NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC109 View Post

Yikes. Looks like they're back to true blue and true brown. I know the lighting makes a huge difference, but I doubt an insert with this tone will ever look like the more truly red ones we have seen in the past year. And by the way, I recently ran into a neighbor who got a May 2020 gen (zero wait--great TD relationship I guess) and the colors were somewhere between a Mk 1 and 2. True bright red, and deep vibrant blue without a purple tinge. Seems like R fac has improved the chemistry.
    I doubt very much Noob has changed anything at all with their Pepsi insert bro. It's all lighting.

Different lighting

Last edited by KJ2020; 06-06-20, 15:24.
    We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
    GMT Movements Explained
    BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
    Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
    The Fantasy Watch Thread
    Noob GMT's poor bezel design
    Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
      Received my new Pepsi, tejected 3 times,
      this bezel looks great incl transition. Replaced the movement with ar VRF, running great. Feels like OEM after oiling the bracelet. A gen crystal will bring it one level up.

Sent from iX
      May I ask you what the flaws were why you rejected it 3 times?

Comment

Page 99 of this thread. 18 transition.

Comment

Originally posted by hall0 View Post

May I ask you what the flaws were why you rejected it 3 times?
          this

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

this

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
            It’s not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Divers,Chronos and Coffee

Comment

Long time lurker. Made it through all of the pages of this thread. Really awesome stuff. Definitely bookmarked a few pages along the way. Pulled the trigger on the noob. We’ll see how the dice roll on the movement, but either way it will be another chapter in the adventure. Truly glad this place exists!

Comment

Originally posted by macarone View Post

It’s not bad.

Yours isn't bad either bro
                GMT Movements Explained
                The Fantasy Watch Thread
                Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

Yours isn't bad either bro
                  The one I sold?

Comment

Originally posted by macarone View Post

The one I sold?

No I was referring to the best one ever made that you just bought.
                    GMT Movements Explained
                    The Fantasy Watch Thread
                    Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

No I was referring to the best one ever made that you just bought.
                      You are going to make me regret selling it haha

Comment

Thanks. They are all beauties! I’m anxiously waiting for her to arrive. Then off to get a service and gen xtal!

Comment

Originally posted by nasar73 View Post

That’s reassuring to know that the bezel on the gen looks like true red. I am picking up my gen a week after next. Will be doing a comparison with the Noob.
                          Did you get your gen?

Comment

Hi Bros......

Looking for Noob with broken time bomb movement....

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 SE utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tommikeson View Post
                              Did you get your gen?
                              So today after a 2 year wait I picked up my Gen Pepsi. A very happy day.
                              Strange walking into the AD where everyone is wearing masks and gloves. These are strange times indeed. I know it's just a watch with everything going on in the world.

I have to say the Gen is better than the rep. I've had the rep for a few weeks now and it's been fun wearing it. After receiving it, I couldn't wait for the gen. The rep is off to a new home now....

The bezel colour on the gen is hard to capture even with an iPhone Pro. The blue is more of a royal blue and the red is a maroon red with hints of purple
                              The weight and feel of the rep is very close to the gen.... I'd say it's the same really.
                              If I did not have the gen, I would say the rep is a gen unless I really studied it.
                              The gen dial and bezel numbers are brighter and whiter. On the rep it's off white.

I love this forum, the advice, the enthusiasm and passion from the guys here.... its a great place to learn about the watches and with the reps you get to see what you are buying before paying for the gen. I'm enjoying my Gen Pepsi and Rep Coke! The coke is a badass rep.

Rep is on the left
                              Gen is on the right

Last edited by nasar73; 15-06-20, 22:01.

Comment

[QUOTE=nasar73;n8996113]

So today after a 2 year wait I picked up my Gen Pepsi. A very happy day.
                                Strange walking into the AD where everyone is wearing masks and gloves. These are strange times indeed. I know it's just a watch with everything going on in the world.
                                i have to say the Gen is better than the rep. I've had the rep for a few weeks now and it's been fun wearing it around the house. It's off to a new home now....
                                The bezel colour on the gen is hard to capture even with an iPhone Pro. The blue is more of a royal blue and the red is a maroon red with hints of purple
                                The weight and feel of the rep is very close to the gen.
                                If I did not have the gen, I would say the rep is a gen unless I really studied it.
                                The gen dial and bezel numbers are brighter and whiter. On the rep it's off white.

I love this forum, the advice, the enthusiasm and passion from the guys here.... its a great place to learn about the watches and with the reps you get to see what you are buying before paying for the gen.

Thank you for the comparison pics!! Oh, oh... red and blue tone of Gen is a different story... Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X