• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - Is it possible?

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19

Your answers can be found in the table I posted. ETA and DG dials and hands are not compatible. The HZ6460 is an ETA clone.

Oh ok and the movement in thE dial currently is eta or dg? Here it is: its a broken movement and it dsnt have screws to take out the dial. Any suggestions to out out the dial?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
WbhEs.jpg
WbKt3.jpg

Oh ok and the movement in thE dial currently is eta or dg? Here it is: its a broken movement and it dsnt have screws to take out the dial. Any suggestions to out out the dial?

Have a look at this tutorial and maybe some others there to gain more skill in what you are doing. There are some posts in the tech section describing different movements too.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ng-the-keyless

GMT Movements Explained

Last edited:

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
Reactions: KJ2020

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
So my Noob Explorer is dead and watchmaker says irreparable.

I have an A2836 on the way to swap in but I need to source at least an Hour and GMT hand.

I have trawled eBay and Ali but had no joy in finding a handset that will match up with the explorer 2.

Anyone of you fine people have a link or a steer in where I can find an appropriate handset?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So my Noob Explorer is dead and watchmaker says irreparable.

I have an A2836 on the way to swap in but I need to source at least an Hour and GMT hand.

I have trawled eBay and Ali but had no joy in finding a handset that will match up with the explorer 2.

Anyone of you fine people have a link or a steer in where I can find an appropriate handset?

216750 hands whether for the black or white dial version are not available anywhere aftermarket that I know of. Here are some options:

Source them from a TD - This would be difficult as the 2836 versions are pretty rare anymore and may well be out of production. It was recently reported that TD Asian 7750 has them.

Buy a cheap DHGate one and use the two hands you need off it. The GMT hand hole size on the DG2813/DG3804 is the same as the 2836 (2.0mm). The hour hand hole size on the DG is 1.52mm the ETA is 1.50mm. That's close enough, if can just be pinched a little.

Buy a DHGate one and use the DG movement and entire set of hands either with its dial or swap your dial in. Will need feet changed and maybe DWO but entirely feasible.

The 2824 CHS movement IS repairable, I've repaired several. I'll be putting up a tutorial on how to do it soon. Maybe some other forum watchmakers and hobbyists will join in doing it. I am not taking any work now. Look toward the end of this post.

Why CHS GMT movements fail

Last edited:
Reactions: Jammydodger79

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Got my Noob Pepsi back from my watchmaker last Friday with the 2836 in. Looks and runs fantastic.

Total for the work:
New movement 180$
Service 150$
New set of hands 45$
Shipping and packing 15$

Total: 390$

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks as always KJ.
i will Asian7750 a shout and see if he has any available.
I have found a seller on the bay with the Orange 2.0mm GMT but as part of a sword handset.

I've dropped a message to ask if they can supply it with a set of mercedes hands and I will update if/when they let me know.

Is yours a black or white dial? If it's black dial as a last resort it wouldn't look horrible with the Raffles GMT hand and a set of DSSD Mercedes hands. Different, but better than no watch IMO. I never liked the black root hands anyway.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
Is yours a black or white dial? If it's black dial as a last resort it wouldn't look horrible with the Raffles GMT hand and a set of DSSD Mercedes hands. Different, but better than no watch IMO. I never liked the black root hands anyway.

It's black and thanks for the options :)

Jammydodger79

15/10/18

Ordered the suggested hands, may dig out the old modelling paint to lay a coat of black on the base of the hands.

Also have a 6460 on the way to swap in.
I shall be watching plenty of YT vids and sharpening my screwdrivers to give the swap a go myself as my local WatchSmith hasn't inspired too much confidence with a different issue so I'll need to learn myself.

Have an old watch and dial to practice on for a little while before the parts come.

Fingers crossed my hands can be as steady as my brain likes to think they are.

guybythelake

13/7/14
I recently swapped a ICHS for a CHS on my Noob GMT V9. I purchased a HZ 6460 from eBay for about 100 bucks from China. HZ 6460 is available from many sources, Google it. It was a direct with for me. I even used the stem from CHS attached to the noob crown.

I purchased a 2mm hole green GMT hand from rafflestime. The hour and minute hand came from a noob sub (not 3135 clone). Any sub 2836 or 2824 hands will do.

However the seconds hand did not work due to minute hand shaft on the movement was to high for the second hand pinion to engage to the seconds shaft. So i had to order a long pinion / shaft second hand from helenarou.

The lume on the seconds hand is pretty good and does not stand out from the dial and dial lume. The GMT hand on the other hand is a little off. But not terrible.

An one last thing, when i was shopping for GMT hand i noticed some of them didnt have the green paint going all the way to the triangle of the arrow. But after research, i see the same thing on some of the gens as well.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I recently swapped a ICHS for a CHS on my Noob GMT V9. I purchased a HZ 6460 from eBay for about 100 bucks from China. HZ 6460 is available from many sources, Google it. It was a direct with for me. I even used the stem from CHS attached to the noob crown.

I purchased a 2mm hole green GMT hand from rafflestime. The hour and minute hand came from a noob sub (not 3135 clone). Any sub 2836 or 2824 hands will do.

However the seconds hand did not work due to minute hand shaft on the movement was to high for the second hand pinion to engage to the seconds shaft. So i had to order a long pinion / shaft second hand from helenarou.

The lume on the seconds hand is pretty good and does not stand out from the dial and dial lume. The GMT hand on the other hand is a little off. But not terrible.

An one last thing, when i was shopping for GMT hand i noticed some of them didnt have the green paint going all the way to the triangle of the arrow. But after research, i see the same thing on some of the gens as well.

I hope this helps.

Nice..Picts or it never happened

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Noob Pepsi changed to ICHS. GMF movement and hands provided by TD

aFWNR.jpg

aFUBL.jpg

Reactions: stufuse

NotPawnStarRick

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/20
Noob Pepsi changed to ICHS. GMF movement and hands provided by TD

I have a brand new Noob Pepsi that turned into a paperweight after only a few days. The TD I purchased it from suggested I have it repaired here in the US(apparently due to Noob’s issues handling returns).

Can anyone refer me to someone willing to tackle a repair/possible replace the movement with ICHS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Reach out to member oascom
He did a wonderful conversion for me a couple of weeks ago.

I have a brand new Noob Pepsi that turned into a paperweight after only a few days. The TD I purchased it from suggested I have it repaired here in the US(apparently due to Noob’s issues handling returns).

Can anyone refer me to someone willing to tackle a repair/possible replace the movement with ICHS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NotPawnStarRick

guybythelake

13/7/14

I hope this helps.

One more attempt uploading a pic:
20200418_1720128be9e42b689acdd9.md.jpg

Reactions: Dissemination