• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Patron
Certified
12/10/19
EU
interesting, whats your plan?

My plan is....to bring the best of ARF 116710LN (obviously including the new movement) and the best of this NOOB BLRO... (above all the bezel). Franken without gen parts.. or maybe I could find a gen hands set to give it a bit of shininess on the dial ... I will post my review on the Forum as soon as I can...

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
My plan is....to bring the best of ARF 116710LN (obviously including the new movement) and the best of this NOOB BLRO... (above all the bezel). Franken without gen parts.. or maybe I could find a gen hands set to give it a bit of shininess on the dial ... I will post my review on the Forum as soon as I can...

Sounds good brother

Reactions: Neo_7

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
truthfully..both wear the same. i can't tell the difference. now, wait until it gets warmer and we will see as i do find oysters do retain moisture and my wrist do balloon but..you can extend the band anyways.
I ordered a BP 16710 and was worried about the jubilee it would come with. Got an Oyster. But if I get a 126710 I definitely want it on jubilee.

Reactions: Neo_7

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I ordered a BP 16710 and was worried about the jubilee it would come with. Got an Oyster. But if I get a 126710 I definitely want it on jubilee.

6 digit jubilee bracelets are far superior to 5 digit ones, both rep and gen. Generally speaking BP/GMF jubilee bracelets are inferior to Noob and ARF. The difference is most noticeable in the smoothness or roughness of the inner links, the place where the top meets the side. BP/GMF cuts corners there by not polishing these edges, which results in a rough, sharp feeling to your fingers as you swipe laterally across the bracelet. One member even reported cutting his leg with a BP bracelet while wearing shorts.

Here's a pic of a BP President bracelet that illustrates what I'm talking about. Compare the inner link to the outer link. I ultimately just replaced it with an ARF oyster.

15218294103750.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sniffti

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Patron
Certified
12/10/19
EU
6 digit jubilee bracelets are far superior to 5 digit ones, both rep and gen. Generally speaking BP/GMF jubilee bracelets are inferior to Noob and ARF. The difference is most noticeable in the smoothness or roughness of the inner links, the place where the top meets the side. BP/GMF cuts corners there by not polishing these edges, which results in a rough, sharp feeling to your fingers as you swipe laterally across the bracelet. One member even reported cutting his leg with a BP bracelet while wearing shorts.

Here's a pic of a BP President bracelet that illustrates what I'm talking about. Compare the inner link to the outer link. I ultimately just replaced it with an ARF oyster.

This sounds great to me!

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Patron
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Sounds good brother

Yeah...definitely! This idea was tricking me since ARF announced his new movement for the classic GMT-Master now discontinued by Rolex... It has to be seen if all the parts will fit in a "nice and smooth" way... ahahahaha

grandphuba

8/4/18
I kinda feel the opposite as I actually like the current color and could be chalked up to different MKs, but the red inside the 8 was never in the gen even in the previous models.[/QUOTE

curious to see what you think the best Pepsi rep is right now?

This one, Noob. I was on the verge of getting it, despite the the unreliable movement and people claiming the red to be brown, but it's the transition that ultimately kept me from doing so.

ramzy2001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
gentelman, this my first post here, I am a new to this forum. Never had a replica before, but was desperate for a gmt pepsi. And finally made my order of ROLGMT174 - GMT II 126710 Pepsi 904L SS/SS Noob Asia 3285 CHS (ROLGMT174)
From Trusty time. Pics was very precise and. I wonder where I can post the QC pics when I get it. And have any of you ordered from their before,
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
gentelman, this my first post here, I am a new to this forum. Never had a replica before, but was desperate for a gmt pepsi. And finally made my order of ROLGMT174 - GMT II 126710 Pepsi 904L SS/SS Noob Asia 3285 CHS (ROLGMT174)
From Trusty time. Pics was very precise and. I wonder where I can post the QC pics when I get it. And have any of you ordered from their before,
Thanks

Well if you had read the whole thread you could have noticed that Trusty is not a TD here. For reasons.
Stating that, peeps still order from there.

don't post QC pics here with questions like "Is this one the best or does it suck?" but only if you have a specific concern. Otherwise the old salts will tell you off.

Good luck, you are a brave man ordering a "time bomb" movement for your first rep.
(I just ordered a Pepsi also but a 1675 BP jobbie for $188 with drilled lug holes, and an old style clinky Jubilee, for the vintage vibe, hey, for the price, what's not to love?)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Thanks

IMPORTANT!

Be sure to read the sticky section in Rolex sub forum about setting the time on that movement in order do not break it.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...a3186-movement

Last edited:
Reactions: ramzy2001

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Well if you had read the whole thread you could have noticed that Trusty is not a TD here. For reasons.
Stating that, peeps still order from there.

don't post QC pics here with questions like "Is this one the best or does it suck?" but only if you have a specific concern. Otherwise the old salts will tell you off.

Good luck, you are a brave man ordering a "time bomb" movement for your first rep.
(I just ordered a Pepsi also but a 1675 BP jobbie for $188 with drilled lug holes, and an old style clinky Jubilee, for the vintage vibe, hey, for the price, what's not to love?)

I'm pretty sure he's unaware rather than brave. To your point it's unlikely that he's read the thread and that he knows that he's purchased a time bomb of a movement.

But maybe you were just trying to say it nicely :)

Reactions: RiffRalf

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
mine finally came in ! Love it. Almost has be willing to pay grey price on a gen.

Crystal isnt actually that bad imo , Date wheel justified to the left is the main bummer.

I have a GMF dial , With that fitted is the date more centred?

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
mine finally came in ! Love it. Almost has be willing to pay grey price on a gen.

Crystal isnt actually that bad imo , Date wheel justified to the left is the main bummer.

I have a GMF dial , With that fitted is the date more centred?

Only if the dial is justified left...