• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
20191127-093020.jpg

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
Looks really nice! I’d buy it immediately if it had a more reliable movement. Enjoy it!

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

ziggycharly

17/6/17
So I got a gen crystal installed with an aftermarket gasket and the magnification seems too weak. Any advice on where to get a better one?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So I got a gen crystal installed with an aftermarket gasket and the magnification seems too weak. Any advice on where to get a better one?

You need a taller gasket. Find out what height yours is and go up one level higher. If that makes the mag too strong, it can be shaved down an intermediate height. Clark's gaskets on Ebay are gen spec and should work in the Noob.

It's also possible this happened because your gen crystal is 1.8mm thick instead of the 2.0mm the Noob is. The solution is the same unless you change the crystal to a 2.0mm.

Last edited:

guysgr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/18
These are gen photos

Apapb.jpg

This is a different watch also from 09/2019
Ap8CY.jpg

This is another different one also from 09/2019
AprSD.jpg

Not sure about the month for this one because the seller doesn't say about it
ApBLk.jpg

However, this one is from 03/2019 which has maroon like color.
ApC3P.jpg

I believe there are only a few batches that have dark red or maroon which were sold around Feb-Mar 2019 and noob tried to copy this batch.

My friend has gen, I showed Noob photos to him and he said the color is too dark. He bought a gen on 05/2019

So from what I have been seeing, the recent batches don't have a dark tone bezel anymore. but I personally like a darker tone bezel. It looks better.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
there is no gen that has the same color as Noob

Time bandit

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/1/17
Uk
Hi Guys
my findings on owning the new noob pepsi on jubilee is not great , all the hype disappeared with single figured DW numbers left of centre hence the amount put up for sale, bezel I admit very good but colour is too dark, even on a sunny day.
Movement feels ok but tick tock time bomb,
bracelet always the biggest disappointment on most reps for me, they get stuff ok on the watch then only do a half arsed job on the steel, take the jubilee smooth up and down the bracelet , left to right sharp edges awful !
clasp just ok , looking forward to the ARF models , so thanks to all the modders and watchsmiths who tinker and franken watches that will pass for gens,
out of the box reps , well a few , we buy rep watches to pass as gens imho , touch feel, BRACELET WEIGHT, DETAIL CASE, DIAL HANDS ETC,
That's why TC watches are sort after job done
what a hobby LOL
​​​​​
​​​​​​

Reactions: vcappp

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Anyone know if any TD could source me a blro bezel insert only? The one on mine has some numerals which haven’t been filled properly. It’s eating me up inside looking at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Anyone know if any TD could source me a blro bezel insert only? The one on mine has some numerals which haven’t been filled properly. It’s eating me up inside looking at it.

Ask the TDs

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

from noob..nope

lestorfreemon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/19
no..i just use it like my sub..turn the hour hand to adjust time..you only need to do this a handful of times for daylight savings or so..

Good to know.

My next rep will probably be a Rolex GMT. I really think noob nailed this one but the movement has kept me away.

But seeing yours has me wanting to scratch that itch...