• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to remove and replace a Ceramic Daytona bezel.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Yes 9 times out of 10 it's coming off with the bezel whether you like it or not. I have removed noob bezels that are quite a loose fit. You can keep your thumb on the crystal and pull the bezel off.

I just bought the CF bezel and a press, and I would be more comfortable if I didn’t have to mess with the crystal, so I’ll definitely try that technique. Thanks Red

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Yes 9 times out of 10 it's coming off with the bezel whether you like it or not. I have removed noob bezels that are quite a loose fit. You can keep your thumb on the crystal and pull the bezel off.

Can you check pm mate. tnx in advance

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Next, put a very fine layer of silicon around the inside of the bezel, you don't want to see any lumps of grease, just enough so you can see a shimmer

red1 Hi red, would w40 be good here, i don't think i have silicon at the house. (Other then my wifes boobs :) )

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
WD-40 should not be used anywhere near a watch (except on a bracelet). You can buy a tube of silicone grease at Lowe's or hardware store for under $5 that will last for years

Rockinmakicks

Known Member
17/6/19
if i can save one snapped bezel it's worth it haha

Amazing tutorial mate, tho will still have to buy all these equipment and still not sure if I will be able to do it right.

red1 you think I can send you my Noob Daytona to replace the bezel with the clean factory one? I would pay for your time and hassle of course.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Just received and installed my CF Bezel on my v.2.2 Noob, using this guide. Using a stanley blade and a 10$ press from amazon. Guys this is really easy, bezel came of with a bit of force (Use gloves so you don't cut yourself) and the CF bezel popped right on with the press without grease.

Here is a link to the press i bought: https://www.amazon.com.mx/SE-JT1229-...dp/B005AJ5DZI/

Last edited:

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Just received and installed my CF Bezel on my v.2.2 Noob, using this guide. Using a stanley blade and a 10$ press from amazon. Guys this is really easy, bezel came of with a bit of force (Use gloves so you don't cut yourself) and the CF bezel popped right on with the press without greaseZI/[/URL]

Good job

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
You might never need to use it again but just be careful with those dies when screwing them on as the thread is not metal.

Reactions: KJ2020

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I hope you don't mind me adding this here, but I've quoted some useful posts from slaughterer about thinning the gasket that were buried deep in the Noob vs ARF daytona thread

You can of course use the replica crystal gasket. To thin it, you can work it across a 240 grain piece of paper with a crystal installed on it. Make sure to get it equal width on all sides. You start with 2.5mm gasket, but thinning further than 2.3/2.25mm is not really necessary unless you machine down the rehaut and are ready to lower the handstack. It also pays off to smooth the outer portions of the gasket to allow the ceramic tachymeter to slip over it without too much force, and to inspect the gasket for any remaining splinters at bottom to be removed.
VwZU8.md.jpg

I did not notice the need for lowering the handstack, as the chrono second hand was below the top of the unmodified rehaut. The sides of these replica Daytona hands are pretty poorly finished, BTW:
Vw643.md.jpg

Here you see the thinned gasket slightly elevated above the mid-case. No further thinning is necessary. The gasket will of course compress further towards the mid-case when the tachymeter is pressed over it, but unless one machines the rehaut thinner, there is a limit to how much one can really thin the overall width of the watch with this modification.
VwbK2.md.jpg

Final positioning. I left a little vertical portion of the crystal peak out over the tachymeter. Gasket is hidden from outside view. Final thickness is something like 12.52mm. The watch initially measured 12.86mm.
VwyYd.md.jpg

The ceramic bezel seems at most risk when reseating the cer bezel back on the watch: if the gasket is too wide, it can crack the ceramic bezel. ARF Daytonas are more prone to this than Noob ones. When reinstalling the cer bezel it is good to see first if it can be positioned about half way down with modest force before pushing it into final position. If the bezel seems to be a tight fit, then the gasket needs to be thinned crosswise a bit.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thanks you. I always want to know this. Removing SS bezel can be done like this too?

Yes - after I cracked the Noob ceramic bezel trying to get it properly seated, I replaced it with a SS bezel, and the process is the same (and less liable to end in tears...).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020 and d3xophen

alvedon

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/14
Anyone tried to replace with a SS bezel? Is it possible?

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16

I did this today with great success thanks to this thread. CF bezel on noob 2.2. I was also able to shave 0.4mm off the crystal gasket so it’s gen spec 12.3mm total thickness and the crystal is nicely tucked in

Great job! Is your dial noob stock?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
red1 Thanks for this tutorial. never did before. I am planning to do. not yet started. I have Quick questions: Can I re-use the gasket when replacing to CF bezel? or Do I need a new gasket?

What does it mean “a very fine layer of silicon around the inside of the bezel” ? Can I re-use it ? Is this the thing called “gasket”?

To make it 12.3mm gen spec, which side do I need to shave? with which tool? how to shave? with sand paper ok?
thanks.