• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Replica Fan bought first watch (116660) ARF

Murmelstone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/19
Hi guys,

I bought on intime the Sea-Dweller 116660 ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet Black Dial SH3135 V2.

I am completely new in the replica topic, but since that is the watch I like most, I decided to buy the first replica of it.

I am afraid, that if I like it, I will wish never to have found this forum :D

Now as I have never done something like that, what are the next steps after payment?

I have paid with Bitcoin and then received an email, that I will receive "QC" pictures. What is "QC"?

Does the watch come by mail from China and I have to gamble on German customs?

Thx

Alex

GazP

Horology Curious
15/8/19
Doncaster UK
QC, that will be quality check/quality control to make sure you're happy with your purchase before shipping out.

Murmelstone

18/8/19
Ah, understood....

I could post those here and ask you guys to help me checking the quality?

Stribbo

24/9/18
You cannot ask the members to check the pictures over for you, but if you find something that looks not right you can post a picture and ask an opinion. You should be checking the basics, like markers being straight, bezel alignment and datewheel being in the centre of the window.
I have one of these and it is now my favourite although the bezel does not align perfectly. I can line it up but it is only possible by having it between clicks.

Good luck, it’s a great watch.

Murmelstone

18/8/19
Hi,

I received finally my QC pictures. I have now a question as I am not sure, if that is the expected quality or not:

https://ibb.co/mtq2GjY

The bezel looks like wrong by 0.5-1 clicks, right? Could be the perspective but looks not exact.

So am I right here to complain, or is it the expected quality?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Hi,

I received finally my QC pictures. I have now a question as I am not sure, if that is the expected quality or not:

https://ibb.co/mtq2GjY

The bezel looks like wrong by 0.5-1 clicks, right? Could be the perspective but looks not exact.

So am I right here to complain, or is it the expected quality?

It's hard to tell because the pearl isn't quite in the 12 o'clock position. I suspect it's okay, but if you're worried, ask them to take a photo with the bezel turned one click anticlockwise. It's not that hard to correct if it doesn't line up perfectly in any event, but for your first watch, I guess you don't want to be messing about.

Murmelstone

18/8/19
Hi GingerBubba, as I am a complete noob to the watch topic, I have no clue what can be corrected and what not. Thx for your reply, I feel now less worried. Is it possible to bring such a Rep to a local watchmaker or would he immediatelly call the police? :D

The other QC images look ok. Resolution is so much worse compared to the intime pictures, that one cannot really tell anything about detailed quality....

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Lol, a watchmaker won't call the police, but many won't agree to work on reps so finding one to help becomes the issue. However when I said it's an easy fix, I was talking in the sense of doing it yourself; it's a ten minute job, but if you've never fiddled with a watch, I appreciate you may not want to do that.

You'd be entitled to ask the TD for anther picture with the bezel turned slightly and face on so you can see how close the alignment is.

Murmelstone

18/8/19
The dealer replied, that he agrees with me that the watch is not good enough and will get a new one for the next QC images. Lucky me that I understood from the start, that this will take a lot of time ;)

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I have one of these and it is now my favourite although the bezel does not align perfectly. I can line it up but it is only possible by having it between clicks.

That's a pretty easy fix. You can remove the bezel and then the insert and realign the insert in the bezel. If you don't have the nerve to do it yourself a rep friendly watchmaker should be able to fix it easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stribbo

Murmelstone

18/8/19
Hi guys, the watch arrived today. It looks perfect to me!

Great service throughout the process by intime! But that watch is a heavyweight :) It is replacing my invicta submariner clone and weight is almost double :D

But beautiful!

https://imgur.com/sPMs4ca

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
That's really nice. This is one watch I've never owned but have wanted. It just seems to always take a back seat to each new watch I get interested in. I need to get one. I bought a sub once that the bezel was a half click off. I think that was one of my first repairs that I tried myself. After talking to people here and looking up threads on how to do it. It's actually pretty easy after you do it once. Now I've changed a lot of bezels and have learned to do other small repairs myself. I've broken a few things, but that's how you learn I guess. Congrats on your watch.