• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Will noob use same moovement as batman for the pepsi at some point?

I don‘t think so, Nob has the SA4130 developed and they don‘t share it with other factories, but you never know what will happen.

Last edited:

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
You think there will be a new LN from noob with this new case? Really fancy this but I don’t fancy modding it so intensely as I have no skill lol

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Noob seems content to continue selling the inexpensive 2824 CHS timebomb movement in every one of their new GMTs. And charging ridiculously high prices for them to boot. As long as people keep buying them they aren't going to change their product line. Why should they? It's also possible they are being blocked from using the true clone VR3185 movement in retaliation for them not sharing the SA4130 with other factories.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Noob seems content to continue selling the inexpensive 2824 CHS timebomb movement in every one of their new GMTs. And charging ridiculously high prices for them to boot. As long as people keep buying them they aren't going to change their product line. Why should they? It's also possible they are being blocked from using the true clone VR3185 movement in retaliation for them not sharing the SA4130 with other factories.

I think Noob is purposely not using the VR3185 yet. They don't want to change suppliers/machine/tooling to change movement holder. As you said, if it sells (Pepsi is a hot model), they have not motivation to change. Since they have already used the VR3135 in their watches (Got 2 Noob YMs with VR3135), they can choose or not choose to put VR3185.

Berike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/19
I don‘t think so, Nob has the SA4130 developed and they don‘t share it with other factories, but you never know what will happen.

But I'm talking about Noob, not to use for other factory. Just to NOOB Pepsi use the same NOOB Batman movement :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
But I'm talking about Noob, not to use for other factory. Just to NOOB Pepsi use the same NOOB Batman movement :)

Noob uses the exact same movement in all of it's new GMT models - the 2824 CHS timebomb. The VR3185 you see in guru's Noob Pepsi is not a Noob movement and it did not come that way.

Berike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/19
both are the same

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

But Noob v10 shows as A3186 the other A3285, I read before people complaining about the A3285 being worse than A3186, are they reliable?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
But Noob v10 shows as A3186 the other A3285, I read before people complaining about the A3285 being worse than A3186, are they reliable?

You aren't listening bro. The only thing different about any new Noob GMT movements is the fake engravings on them.

I repeat to you - All new Noob GMT movements are 2824 CHS timebombs. ALL OF THEM.

GMT Movements Explained

Why CHS GMT movements fail

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Found this on the tube from current batch.

Yikes. Looks like they're back to true blue and true brown. I know the lighting makes a huge difference, but I doubt an insert with this tone will ever look like the more truly red ones we have seen in the past year. And by the way, I recently ran into a neighbor who got a May 2020 gen (zero wait--great TD relationship I guess) and the colors were somewhere between a Mk 1 and 2. True bright red, and deep vibrant blue without a purple tinge. Seems like R fac has improved the chemistry.

Doc brown

1/11/17
Yikes. Looks like they're back to true blue and true brown. I know the lighting makes a huge difference, but I doubt an insert with this tone will ever look like the more truly red ones we have seen in the past year. And by the way, I recently ran into a neighbor who got a May 2020 gen (zero wait--great TD relationship I guess) and the colors were somewhere between a Mk 1 and 2. True bright red, and deep vibrant blue without a purple tinge. Seems like R fac has improved the chemistry.

I'll get my QC next week hopefully so we'll see. I'm more worried about the 18 transition but that's a good point, I'll look out for it.

nasar73

26/8/18

That’s reassuring to know that the bezel on the gen looks like true red. I am picking up my gen a week after next. Will be doing a comparison with the Noob.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

I doubt very much Noob has changed anything at all with their Pepsi insert bro. It's all lighting.

Different lighting

15914569665971.jpg

15863119308421.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KSwatches

hall0

Horology Curious
18/4/20
Received my new Pepsi, tejected 3 times,
this bezel looks great incl transition. Replaced the movement with ar VRF, running great. Feels like OEM after oiling the bracelet. A gen crystal will bring it one level up.

Sent from iX

May I ask you what the flaws were why you rejected it 3 times?