• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Blu_shark

Horology Curious
19/5/18
Long time lurker. Made it through all of the pages of this thread. Really awesome stuff. Definitely bookmarked a few pages along the way. Pulled the trigger on the noob. We’ll see how the dice roll on the movement, but either way it will be another chapter in the adventure. Truly glad this place exists!

Reactions: KJ2020

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Thanks. They are all beauties! I’m anxiously waiting for her to arrive. Then off to get a service and gen xtal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
Hi Bros......

Looking for Noob with broken time bomb movement....

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 SE utilizzando Tapatalk

nasar73

26/8/18
Did you get your gen?

So today after a 2 year wait I picked up my Gen Pepsi. A very happy day.
Strange walking into the AD where everyone is wearing masks and gloves. These are strange times indeed. I know it's just a watch with everything going on in the world.

I have to say the Gen is better than the rep. I've had the rep for a few weeks now and it's been fun wearing it. After receiving it, I couldn't wait for the gen. The rep is off to a new home now....

The bezel colour on the gen is hard to capture even with an iPhone Pro. The blue is more of a royal blue and the red is a maroon red with hints of purple
The weight and feel of the rep is very close to the gen.... I'd say it's the same really.
If I did not have the gen, I would say the rep is a gen unless I really studied it.
The gen dial and bezel numbers are brighter and whiter. On the rep it's off white.

I love this forum, the advice, the enthusiasm and passion from the guys here.... its a great place to learn about the watches and with the reps you get to see what you are buying before paying for the gen. I'm enjoying my Gen Pepsi and Rep Coke! The coke is a badass rep.

Rep is on the left
Gen is on the right

MEtk2.jpg
MEpp3.jpg
MElan.jpg
MEBJE.jpg
MECFs.jpg
MEdvk.jpg
MEX8D.jpg
METAY.jpg

Last edited:

Rolex_007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/17
Strange walking into the AD where everyone is wearing masks and gloves. These are strange times indeed. I know it's just a watch with everything going on in the world.
i have to say the Gen is better than the rep. I've had the rep for a few weeks now and it's been fun wearing it around the house. It's off to a new home now....
The bezel colour on the gen is hard to capture even with an iPhone Pro. The blue is more of a royal blue and the red is a maroon red with hints of purple
The weight and feel of the rep is very close to the gen.
If I did not have the gen, I would say the rep is a gen unless I really studied it.
The gen dial and bezel numbers are brighter and whiter. On the rep it's off white.

I love this forum, the advice, the enthusiasm and passion from the guys here.... its a great place to learn about the watches and with the reps you get to see what you are buying before paying for the gen.

Thank you for the comparison pics!! Oh, oh... red and blue tone of Gen is a different story... Congrats!

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09

I have to say the Gen is better than the rep. I've had the rep for a few weeks now and it's been fun wearing it. After receiving it, I couldn't wait for the gen. The rep is off to a new home now....

The weight and feel of the rep is very close to the gen.... I'd say it's the same really.

I love this forum, the advice, the enthusiasm and passion from the guys here.... its a great place to learn about the watches and with the reps you get to see what you are buying before paying for the gen. I'm enjoying my Gen Pepsi and Rep Coke! The coke is a badass rep.

Rep is on the left
Gen is on the right

MEtk2.jpg
MEpp3.jpg
MElan.jpg
MEBJE.jpg
MECFs.jpg
MEdvk.jpg
MEX8D.jpg
METAY.jpg

Looks amazing, as does the rep. Noob did a good job here. I hope you enjoy your gen! I am on "the list" for a year now, hoping to get the call one day.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17

Rep is on the left
Gen is on the right
]

What is your take on the bracelet? My gen bracelet is all beat up, thought about buying a rep bracelet to spare it some punishment, figured jubilee would be easy enough to rep.

Congrats on the gen btw! Looks like you have a MKIII insert, deep colors. Love the deep blue especially - enjoy!

Reactions: nasar73

nasar73

26/8/18
What is your take on the bracelet? My gen bracelet is all beat up, thought about buying a rep bracelet to spare it some punishment, figured jubilee would be easy enough to rep.

Congrats on the gen btw! Looks like you have a MKIII insert, deep colors. Love the deep blue especially - enjoy!

The bracelet seems ok... usual Rolex quality. It should not get that beaten so easily.
Good idea to get a rep to save it being bashed.

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
looks pretty good, Noob looks like its based on an MK1, but who will tell with three different variants now in gen bezels

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
looks pretty good, Noob looks like its based on an MK1, but who will tell with three different variants now in gen bezels

Can you tell what MK this one is rep’d from?
4a668a7a1277b21bd90f04ee37f97f12.jpg

051466fa59b726c2ba6f53adacf1ed40.jpg

Thanks!

Roli19

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/20
Germany

Rep is on the left
Gen is on the right

MEtk2.jpg
MEpp3.jpg
MElan.jpg
MEBJE.jpg
MECFs.jpg
MEdvk.jpg
MEX8D.jpg
METAY.jpg

The Blue of the rep is a bit off or is it the lighting? But both look great!

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15

I would say Noob is based on MK3 which is the darker one, MK1 is the light tones insert almost purple and pinkish red.

Reactions: nasar73

Tobel

6/7/17

Rep is on the left
Gen is on the right

great comparison thanks mate. It highly well the fact that because of the manufacturing process of the gen bezel which is one single piece of ceramic discoloured in 2 different ways, the blue has a slight shade of red (it's a little purple) and the red has a slight shade of blue (it's a little pink). The rep looks close in some lighting conditions but lacks these, as it's made of 2 halves put together