• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB sd4k 116600 V8 vs V2 (NWBIG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hung123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/8/19
I'm very close to buying the A2824 version of the NOOB 116600.

Here's the problem - the V2 that is acknowledged as NWBIG is no longer available. I've read that the V7 has the endlinks wrong (recessed or flush with the case and not protruding from the case like gen). Also, the gen has a matte dial and is not glossy.

Does anybody have the most recent V8 version of the NOOB 116600 and is it like the V2 that's on the NWBIG super rep list?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I know that trustytime who’s not a TD here is selling a noob v2 and it looks like it has correct SELS. And it’s discounted 40% off atm. Not sure why. Yeah unfortunately the semi gloss dial is hard to replicate. The gen has a semi gloss/glossy finish but looks matte on certain angles because of the way it’s applied

Reactions: hung123

hung123

Banned
13/8/19
thanks for letting me know! I just purchased from Andrew hopefully these V2s aren't factory rejects

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
I ordered 2 from trusty, and a friend of mine received 1.....seems to be a very good deal, V2 are fantastic.....when i will receive them ì, i will posto some pics.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I know that trustytime who’s not a TD here is selling a noob v2 and it looks like it has correct SELS. And it’s discounted 40% off atm. Not sure why. Yeah unfortunately the semi gloss dial is hard to replicate. The gen has a semi gloss/glossy finish but looks matte on certain angles because of the way it’s applied

There is a gen gloss dial variation as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I'm very close to buying the A2824 version of the NOOB 116600.

Here's the problem - the V2 that is acknowledged as NWBIG is no longer available.

The fit and finish of the V2 is certainly not 'NWBIG'.
The cut of the insert is rough, numbers are the wrong colour, and have a cross-hatched texture.
It's good, but it's not that good. Don't think you can go ballin on Instagram and facebook with one.

IMG-1855.jpg

LRMC2kJ

Reactions: wisedennis

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
The cut of the insert is rough, numbers are the wrong colour, and have a cross-hatched texture.
It's good, but it's not that good. Don't think you can go ballin on Instagram and facebook with one.

IMG-1855.jpg

LRMC2kJ

Definitely right there mate... I got spongebob mod on my v2 insert and it came out pretty good. It’s a must imo. The dial isn’t that close to either but I heard the sa3135 version had a matte dial, I could be wrong

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
There is a gen gloss dial variation as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really! I I’m actually interested. I owned a gen mk1 And mk2 at different times over the last few years and they both had a satin dial. They looked matte on certain angles in sunlight but they definitely weren’t full gloss black but more chocolate. I heard rumours of gloss dial version just never been able to find one

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I ordered 2 from trusty, and a friend of mine received 1.....seems to be a very good deal, V2 are fantastic.....when i will receive them ì, i will posto some pics.

I’m keen to grab one could you send or post me a QC pic of what it looks like? Keen to see what’s actually being sent out.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

IMG-1855.jpg

LRMC2kJ

I don't disagree with what you are saying in this case . However are there any watches you actually think are NWBIG as you always seem to pop up on threads like Marley"s ghost when anybody mentions NWBIG . Always with a list of flaws ( sometimes ones that other people can't/ don't see ) arguing that it's shouldn't be on the NWBIG list . Just an observation I have made when reading the forum .

Reactions: Itto and hung123

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
I note only now (too late ;-) index @6 seems to be not well aligned......but could be a prospective effect....boh! I can survive with this issue...!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I don't disagree with what you are saying in this case . However are there any watches you actually think are NWBIG as you always seem to pop up on threads like Marley"s ghost when anybody mentions NWBIG . Always with a list of flaws ( sometimes ones that other people can't/ don't see ) arguing that it's shouldn't be on the NWBIG list . Just an observation I have made when reading the forum .

Well you said you agree with me for a start - where do you disagree? Yesterday I said the nwbig status of an Audemars Piguet ROO was not an accurate depiction of fact - and I maintain that. I don’t recall myself doing any serial listing of flaws of nwbig reps - enlighten me?

hung123

Banned
13/8/19
muiramas you seem to be in the minority on your negative opinions of this watch. It's on the NWBIG list and gen owners on both this forum and others have praised its similarity to the gen.

Here's the review that stood out the most to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
muiramas you seem to be in the minority on your negative opinions of this watch. It's on the NWBIG list and gen owners on both this forum and others have praised its similarity to the gen.

Here's the review that stood out the most to me:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...73-gen-sd4k-116600-vs-noob-116600-v2-a3135-uk

If you cant see the difference, then great - but that doesn't mean the difference is not there.

Don't get me wrong - it's a great rep, especially at that price, but a $238 rep from Trusty Time isn't going to be a dead ringer for an $8,000 gen.

hung123

Banned
13/8/19
dharma this is from Trusty? The gaps in the SELs especially in the 2nd picture would have been an RL for me

hung123

Banned
13/8/19
I’m keen to grab one could you send or post me a QC pic of what it looks like? Keen to see what’s actually being sent out.

MGaGrIg.jpg

1hsUyGH.jpg

Here are my QC pics. Does the 6 marker on mine look off, top tilted to the left of the dial? There is also either a spec of missing paint or dirt on the 15 bezel marker, I've asked Andrew about this.

Most concerning to me are the gaps between the endlinks and lugs but it doesn't seem as bad as the previous QC pics posted in this thread.

EDIT: Imgur links not showing up so here's the album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

Last edited:

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I think the 6 marker is perfectly fine, 15 is probably just dirt and the sel gap is acceptable imho - nothing you will notice whilst wearing it. Enjoy the watch, i'm also getting one :)

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
This is an awesome deal! Thanks to OP for posting this closeout special. I ordered one today from Li at JTime. Same price!

hung123

Banned
13/8/19
I think the 6 marker is perfectly fine, 15 is probably just dirt and the sel gap is acceptable imho - nothing you will notice whilst wearing it. Enjoy the watch, i'm also getting one :)

I injected the watch. The pearl isn't centered, the 11 marker is off and skewed towards the 54 hash, datewheel numerals lean towards the left. Not a good example, hopefully the next one is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.