• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

'GMF' 116900 Air King?

HR96

Horology Curious
9/9/19
Hi all!

​​​​​​Having browsed a few existing topics and not coming up with the answers, I was hoping someone has some info on the 'GMF' (Thanks Oris!) Rolex Air King 116900 that was listed on TSwatch fairly recently. I was previously leaning towards the BP due to the slight issues on the JF dial, but I was wondering before I go aged, if anyone has any insight/experience with the GMF?

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/pro...Keyword=116900

It is slighty more expensive, however I was hoping there's a justifaction for this that would make it worthwhile over the others.

I already have a very cheap (~50GBP) Chinese rep of this watch that isn't all that bad, however I'd like to step it up to a slightly nicer model now.

Thanks in advance.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Seems that it's the only one in 904L, probably explains the higher price. Doesn't make it necessarily better though

Reactions: lambo79

HR96

Horology Curious
9/9/19
Seems that it's the only one in 904L, probably explains the higher price. Doesn't make it necessarily better though

Thanks, that one hell of an oversight by myself.

It honestly seems online that nobody has reviewed the GM factory 116900, however the images in the link above do seem to show a very good replica. None of the issues that the JF dial has, however, obviously, I cannot determine the bracelet quality through the images.
​​​​​​
A rough translation also seems to show GMF slating Rolex on the quality of the caseback engraving, which is hilarious to me.

May be a case of taking the plunge myself and reporting back, but I'll keep digging!

Reactions: lambo79