• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
DAMN $110 for a dial is highway robbery! He must figure it's going in an expensive watch, so it will be right at home, lol. Rep dials should be ~$35.

These days, You can't get a rep dial with 35$.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
i see gen bezels are going for 2-300 on ebay, could you just swap the gen one into this one? fixes the color issue and the font issue..

You're looking at aluminium bezels at that price, not ceramic

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
These days, You can't get a rep dial with 35$.

I was just shown QC on a rep dial from Ryan for $35. It's also been Toro's standard price (for regular customers). I always order parts with a watch order, that helps I'm sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: d3xophen

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
The noob dial is very good. If you looked at my video, the print and font is very similar to gen, only problems are the 6 and 9 markers. They are very wide. It’s minimal but for me I can tell, markers are usually my tell if a watch is fake or gen.

BP could fit if it’s made for 2824

thanks. I see what you mean from the pictures and video. I was thinking more on the dial print (I have always liked the way BP handles the dial printing) vs. the markers. I think the BP is made for the 2824, so I will see if I can snag one and get some close up photos for differences. GMF hands look better than noob as well, especially the hour hand.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I was just shown QC on a rep dial from Ryan for $35. It's also been Toro's standard price (for regular customers). I always order parts with a watch order, that helps I'm sure.

dang hook a brother up! some of those guys can't get the exact rep dial is what ive found in the past.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
thanks. I see what you mean from the pictures and video. I was thinking more on the dial print (I have always liked the way BP handles the dial printing) vs. the markers. I think the BP is made for the 2824, so I will see if I can snag one and get some close up photos for differences. GMF hands look better than noob as well, especially the hour hand.

BP makes a good dial. For hands, I do like the GMF better but both will still lose out to the ARF hands, that 3d effect, can't really replicate it. Also if you look at the GMF hands, the mercedez base is thick...like thunder thigh thick..and so it would be a no for me. you also can't replicate that white gold look to them and so it's something that I wouldn't waste money on as its not too much of an upgrade. Once I get the GMF dial I will compare it in macro shots.

Last edited:

Midnightx

17/3/17
BP makes a good dial. For hands, I do like the GMF better but both will still lose out to the ARF hands, that 3d effect, can't really replicate it. Also if you look at the GMF hands, the mercedez base is thick...like thunder thigh thick..and so it would be a no for me. you also can't replicate that white gold look to them and so it's something that I wouldn't waste money on as its not too much of an upgrade. Once I get the GMF dial I will compare it in macro shots.

it's pretty funny saying you can't replicate the ARF hands when the ARF hands are replicating :hypno:

Reactions: Dissemination

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
dang hook a brother up! some of those guys can't get the exact rep dial is what ive found in the past.

Haha yeah I saw a post where a guy got a Pro Hunter DSSD dial (NOT funny!) I've had very good luck with Ryan and Toro, worst that happened to me was I had to order a no date Sub dial twice because the first one had a date window. But who can't use another good Sub dial right? It didn't sit idle long!

20190913-233443.jpg

Reactions: leo6929

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
All factory 2824 / 2836 hands are interchangeable. BUT, be aware that CHS vs ICHS matters.

Hand hole sizes in mm H/M/S (GMT)

ICHS 1.5/0.9/.25 (2.0)
CHS 2.0/0.9/.25 (1.5)

So, you can see the hour and GMT hands hole sizes are swapped to allow for the hand positions to be swapped.

Dials on the other hand are fully interchangeable 2824 or 2836, regardless if CHS or ICHS.

Last edited:

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Have we actually heard anything about possible problems with the Movement or has the reliability been improved? That's the only reason I'm hesitant to order at the moment

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Have we actually heard anything about possible problems with the Movement or has the reliability been improved? That's the only reason I'm hesitant to order at the moment
It's still a timebomb

1675Fanboy

3/9/15

Take a look through the the thread. It’s a mixed bag of most that are holding up (so far) and a few crapping out very quickly. Movement is still the same as previous so has the fragile spring on the jumping hour hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Does anyone know how well these movements can be regulated?
I’m running around +25 seconds per day-what is everyone else averaging?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
With the CHS movement failures quite common due to jumping hour spring, could someone please tell me what the usability of the watch is after failure? Is the GMT hand still moving in sync with the movement? with regards to the failure is it that the spring breaks or just becomes dislodged from correct position?(i.e. will the spring potentially be troublesome lose in the movement) I think like most members that have large collections its not really viable to give box space unless its still usable after failure, unless you have time and desire to mess with it. Thanks in advance.

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13

Thanks. I think I will get the BP dial and go on a search for ARF GMT iCHS hands (what the heck, treasure hunt!).

Reactions: leo6929

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
My Noob CHS Batman with the same movement is approx +1-2 min per day.

Wow-if I can find someone in the UK to fit my gen crystal, I'll get regulation done at the same time, hopefully we can get these movements to +/- 10 seconds per day.
What is everyone else getting?