• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Hi, just tuning in. Just ordered this beautiful noob pepsi (my first GMT ever).

So I have some questions regarding franken/modding..

Is GMF dial really better than the noob - and why? and is it worth sourcing?
Is GMF insert better than the noob (hence the red color).
Does a B25-295-CAR-V1 fit the noob?

Gen hands, gen dw and VR3186 is ordered.

Hope some of you competent guys can help me.

Well I'm no expert, and I'm just going off the pictures here... but I've been following this thread the whole time... Noob insert is to be considered the best by the majority of people. Numeral engraving is better than GMF, and even though the red is kind of maroon, it's still a nice color, and so is the blue. GMF is a bit too bright/saturated imo.

As for the dial, GMF has more rounded markers. But I've actually been looking at VRF dial and that may be better.. was wondering about this myself if anyone else can chime in?

But yes, many people have fitted the gen crystal.

I too have actually been considering a Franken-lite like what you are suggesting :)

Reactions: KJ2020

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19

KJ2020 i have seen you write about this. But i cant find it anywhere now lol.
Want to chime in?

Doc brown

1/11/17

Page 68 "- You can see the extra large 6 and 9 dial markers a lot quicker than the 18 transition line."

Page 61 "Yes, I was going to go with GMF and buy a Noob insert, but you can't get a noob insert alone. I was going that route because it would be cheaper..trust me I am not trying to go over $1000 for a rep. Thats when I swapped over to the Noob and GMF dial, just because the markers bothered me on the Noob and I can buy the GMF dial, fat on the 12 and 18 markers, but really can't see unless you have a gen on hand. Im not too worried about the time bomb movement. I don't plan on messing too much with the hour hand when swapping time. I have a gen Batman and I never used the time zones. I've used the bezel or my iPhone to tell different time zones and simply..you forget sometimes..

Now, the VRF and ARF are out with their new movement, I can hear the angels voices in the background....!!!!!. I've contacted a couple dealers on the movements already but none can source them alone, yet. But i have a hunch that these new movements may be able to just drop on in..in fact ive seen a guy here who dropped a gen movement into a noob and he added a movement holder, don't quote me on it..

the ultimate rep Pepsi would be...

VRF base (with new movement), GMF dial (because its the only one available, mine had terrible lume applied), rep hands, Noob pepsi insert (best available right now), and gen crystal..It would be the white gold version. If you have to source the jubilee bracelet then it puts you in the noob pricing.

Or Noob watch, gen crystal..GMF dial, and look to drop in the new VRF movement."

Page 60 "Noob is the best Pepsi right now and yes..we need a good Pepsi. Current gen MK3 are very dark..so that’s not an issue. No rep will get this right including arf or vrf but it doesn’t have speed bumps. Just a terrible movement..which vrf or arf can probably be thrown in..waiting to see.

" GMF is copying the MK1 Insert Colour"

page 69 -""You need a taller gasket. Find out what height yours is and go up one level higher. If that makes the mag too strong, it can be shaved down an intermediate height. Clark's gaskets on Ebay are gen spec and should work in the Noob.

It's also possible this happened because your gen crystal is 1.8mm thick instead of the 2.0mm the Noob is. The solution is the same unless you change the crystal to a 2.0mm."

Hope some of you competent guys can help me. [/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

Gmf dial is more accurate but the lume sucks, you get used to it. Gmf insert...terrible break..you can see the white in it and it’s glued together..rubbish if you asked me. A gen crystal fits noob easily but watch out for gasket break.

vr3186 will not fit unless you have a movement holder.

I wrote tutorials on this take a look in the modification section and search for install crsytal on noob Pepsi

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/tutorials/8257256-swap-crystal-on-gmt-master-2-blro-vvvlllooo

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
6eded894993ab9932.jpg

my noob with gen crystal and gmf dial ...was going to fit a vrf in it but I had sold it

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sometimes you can get a GMF dial that has even lume plots but if using gen hands it's not going to match well

C15P2.jpg

Unfiltered day shot of GMF vs Noob insert

C1bR3.jpg

You can touch up the white line at the transitions to eliminate that issue.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ezel-paint-mod

GMF dial with OK lume plots

15889707921740.jpg

Last edited:

vibez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/19
Hi guys,

I’m planning to buy this Pepsi. I have never had a rep modded in the past - currently I own a ZZF V2 sub 2836 and its great ootb. Just had the 2836 movement swapped because of a date issue - which my dealer supplied for free! All I had to do was take it to a local watch smith willing to work on this.

If I buy this Pepsi, I’d like to get the following mods done:

1. Gen datewheel (noob Dwo seems too left aligned)
2. Gen crystal and cyclops
3. Movement 3285 serviced or swapped to VR3186 reliable movement

Do you know anyone who would be willing to do these mods in the UK and any clue on how much each of these cost?

Thanks in advance,

Vibez

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

vibez

21/11/19
Hi guys,

I’m planning to buy this Pepsi. I have never had a rep modded in the past - currently I own a ZZF V2 sub 2836 and its great ootb. Just had the 2836 movement swapped because of a date issue - which my dealer supplied for free! All I had to do was take it to a local watch smith willing to work on this.

Do you know anyone who would be willing to do these mods in the UK and any clue on how much each of these cost?

Thanks in advance,

Vibez

Sent from the RWI App

vibez

21/11/19

Thanks in advance,

Vibez

Sent from the RWI App

vibez

21/11/19

Thanks,

Vibez

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

vibez

21/11/19
I’m planning to buy this Pepsi. I have never had a rep modded in the past - currently I own a ZZF V2 sub 2836 and its great ootb. Just had the 2836 movement swapped because of a date issue - which my dealer supplied for free! All I had to do was take it to a local watch smith for the swap.

Sent from the RWI App

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,

Vibez

Sent from the RWI App

1. Dont change the DW. Just Ask the modder to «realign» the dwo. Fonts are more than good enough on Noob.
2 and 3: I guess Ado can fix all this for you :) he is in UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vibez

vibez

21/11/19
Apologies for the multiple posts - no intention of spamming. The app kept giving me errors so I thought it was due to the character limit. I logged on from the website and I see all my attempts posted.

sorry again!

vibez

21/11/19
1. Dont change the DW. Just Ask the modder to «realign» the dwo. Fonts are more than good enough on Noob.
2 and 3: I guess Ado can fix all this for you :) he is in UK

I see. Thanks I have spoken to him in the past and seems like a nice guy. I was supposed to get my movement swap done by him but then I found a local watch smith willing to do it and avoided the hassle of posting it.

I’ll check with Ado - do you know if modders are usually able to source a gen crystal / cyclop and the movement or is it best practice to source it and provide this to him?

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
I see. Thanks I have spoken to him in the past and seems like a nice guy. I was supposed to get my movement swap done by him but then I found a local watch smith willing to do it and avoided the hassle of posting it.

I’ll check with Ado - do you know if modders are usually able to source a gen crystal / cyclop and the movement or is it best practice to source it and provide this to him?

Best to source yourself.
Gen gmt xtals are B29-295-CAR-C1
Check chrono or add a wtb post here at RWI

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Hmm. Anyone care to comment if VRF dial seems nicer than GMF? It just looks a bit better to my eye. Or maybe I'm just trying to justify buying a VRF for more than just the movement lol.