• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona movement reliability

Tr0cadero

Horology Curious
29/11/16
So I currently have two watches in my rolex collection and was looking to purchase a third one. I have always had a soft spot for the Daytona, so I figured that would be the next one in my collection.

I am not sure which one to get though. I would want to get the Noob one, for the movement thickness which makes this one the closest to Gen. This compared to the other ones which have the thicker 7750 clone movements.

The problem however with not having the 7750 movement is that it will be very hard to repair the watch. There are no extra 4130 clone movements for sale and the only rep watchsmith in Europe is Domi which have very long wait times. For my other reps they have ETA clone movements so I can just buy a new movement if one of them brakes.

So I am wondering if you guys could share the experiences you have had with your noob daytonas. How is the movement holding up? Is it a solid one that will last for a while?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Why not consider the ARF too? It's been thinned down by removing the Chrono function. The Chrono will start and stop, buy just the second hands. The minute hand won't increment.

Akuwes710

27/9/15
So I currently have two watches in my rolex collection and was looking to purchase a third one. I have always had a soft spot for the Daytona, so I figured that would be the next one in my collection.

I am not sure which one to get though. I would want to get the Noob one, for the movement thickness which makes this one the closest to Gen. This compared to the other ones which have the thicker 7750 clone movements.

The problem however with not having the 7750 movement is that it will be very hard to repair the watch. There are no extra 4130 clone movements for sale and the only rep watchsmith in Europe is Domi which have very long wait times. For my other reps they have ETA clone movements so I can just buy a new movement if one of them brakes.

So I am wondering if you guys could share the experiences you have had with your noob daytonas. How is the movement holding up? Is it a solid one that will last for a while?
4130 clones are generally very reliable, of course theres always bad apple here n there. Ive been very happy with mine. Feeling of rolex 4130 engineering, even though replica, is definitely better than even a gen 7750 based movements

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk