• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
My dealer told me from the beginning these blro’s are way over priced but this is the game/hobby we are in.

As soon as I unwrapped this piece the bracelet fell apart. Dealers fault no... purely on noob.

People need to give these dealers a break. I’ve been in this game for over a decade. Things are light years from where it used to be.

e67992f530cbcb5a1de7cc13ef09f225.jpg

Agreed, same shit happened with my ARF sub.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Please do not enlarge QC pics 4-5 times and nitpick on issues*

The pics is meant to check that model is correct before we ship the package.*

This is the answer I got ??? Is this for real

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Reject the piece, it has very clear problems around the 12 on the insert! that's why the dealer is upset, he knows it's bad and will be rejected.

ramzy2001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
Reject the piece, it has very clear problems around the 12 on the insert! that's why the dealer is upset, he knows it's bad and will be rejected.
Yes I did, and asked me to wait till he check it out and update me, I thought with $700 I should expect more quality. Thank you guys for the guidance

Reactions: KJ2020

ramzy2001

24/11/19
This looks better. Despite the fact that the color insert of the 18 is ore shifted
2c530ba9fee79f09e9d0bcfd361a0ebe.jpg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
That makes good sense. Agree about the Noob case. Member mnkoshka was talking about the weld and drill approach on a 5 digit GMT. Lathe and weld skills for rep watches, who knew?

It’s definitely a shame about the stem hight issue for the noob case because it looks very good indeed. It would be a great upgrade to be able to install the new SH or VR clone in The noob. Its fixable but can be risky. Drilling the case tube out and pressing in a small dowel with a hydraulic press while using high strength bearing retaining compound can have good results, although if your interference fit isn’t good enough the dowel could work loose when tapping the new thread comprising your waterproofing :(
I prefer to manually TIG weld dowel in very quickly on lower amps then mill it to clean it up. Done it a few times successfully. Hopefully noob will just update this case soon and use the VR movement.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This looks better. Despite the fact that the color insert of the 18 is ore shifted
2c530ba9fee79f09e9d0bcfd361a0ebe.jpg

That's what I was saying about the variation in Noob's transition point. It's hard to believe they all wouldn't be nearly identical, surely they are all made in the same place.

That being said, this sample is much nicer than your previous one. You won't notice the transition point after a while.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Are we sure that there is only 1 gen transition point with no variations? Can anyone prove it eitherway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Are we sure that there is only 1 gen transition point with no variations? Can anyone prove it eitherway?

They may vary slightly but I've looked at dozens of gen pics and have never seen any red in the oval openings of the 8. That keeps the transition point to around 10 ‐ 15% into the 8.

On the other hand I've never seen a Noob WITHOUT red in the oval openings of the 8. So it's definitely an ironclad tell if you know to look for it.

Reactions: KSwatches

ramzy2001

24/11/19
That's what I was saying about the variation in Noob's transition point. It's hard to believe they all wouldn't be nearly identical, surely they are all made in the same place.

That being said, this sample is much nicer than your previous one. You won't notice the transition point after a while.
Thank you, you are right I'll proceed with this sample. This is funny there are much cheaper replica in the market. Who has the right transition point, while Noob's which double the price. And cant make it right.

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Unless you live life under a loop...you won’t be able to tell. Like kj2020 had said..after a while you wont care

I can confirm that. But anyway I was very lucky to get one which has the transition very very low..

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Yeh, I wouldn’t worry about the transition point since nobody can prove beyond any doubt, that there are no gen variations matching the reps.

Generally speaking, Some gen batches/variations are very rare and will not show up on typical limited internet searches.

Also, the red and blue blends into each other on the wrist and I personally couldn’t care where the transition point is on my noob watch as long as the overall look is consistent enough with gen

ramzy2001

24/11/19
So why Noob's is more expensive then other clones ?

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13

I would say selling on the name. I am still trying to get one of these GMTs myself and I am getting way too picky on the “18” transition (as they are varied). However, I am still waiting on iCHS conversion parts, so no hurry on the base.
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vvvlllooo

ramzy2001

24/11/19
Hi, would any of TD accept PayPal payment?
Credit cards exchange rate and fees extremely hight

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi, would any of TD accept PayPal payment?
Credit cards exchange rate and fees extremely hight

Several do after you establish a relationship with them (several purchases) and have some time on the forums (a year)

Reactions: ramzy2001