• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to remove and replace a Ceramic Daytona bezel.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Gaskets turned up so just swapped them out with the press , I see exactly what you mean about the color. noob is solid white !

The new one was a bit of a tight fit almost thought the crystal/insert was going to crack when pressing them back on but it eventually went in and looks brilliant now.

Dont know if it's just because I was that focused on it but what a difference it has made imo.

20200111-182735.jpg

thanks for the tip. I just replaced mine and it looks great. It does leave the total thickness at 12.6mm though, so I’d be keen to know if anyone can get it closer to 12.3mm. I shaved the original gasket down initially and reduced thickness, but lost waterproofness

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
thanks for the tip. I just replaced mine and it looks great. It does leave the total thickness at 12.6mm though, so I’d be keen to know if anyone can get it closer to 12.3mm. I shaved the original gasket down initially and reduced thickness, but lost waterproofness

12.6 is gen thickness mate.

Never see any gen reported to be 12.3 outside of this forum.

obbstagarms

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/18
When you guys lower the crystal heights, did you also lower the hand stack? Or just leave it as normal?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
12.6 is gen thickness mate.

Never see any gen reported to be 12.3 outside of this forum.

there are a range of reports, some as low as 12.0mm

its also about having the crystal sit lower relative to the bezel as per gen

12.2. https://www.thewatchbox.com/video/rolex-ceramic-daytona-white-dial-116500ln-luxury-watch-review/Nbw4IiA43Gk.html

https://www.bernardwatch.com/Rolex/C...aytona/RLX7736

https://www.prestigetime.com/blog/ro...ck-review.html

12.0. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gov...iew-video/amp/

Last edited:

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Be careful using anything with less height than the 2.3mm gaskets, you risk the crystal touching the chrono hand.

Reactions: jcher

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Some members here have gen 116500LNs - maybe they can check with calipers?

I never measured my gen 116520 and I sold it.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16

Yeah, I saw some of them but honestly I stopped bothering me about. I found a comparison in Rolex models with all the measure and the 116520 was 12.6. Other models were the 16610 for example and the thickness were correct. They measured them in the same way with same equipment, so why the Daytona should be ticker of an half millimeter than others?
this kind of variation, in my opinion, could be achieved if you close very hard the caseback with the correct tool for example.

Last edited:

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Hmm, somehow I cannot get the bezel to be pushed straight in again. Always tilts to one side which means getting it off, pushing the crystal out the bezel and trying again. I am getting pissed.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Now I wonder, should the black of the inner beze be visible above the rehaut wall? Or is something not right?

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
A comparison with Noob gasket, not sure what were they thinking...
iGA4k.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ginopino

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
Did it! Thanks a lot red1 !!

By the way, both Noob and ARF gaskets are garbage. I exchanged them on both watch types and replaced them with higher quality generic ones. The difference is really huge. Especially on a black face Daytona.

The ARF gaskets are better in means of color, but the fitting on a generic one is much better and the crystal sits nicely low and pretty.

Reactions: Digital.

doumstyle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/19
Good morning all I was wondering about the rest of the assembly, should it? 1 / put the seal on the case first 2 / fit the seal on the crystal, then fit on the case and finish with the bezel 3 / or put the seal on the crystal and this set on the bezel to finish on the case? should the joint be rather white? or transparent? and finally what height to take for a noob v3 or an ARF v2 Thanks in advance guys

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Fit the hytrel gasket to the crystal, place on watch, line up LEC and then install bezel.

Reactions: evilways