• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

JAW_CM

Horology Curious
14/6/20
Best option will be the black and then at a later date pick up the AFR dial. Just looking into costs to swap dials, prices from anyone who has done it?

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
To be honest, no one should buy them at the moment. Wait until they get their shit together. The only good thing about the Noob is the movement

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
To be honest, no one should buy them at the moment. Wait until they get their shit together. The only good thing about the Noob is the movement

Thanks. That’s basically the conclusion I’ve came to as well. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon, or the CF dial comes out that has been rumored.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Yeah black looks fine now. Which TD?

Black is pretty thin now too, it is not correct. What is up with Noob?

Also, black has too much sunburst (should be more matte)

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Noob's quality has become at best, very inconsistent with the V3... other than the Sub-dials on the Black Dials continuing to be way too shinny.

The Sub-dials in the QC photo posted above appear to be slightly thinner... or maybe it's just a bad picture.
You can decide for yourselves.
7fBGt.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Guys make up your minds. First it was to thick now its too thin. Guy yesterday said that only case and movement are good on Daytona so why everybody are buying them like crazy? Knowing that almost nobody is using chrono, ARF seems to be much better option in that case....

JAW_CM

Horology Curious
14/6/20
Noob's quality has become at best, very inconsistent with the V3...

The Sub-dials in the QC photo posted above appear to be slightly thinner... or maybe it's just a bad picture.
You can decide for yourselves.

Doesn’t look too bad based on this (latest V3 is the middle not the end photo)

audiwt

25/5/18
Guys make up your minds. First it was to thick now its too thin. Guy yesterday said that only case and movement are good on Daytona so why everybody are buying them like crazy? Knowing that almost nobody is using chrono, ARF seems to be much better option in that case....

Everyone who has a Noob has a little Voice in his Head. „You need a Noob with working Chrono, you need a Noob with working Chrono.“

That‘s the secret

Gesendet von iPhone XR mit Tapatalk

Reactions: XLR8R and Cadows

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
​​​​​​Those first batch Noob dials indeed look good. Proper thickness and matte finish. I have mine on ARF v2 dial, would have taken that Noob dial as well.

Last edited:

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Personally, I would prefer a ARF v2 over the current iteration of the Noob. I feel like if you're going to make a doner watch with the parts leftover from optimizing a Noob, it will be highly undesirable for selling.

Last edited:

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
​​​​​​Those first batch Noob dials indeed look good. Proper thickness and matte finish. I have mine on ARF v2 dial, would have taken that Noob dial as well.

Is it different on current batch for black dial?
I felt like it was still possible to grab one with correct sub dials thickness however it has always been too shiny under certain light conditions.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
The black dail 116520 are now also infeceted with the "thin sub dial disease" :mad:

I just received the QC Pics of this “beauty”. It seems as if I have another thin subdial variation. Look at the placement of the 10 in the sub dial at 3.
It is even closer to the border of the subdial as in the pics we have seen so far.

As Noob uses the black dials for the 116520 and the 116500 I think we will see these soon in the ceramic versions. Further more the bezel seems to be back to the thin font style as it was for the last past years. The ones that showed up with the thicker bezel engravings seem to be a short lived positive anomaly that is also gone now.

If I would not swap the dial out anyway with a GEN and the bezel with an ARF bezel I would be extremely pissed at the quality Noob puts out these days. Look at ARF (apart form minimal differences in subdial thickness on the Panda Dial) no variances in quality of parts in their Daytonas. Is it that hard for Noob to let their dial suppliers produce a prototype dial, then send it or QC pics of it to them and check i it before they start with mass production???