• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sh3135 movment

rolexdada

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/15
Hello,

I m looking for a SH3135 movment TP replace mine which died today... balance wheel...

Thank for your help regards

Sent from the RWI App

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hello,

I m looking for a SH3135 movment TP replace mine which died today... balance wheel...

Thank for your help regards

Sent from the RWI App

You can reach out to your TD our post a want to buy in the M2M section

srhoque

28/11/18
Lots of Asian clone 3135 on sale on eBay and I also see a franken 3135 on M2M

srhoque

28/11/18
I suggest getting with Asmodeus. Picked up a vr3135 from him for my franken 116613lb runs excellent

Sent from the RWI App

I am going to second Asmodeus. I have purchased 3 VR3135 movements from him for franken builds. Smooth transaction, excellent communication and very quick delivery.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Could you elaborate? As the SH and the VR are clones...

Yes, I'm not going to get too complicated because I'm truthfully not that smart. But, for what it's worth, when you start "adding" bridges or modifying the reversing wheels (a weak point) when they break down, you add another $150 to service an allready $300 service as they will need to be upgraded to be dependable. (Prices of course vary). In my very humble opinion, it's about how close you want to be to the gen movement LOOKS when you open the watch on a movement you can't see otherwise. And, the SH3135 or other "look alike" is not going to fool anyone. The plus part, I guess, is "perhaps" you can mod more accurately, However, even that depends on many factors too numerous to enumerate, but can be researched here on RWI.

A simple clone is just easier to source and a more reliable movement as it is not as complicated (or tweaked), and runs at 28,800bph. Thus, it is cheaper to purchase, easier to replace and cheaper to service. You can get a gen ETA for $150 or so on eBay. An SH3135 service alone is at least a $300 (not to mention the parts that might be broken/need replacement as I stated earlier). So yes, they are clones, but more complicated (tweaked), and made generally by unskilled workers, and in my experience tend not to be as reliable. The same for the Asian clones, but they seem to really have them down in the manufacturing process. So FOR ME, I prefer a simpler, cheaper to replace or service (more reliable) clone. They run smooth, and unless you are looking at your movement all day by taking the back off, why pay more all around and worry about reliability?

Again, this is just my preference, and experience.

Last edited:

alfonzo

25/7/19
Thanks I understand your POV now. Gen ETA or ETA cones > 3135 clones.

Since the OP has a 3135 it implies that the case is for a 3135 that would make changing to an ETA clone very difficult. It maybe easier for him to have a repair or replacement of the movement.

Last edited:

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Thanks I understand your POV now. Gen ETA or ETA cones > 3135 clones.

Since the OP has a 3135 it implies that the case is for a 3135 that would make changing to an ETA clone very difficult. It maybe easier for him to have a repair or replacement of the movement.

Awwww......yes, I agree!

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Sh3135 or yuki..same movement...vr3135 is upgraded movement is more reliable..I’ve had mine for over 3 years but I’ve serviced it right away and haven’t had issues. My etas had more issues, my luck. If you do a quick search on eBay...a ton of them show up????

Last edited:

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
I picked up a VR from @Asmodeus the moment runs perfectly without a service. I also have a SH built with gen parts thats running spot on. Yes, its true the SH/VR will cost more than a clone or Swiss ETA. The benefit of a SH/VR movement is using gen dial, hands DW. The great thing about this hobby are the endless options. Good luck sir.

C896-D3-E1-FF3-F-48-AC-B26-B-AF5-FF8-D4-FB3-B.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Asmodeus

rolexdada

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/15
Many thanks guys for your feedbacks. I just need the balance bridge and wheel. i do not need the whole movement. Regards