• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
So what’s wrong on the ARF v2 panda? Everybody seems to be buying noob v3 and adding ARF parts. Apart for the chrono sub dials not working what else seems to be wrong?

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
So what’s wrong on the ARF v2 panda? Everybody seems to be buying noob v3 and adding ARF parts. Apart for the chrono sub dials not working what else seems to be wrong?

Nothing is wrong with the ARF V2 Panda. It just does not have the SA4130 movement we all love so much. So if you want a good looking and fully working Daytona you need to put an ARF dial on the Noob.

Apart from the non working chronos the only weak point of the ARF might be the bezel, as the numbers are a tad to white. In this regard the Noob V3 bezel surpassed the ARF (up until V3 it was pure rubbish). However the best, but costly option is still to buy an CF Bezel.

Bracelet and Clasp on an ARF Daytona are superior to the Noob.

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Nothing is wrong with the ARF V2 Panda. It just does not have the SA4130 movement we all love so much. So if you want a good looking and fully working Daytona you need to put an ARF dial on the Noob.

Apart from the non working chronos the only weak point of the ARF might be the bezel, as the numbers are a tad to white. In this regard the Noob V3 bezel surpassed the ARF (up until V3 it was pure rubbish). However the best, but costly option is still to buy an CF Bezel.

I must dissagree as noob latest batch bracelet is not far from arf anymore
also it is very tight and not rattling

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
I must dissagree as noob latest batch bracelet is not far from arf anymore
also it is very tight and not rattling

Hi mate, we agree that we have to disagree ;)

Here is a pic of my V3 I got on Saturday, so latest batch. Unfortunately my clasp does not look as nice as yours. It does not have the nice gap between the foldover part and the clasp and the edges on my are not so nicely rounded like yours. Therefore I will swap it out to an ARF in the next days.

In my opinion Noob does not have the consistency in quality unlike ARF. So it is up to the luck of draw if you get a good one or an O.K. one.

Regarding the bracelet you are right, they have improved very much over the V2.2 and are not as sharp and rattly anymore. I do not think that oil baths are needed anymore. However the machining and brushing on the ARF is slighly better. But we are talking about extremly minor differences here.

Reactions: Bobi01

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco

Personally I care about reliability more than the chrono feature, but since the ARF is running a modified A7750, I'm too scared to pull the trigger.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Personally I care about reliability more than the chrono feature, but since the ARF is running a modified A7750, I'm too scared to pull the trigger.

From what I have read here for the past two years the modified ARF 7750s are stable. As they do not have the additional gears to transfer the running seconds to the 6 o´clock position it is not a timebomb as previous fully working Daytonas with a A7750.

Reactions: Mathisbou155

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Yeah i also like arf but you need to remove deco plate,change rotor for better autowind and change caseback for thinner profile (it is hard to source noob caseback only) ...with that mod arf is very genlike if you dont care about chrono but with noob you have out of the box

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
From what I have read here for the past two years the modified ARF 7750s are stable. As they do not have the additional gears to transfer the running seconds to the 6 o´clock position it is not a timebomb as previous fully working Daytonas with a A7750.

The a7750 with sec at 6 in the ARF has extra gears. However, it is still a fairly decent Chinese movement.

Tin

29/4/17
I've had the noob V3 since end of 2019.

Yesterday, 2 small bits of metal came off the back of the watch. I didn't manage to take a picture of the metal bits but they were more like thin metal shavings.

Here are some pics of the case back / bracelet. My guess is the metal came off the part between the case and the bracelet. I didn't remove the bracelet so I don't know for sure which part exactly is the metal coming from.

Anyway, just sharing with you guys and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I doubt it has any impact on the structure or waterproofing of the watch.

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Both are almost the same. Very hard to tell the difference. I have both bezel.
The same about those two, the number on bezel get darker after a week or more if you use the watch daily. Mine get darker after 2 or 3days daily use :(

Reactions: Bobi01

Spoons

Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/4/19
I've had the noob V3 since end of 2019.

Yesterday, 2 small bits of metal came off the back of the watch. I didn't manage to take a picture of the metal bits but they were more like thin metal shavings.

It looks like someone inserted some thin metal shims between the SEL and the case in order to tighten up the fit of the SELs. I'm guessing you bought this one from Logixa in this thread, because you can clearly see the same shims inserted between the SELs and the case: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-sales/8570806-noob-v3-daytona-116500-franken

IMG-20200130-100900.jpg

IMG-20200130-100906.jpg