• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I would say with confidence with a gen ar crystal installed it would be very difficult to get called out on this one!
I will drop a g-note and post pics of the finished product.
this thread convinced me that the “gen” insert colors vary also...
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=698687

Very interesting read bro thanks. Saw a few pics of rehaut crowns not centered. Shame shame...

This pic is dead on so it's not a photo angle issue. This must be what the factories are trying to copy, hehe.

xk1b.jpg

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Hmm. From what I've seen in threads, the watch :looks: good. The bezel colors look good but they do vary from the gen colors. Thus color is probably closer to what Rolex colors should be as opposed to what they are. Rolex's colors look *harder* and not quite as crisp which is the opposite problem we're used to with let's say the hulk.

I can understand a preference for the oyster as I had it myself when the 126710 BLRO first came out but seeing a gen quickly converted me.

This was a perfect example of seeing a watch and not liking it at all, only to see and wear it in person and have a complelty different reaction to it in real life. I wasn't a fan until I tried it on and then I loved it. Jubilee and all.

Now the oyster just... Or I should say the jubilee is just a defining quality of the SS GMTs (in the 126xxx line) and a feature that I now embrace. I like the way Rolex differentiates SS from WG with the bracelet.

One quirk I do have is the transition points. They're still off. Although I'm glad it is higher up on the 8 as opposed to lower or below the 8 but it's still just too much of a glaring tell for 700 imo. But the insert color is getting better. The transitions are getting better. And it's nice to see the CHs.

Good post. Great posts. From everyone.

I'd love to see some macro shots on the rehaut and maybe a lume shot or two as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here is BLRO MK1 MK2 MK3

Good news bezel markers are whiter and bolder on the MK3 like NOOB.

26d00ad30e38726095197876f625ad04.jpg

As was mentioned in that TRF post, I doubt this is an 'MK3' - more like a batch variation. But who knows, what we may be seeing is gradual progression toward a final version that Rolex is happy with.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
As was mentioned in that TRF post, I doubt this is an 'MK3' - more like a batch variation. But who knows, what we may be seeing is gradual progression toward a final version that Rolex is happy with.

exactly..based on what's out there..Noob has the best insert so far..anyone here know of any dealers that can source the NOOB insert???

Last edited:

m5smg2

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
And this is the gen Noob used to match the colors. Same angle, same lighting. Pretty close in this pic. It’s definitely MK 2 or 3.

99c986cff1bf8bc12e1fd0dde6eb860a.jpg

Hazing

9/5/19
Here is BLRO MK1 MK2 MK3

Good news bezel markers are whiter and bolder on the MK3 like NOOB.

26d00ad30e38726095197876f625ad04.jpg

The one on the far left is the color I’m used to on a blro. Which is too bad because it’s the worst example of color out of the three. It’s probably one of the worst examples of color Rolex has produced in recent years.

Hidenjoy
what do we have there? Where’s that pic from? Just curious. Who’s hoarding Pepsi's? Or is it Pepsies (pronounced “pep-sigh”) Any idea which years those are?

m5smg2

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
The gen Noob used to match the colors. Same angle, same lighting. Pretty close in this pic. It’s definitely MK 2 or 3.

f50dd6b45d35d0d312a20e61a0487e26.png

Reactions: mir36 and Itto

Hazing

9/5/19
Damnit. This is a good thread that is convincing me that this is an impressive effort by noob - in style, functionality, detail. I was really trying to hate this watch.. or at least - just plain ol’ not like it. Especially for 7 bills. But the more and more I read, discover, and learn, the more I realize I want one and any complaint I have is really just a bias of trying to convince myself to not like it.

I have watches i absolutly love with more much more glaring flaws than any one on this watch.

Reactions: Itto

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Damnit. This is a good thread that is convincing me that this is an impressive effort by noob - in style, functionality, detail. I was really trying to hate this watch.. or at least - just plain ol’ not like it. Especially for 7 bills. But the more and more I read, discover, and learn, the more I realize I want one and any complaint I have is really just a bias of trying to convince myself to not like it.

I have watches i absolutly love with more much more glaring flaws than any one on this watch.

Replica price is just ridiculous. Too expensive.

Same price as Daytona chrono.

Fuc... factories are pulling my finger.

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
The one on the far left is the color I’m used to on a blro. Which is too bad because it’s the worst example of color out of the three. It’s probably one of the worst examples of color Rolex has produced in recent years.

Hidenjoy
what do we have there? Where’s that pic from? Just curious. Who’s hoarding Pepsi's? Or is it Pepsies (pronounced “pep-sigh”) Any idea which years those are?

It is a pics from a TRF thread. A Rolex AD took a pics with 2 customers and the last bactch he received (the MK3 dark one).

The first batch mk1 took the Bezel from the gold one. This is why it’s pinky.

For me noob has tried to make replica from mk2 gen. But the noob markers look like MK3 and the red is brownish.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It is a pics from a TRF thread. A Rolex AD took a pics with 2 customers and the last bactch he received (the MK3 dark one).

The first batch mk1 took the Bezel from the gold one. This is why it’s pinky.

For me noob has tried to make replica from mk2 gen. But the noob markers look like MK3 and the red is brownish.

Reds and browns are quite variable in appearance under different lighting conditions and often do not reflect accurately in digital pics. Plus we are all looking at these on different screens on different types of devices. And people see colors differently, especially between men and women - I never knew how differently until recently and never knew that before, but it's true. I don't see any brown on the Noob in this pic on my screen, I see dark maroon.

f50dd6b45d35d0d312a20e61a0487e26.png

This is brown

cdKQ.jpg

SKnight

8/7/19
Reds and browns are quite variable in appearance under different lighting conditions and often do not reflect accurately in digital pics. Plus we are all looking at these on different screens on different types of devices. And people see colors differently, especially between men and women - I never knew how differently until recently and never knew that before, but it's true. I don't see any brown on the Noob in this pic on my screen, I see dark maroon.

I second that.

Cant wait for the Noob GMT Root beer!! Anybody have news on that. Apologies in advance I know this is pepsi thread, but i couldnt help myself at @jk2020 last image. :)

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
I am in the interior design industry and it is a FACT that a picture will NEVER produce a accurate color compared to real life , you MUST see the actual color of ANYTHING in your hand
NEVER in pictures or on a computer screen, and to compare pictures of 2 different watched taken not at the same time for color accuracy? is simple a big waste of time!, only if the 2 watches are side by side in the SAME picture one can compare the color of one watch to the other watch ,but can never give us a TRUE idea of color

nunada

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/19
EU
Boy I'm impressed. Noob seems to really have stepped up the game with the bezel this time.

​​​​I really wish we would be lucky enough to get a side by side with a gen though.