICHS case is empty. These movements are $200 and would need gen spec replacement hands, which are available from Startime with only a red GMT hand IIRC (which is what you need, BLNR and LN owners need not apply). Wouldn't that be a groundbreaking discovery if this worked? I am pretty deep in other projects right now but I can do a rough guess test fit maybe tomorrow. The BP 2836 ICHS case is the same case used for the BP 2824 CHS ETA, and I fit a DG2813 ICHS into one so, if a=b and b=c then maybe a=d, lol. Lot of ifs here.

Contrast all that with just getting an ICHS DG3804 $40 and hands $18 and replacing them yourself. In 30 years of owning a gen 5 digit GMT not once has anyone ever noticed or asked me about handstack. The two hands are only near each other about 2 hours a day. Plus the DG3804 ICHS hands have a nice looking stack, the Frisbee GMT hand hole surround is in a stepdown to the bottom.

GMT Movements Explained

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
mrsullivan I would honestly go for an ICHS unless you really travel a lot and are willing to buy a few CHS lite... Just for economy reasons, I mean. ICHS low best movements are cheap and you can play around with them easily which is great. I’m even considering building a sterile GMT I can wear while working too (but most sterile dials look like crap, though)

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
KJ2020 Hinclimincli These explanations give sense to the fact that beyond not finding identical movement, when I'm looking around for a hands set all the offers are ICHS.

So be it, regarding the "exclusive" sourcing from TDs (an the price that goes with it) and the lack of reliability, I'll follow both your advices and go for ICHS with peace of mind.

Thank you for your amazing support!

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Ryan/InTime has a one BP 6-digit GMTii a2813 for $178. I’m trying to figure out if this is a great deal or not based on the 2813 movement. It looks to be the same as the on ones going for $240, but I might be missing something. Link:
https://www.intime05.co/rollie/1255...ii-116710-black-blue-ceramic-bezel-a2813.html
Anyone pick up one of these or have any thoughts on this one?..

That movement in the photo is most certainly not a 2813, looks like a Swiss ETA with a decorated rotor, actually. All in all very strange, is that a recent addition or a really old model?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Am I right that we can now get this with CHS DG3804?

7740c90f99fac06ee27a69a420447357.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Haven’t seen the Coke on the list, only Pepsi. But you can always swap the insert to a good aftermarket one. Just be sure the measurements are correct as BP’s bezel is not completely gen spec.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Haven’t seen the Coke on the list, only Pepsi. But you can always swap the insert to a good aftermarket one. Just be sure the measurements are correct as BP’s bezel is not completely gen spec.

Ahh I see, that’s a shame. The Pepsi would do though. Like you say can get an aftermarket insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ryan/InTime has a one BP 6-digit GMTii a2813 for $178. I’m trying to figure out if this is a great deal or not based on the 2813 movement. It looks to be the same as the on ones going for $240, but I might be missing something. Link:
https://www.intime05.co/rollie/1255-...zel-a2813.html
Anyone pick up one of these or have any thoughts on this one?..

The pics do not match the description on this one, Ryan has made a mistake.

The one pictured is a 2836 ICHS, should run around $258.

In fact, this other offering from Ryan has the exact same set of pics

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/1235-...zel-a2836.html

The one you linked at $178 would have to be an ICHS DG2813. It may or may not have an independent GMT hand, we can't know without pics. If it does, of course it would be a DG3804 but it would not be the new DG3804 CHS at that price.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Reactions: davealum

davealum

Certified
24/2/17
Left side of the USA

Oh yeah, I remember going through that thread when it was popping up earlier. Those LF explorers look pretty crummy.

Is it possible to take the movement and hands off of one of these BP CHS GMTs and stick put an Explorer II dial on it? I have an Explorer II case and bezel (I just can’t remember if it’s BP or Noob).

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Oh yeah, I remember going through that thread when it was popping up earlier. Those LF explorers look pretty crummy.

Is it possible to take the movement and hands off of one of these BP CHS GMTs and stick put an Explorer II dial on it? I have an Explorer II case and bezel (I just can’t remember if it’s BP or Noob).

The two movements have different dial feet positions so you would have to cut the ETA feet off the Explorer dial and glue on new feet in the DG foot positions. I just did the opposite recently to change a black Exp II dial from DG to ETA. It's not a big deal and something many reasonably handy people can do. After that you are just doing a dial swap so yes that should work.

Reactions: davealum