• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
Hey guys,

I'm planning to mash the movement from the VRF 3186 into the BLRO to have the best of both world's. However, I've come to the realisation that the hands are definitely different size. My question is that are the GMT hands the same size? As in the holes where the hands mount onto the pinion (if that's what it's called)

Would save a lot of time and money if the GMT hand is the same size. :/

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Not heard anything on my GMF dial yet , Shame about the lume is it that noticable in person ? Iv seen a lot of shitty gen lume so not a massive worry but still...

Are there any other makers with this GMT dial ?

Not noticeable unless you wear a loop around. Just kind of disappointed. Looks very good on the hand

Reactions: JDM180

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Hey guys,

I'm planning to mash the movement from the VRF 3186 into the BLRO to have the best of both world's. However, I've come to the realisation that the hands are definitely different size. My question is that are the GMT hands the same size? As in the holes where the hands mount onto the pinion (if that's what it's called)

Would save a lot of time and money if the GMT hand is the same size. :/

No one knows the new movement yet...to hands, dial, etc to see if it boots onto the movement....should make sure the movement is reliable first, then see if it fits the noob case, will wait in see.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
No one knows the new movement yet...to hands, dial, etc to see if it boots onto the movement....should make sure the movement is reliable first, then see if it fits the noob case, will wait in see.

I'm in position that I can I get both of them by Monday or Tuesday next week. QC already done but just deciding on which to get first. I really want to try the VRF for the movement but BLRO for the damn looks.

Anybody getting their VRFs soon enough to know these dimensions?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I'm in position that I can I get both of them by Monday or Tuesday next week. QC already done but just deciding on which to get first. I really want to try the VRF for the movement but BLRO for the damn looks.

Anybody getting their VRFs soon enough to know these dimensions?

Get both brother and try

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
What other makers do a BLRO, Maybe another dial option than GMF ?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
What other makers do a BLRO, Maybe another dial option than GMF ?
I think there was only 3 makers...both by GMF, metal painted insert and the current glued together ceramic one..and finally the noob.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
I think there was only 3 makers...both by GMF, metal painted insert and the current glued together ceramic one..and finally the noob.

Oh well , Still I'm the same as you where my eyes drawn to noobs wide markers so will change it out anyway. Still some more pics of yours up with a wrist shot :)

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Oh well , Still I'm the same as you where my eyes drawn to noobs wide markers so will change it out anyway. Still some more pics of yours up with a wrist shot :)

Here you go. I’m still happy with it. I’m only budgeting $1000 for this build and so I am happy with the result. I may do lume later but in the wrist you can’t tell.

A46C5534-15DD-4EFC-99BF-DA50D4C385624121aa9b5d4aaa84.jpg

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
despite dial and whatever ....I think that the position of the color change line from red to blue at 18 is a tell....it's completely wrong....

For me this is very easy to spot the watch as fake, even at wrist distance

Reactions: Francio and JDM180

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
despite dial and whatever ....I think that the position of the color change line from red to blue at 18 is a tell....it's completely wrong....

lets play a game, gen or not gen? can you tell? it's getting harder and harder for me..

763BA33D-AC48-4480-AEC7-40125B2341D6ad9b7acb45851176.jpg

Last edited:

1675Fanboy

3/9/15

Yep, that's what I thought until I got one on my wrist and you can't tell. You need to have it within a 3-4" of your eyes in very good light to stand a chance of seeing it. Nobody is going to call it out in passing or in a meeting and then they would have to really know the gen model to call you out!!

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
If you have seen the gen in the flesh and not just in pictures then the red colour is an easy tell on all 3 versions that Rolex have so far produced. That said it’s a rare watch in genuine form so not many will be calling you out. Noob have done an excellent job of the other details and finish though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020