• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Mullaar

Known Member
30/11/19
Noob and greedy? Compared to other current Pepsis one must admit that Noob is doing the best job. Btw TDs can make their own prices.

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Well......... Noob may be doing the best cosmetic work, but their movement is total crap. Mine is on it's way to a local watchsmith to either fix or replace the movement with one that actually works. So far, I threw $700 out the window!

Also, TD pricing is rarely set independently. Take a look as specific models on numerous TD sites and all are the same in 99% of cases. It's clear all the TD's are on the same page when it comes to pricing. In fact, undercutting pricing was what got Trusty Time removed as a TD here.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Well......... Noob may be doing the best cosmetic work, but their movement is total crap. Mine is on it's way to a local watchsmith to either fix or replace the movement with one that actually works. So far, I threw $700 out the window!

Also, TD pricing is rarely set independently. Take a look as specific models on numerous TD sites and all are the same in 99% of cases. It's clear all the TD's are on the same page when it comes to pricing. In fact, undercutting pricing was what got Trusty Time removed as a TD here.

I had no idea that's what happened to Trusty. I thought he is not a TD because he wasn't, well, trustworthy (haha), and I was wondering why so many people still buy from him despite that.

Reactions: pcghill

Mullaar

Known Member
30/11/19

Yes, but ALL 3186/3186 (with CHS) movements have the same issue with setting the independent hour hand. If you follow the instructions from a member here you will have no problem wirh this movement.

I am waiting for the new SA3186 CHS movement from ARF.

Mullaar

Known Member
30/11/19
In fact, undercutting pricing was what got Trusty Time removed as a TD here.[/QUOTE]

And some others also, and I do not understand why they are removed ad TD here. We have not a monopole pricing and its the TD who can make his own prices. I see that almost all of the TDs are offering discounts up to 10% depending of the way you pay. Or they are offering a points system. At the end of the day it seems mine levelling up the price and offering some discount. And there you have the prices from the TD which has been removed here. It is only my impression and I am not judging any TD!

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I had no idea that's what happened to Trusty. I thought he is not a TD because he wasn't, well, trustworthy (haha), and I was wondering why so many people still buy from him despite that.

No issues with trusty..have had issues with other tds here mainly communication issues, annoying but nothing big. They take days vs hours to get back with you, too busy counting their money jk.

no issues with my watch. Unfortunate yours came dead..you can swap to ichs and it’s not that expensive. saw on ARF that same thing happened to a guy...noob movement sucks balls..but just treat it like a sub...and you’re fine...for me I never use gmt time zones and I travel a lot. I have gen Batman too and I never use it..it’s like the chrono feature on the Daytona...or the helium valve on the seadweller...do you really use it...most likely on a handful of times..

all the tds are not here to be nonprofit..just remember that..prices will come down soon..depending on demand

i like my noob..still best Pepsi out there for now. Qaulity is very good.

8A28992B-CF95-4443-B194-2B7549EE9D715d515ff3302113f6.jpg

Last edited:

Mullaar

Known Member
30/11/19
i like my noob..still best Pepsi out there for now. Qaulity is very good.

8A28992B-CF95-4443-B194-2B7549EE9D715d515ff3302113f6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Same to me : ). Like my Pepsi Noob also.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

ganondorf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/15
Any modders in the US who can fix the magnification on this watch? I bought it m2m and it has a slightly weaker magnification (gen crystal with aftermarket gasket).

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
In my case, the 3186 hour hand stops at 10pm every night. I wake up in the morning, reset the hour hand (the recommended way) and it keeps perfect time until 10pm rolls around again. Sorta like Groundhog Day! :-/

Following the instructions only buys you some time with the piece, before the time-bomb goes off and it shits the bed. Noob should be ashamed to be associated with this piece of junk, especially at $700! I would hope the TD's have been pushing back on them, but that does not appear to be the case? All is does is hurt everyone's reputation. Probably because WE are dumb enough to keep ordering them! :(

Yes, but ALL 3186/3186 (with CHS) movements have the same issue with setting the independent hour hand. If you follow the instructions from a member here you will have no problem with this movement.

Reactions: RiffRalf

Mullaar

Known Member
30/11/19
In my case, the 3186 hour hand stops at 10pm every night. I wake up in the morning, reset the hour hand (the recommended way) and it keeps perfect time until 10pm rolls around again. Sorta like Groundhog Day! :-/

Following the instructions only buys you some time with the piece, before the time-bomb goes off and it shits the bed. Noob should be ashamed to be associated with this piece of junk, especially at $700! I would hope the TD's have been pushing back on them, but that does not appear to be the case? All is does is hurt everyone's reputation. Probably because WE are dumb enough to keep ordering them! :(

Puuh.....thats quite strange that the watch stops at 10pm every day. Wont say that this is a Noob-specific issue. But for this price it I quite unacceptable.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14

Some TD's offer a movement warranty Have you contacted them to find out if they will repair it?

Soriku

Horology Curious
1/11/18
Hey guys,

I have noticed that my pepsi watch doesn’t keep much power at night when not using it. I see myself adjusting the hour time every morning.

Is this a common issue that you all have to deal with? Just wondering...

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Ryan did offer to take it back to fix, but............
1. I don't trust sending my $700 watch back to China
2. If I get it back with just another 3186 movement in it, I'd just be getting another time-bomb.

Some TD's offer a movement warranty Have you contacted them to find out if they will repair it?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Hey guys,

I have noticed that my pepsi watch doesn’t keep much power at night when not using it. I see myself adjusting the hour time every morning.

Is this a common issue that you all have to deal with? Just wondering...

Is it on a winder? Probably needs to be regulated. Mine gains a little...not much.