• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
Just gave the green light for this one
b7b11339ebefd50893c41964bd8e9185.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Amazing piece, just one question, is there any problem with the bezel engravings in terms of color fading or falling off?

Sent from the RWI App

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Vvvlllooo that looks awesome man. Any chance you are going to mod this at all and get the bezel assembly measurements? I'm trying to figure out if the Noob 126710BLRO has the same dimensions as the gen 116710, which would mean the pepsi assembly can be used for a franken with the new VRF GMT.

Reactions: MacPhlea

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
If you have seen the gen in the flesh and not just in pictures then the red colour is an easy tell on all 3 versions that Rolex have so far produced. That said it’s a rare watch in genuine form so not many will be calling you out. Noob have done an excellent job of the other details and finish though.

Dying to get a BLRO, but was waiting to see how noob did. So much on the Noob looks great. The transition actually looks great compared to the GMF. However, not sure if there’s variations in the batches, but most noob inserts look way too dark to me. I get lighting is part of it, but just feels like I’m viewing them through dark sunglasses in anything but direct sunlight. The blue looks black, and the red looks maroon. Noticed it more on some M2M threads than this one, but I actually think the GMF colors are closer to the couple gens I’ve seen in the wild. Indoors, the gen still looks blue/red not black/maroon.

Am I crazy? Leaning GMF right now if I can get one with a nice transition.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Vvvlllooo that looks awesome man. Any chance you are going to mod this at all and get the bezel assembly measurements? I'm trying to figure out if the Noob 126710BLRO has the same dimensions as the gen 116710, which would mean the pepsi assembly can be used for a franken with the new VRF GMT.

Thank you for the compliments. im sure the bezel assembly noob will fir ARF. ARF looks more like gen though, with their assembly. I have a gen crsytal and it fits like a glove. Movement clears with gen crsytal also

Reactions: Bobi01

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Dying to get a BLRO, but was waiting to see how noob did. So much on the Noob looks great. The transition actually looks great compared to the GMF. However, not sure if there’s variations in the batches, but most noob inserts look way too dark to me. I get lighting is part of it, but just feels like I’m viewing them through dark sunglasses in anything but direct sunlight. The blue looks black, and the red looks maroon. Noticed it more on some M2M threads than this one, but I actually think the GMF colors are closer to the couple gens I’ve seen in the wild. Indoors, the gen still looks blue/red not black/maroon.

Am I crazy? Leaning GMF right now if I can get one with a nice transition.

Right now noob looks like the mk3 gen Pepsi’s that are coming out lately. Gen is looking darker and darker for Pepsi. Gmf qaulity is not as good as noob...so far noob has best Pepsi.

Reactions: Pietros

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I seriously think that people here are appreciating the Noob just because they needed a Pepsi.
Noob has:
- wrong insert colors
- blue red transition on the wrong 18
- wrong dial
- wrong glass
- dw often decentralized

GMF is like a toy :)

Waiting ARF...

Reactions: Francio and JDM180

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Noob is the best Pepsi right now and yes..we need a good Pepsi. Current gen MK3 are very dark..so that’s not an issue. No rep will get this right including arf or vrf but it doesn’t have speed bumps. Just a terrible movement..which vrf or arf can probably be thrown in..waiting to see.

Arf terrible Fat DW they can never get right (ever)..need gen crystal (don’t kid yourself) ..deep insert markings (makes you have blurring vision on something that’s clear)..and wrong CG. Only thing they have currently is the new movement (which isn’t even proven yet) and we know how the SH3135 were when they came out, the new version is just like 3135 and vrf is light years ahead.

vrf seems like it’s the way to go..less items to replace. But look at their Batman..terrible

arf and vrf...come out with a Pepsi and not another vanilla discontinued watch.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
I seriously think that people here are appreciating the Noob just because they needed a Pepsi.
Noob has:
- wrong insert colors
- blue red transition on the wrong 18
- wrong dial
- wrong glass
- dw often decentralized

GMF is like a toy :)

Waiting ARF...

I think that’s a harsh assessment-the insert colours are incredibly close to the latest gen version, the transition point is fractionally out, the dial has slightly wider 6 and 9 markers, AR coating on the cyclops is poor.
For a rep ‘out of the box’ the noob is great. Add a gen crystal & datewheel and it’s fantastic.
The hour jump spring weakness however, is indefensible since the problem has been common knowledge for so long now.

Sent from the RWI App

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Right now noob looks like the mk3 gen Pepsi’s that are coming out lately. Gen is looking darker and darker for Pepsi. Gmf qaulity is not as good as noob...so far noob has best Pepsi.
I agree looking at the Rolex forum thread that there’s a wide range of colors on the gen. Noob looks like they copied the darkest shot of the darkest gen.

Maybe I just don’t like the mk3. Really torn what to get. I think I might be happier with the GMF brighter colors and flaws than the better noob quality with such dark colors. Till something better comes out or I get a call to buy the gen.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
they are not like Noob.
9900238869a18e95268db409aea45782.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Noob is the best Pepsi right now and yes..we need a good Pepsi. Current gen MK3 are very dark..so that’s not an issue. No rep will get this right including arf or vrf but it doesn’t have speed bumps. Just a terrible movement..which vrf or arf can probably be thrown in..waiting to see.
You might have me back to going Noob. Wish Noob would put out an Mk1. Is the GMF more 1 or 2 maybe?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
You might have me back to going Noob. Wish Noob would put out an Mk1. Is the GMF more 1 or 2 maybe?

Do what you think is right for you. I’m sure it’s pretty hard to put out that insert...so hard even Rolex can’t even get it right for the last three versions. Until someone can get it right..noob has the best version.

gmf glues there insert together and you can clearly see the line...that is totally wrong and easily can be called out

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Do what you think is right for you. I’m sure it’s pretty hard to put out that insert...so hard even Rolex can’t even get it right for the last three versions. Until someone can get it right..noob has the best version.

gmf glues there insert together and you can clearly see the line...that is totally wrong and easily can be called out

The transition line is unacceptable. Was planning to reject any GMF where it wasn’t perfect. Seen some good examples. What is noob doing if not gluing two pieces together? They can make a two color ceramic insert?

Are you worried about noob’s movement? I’d prefer incorrect hand stack for reliability, so wish that was an option with noob.

How’s the jubilee? I’m more into oyster but will get jubilee since it’s model correct and I have plenty of oyster already.