• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I cannot agree more with this, it’s a huge flaw and instant tell even to the untrained eye. They made a huge step forward with the second or 2.2 version and then are literally back to square one with the issues they created with the tiny sub dials.

The trouble + cost to mod the noob with an Arf has me considering just getting the gen black dial even though I prefer the panda.

Really hope they fix this soon, I can imagine sales have dropped due to this

Yeah, personally (and I know many would disagree with me), I would rather buy an ARF v2 over the new thin subdial Noob v3, despite the far inferior movement and thickness.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I find it crazy that there was such a big downgrade in the dial after getting the subdials right in the v2.2. Usually downgrades in future versions of reps are smaller, nit-picky things but the stuff Noob has done to the subdials is a much bigger deal to me. The fat subdials on the v3 had me on the fence about purchasing, but these new super-thin Zenith subdials make it un-purchasable in my eyes, unless you want to go through the trouble of replacing the dial with an ARF (which most people generally don't want to have to do).

I wouldn't advice anyone to get a noob at the moment, it's so far off that its ridiculous. I know that this is a rep and we can't expect perfection, but come on.... + they got it somewhat right with the v2.2

NASA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/18
I ordered and approved a skinny v3 Panda just too see how bad it sucks in person. From pics it's horrible.

Noob doing what they do best, screwing up a good design.

makeherdance

Known Member
28/11/18
If I were you, would have changed my order to Black Noob V3 as the dial is still very good and also best 116500 Dials Noob have produced.
As these Zenith subdials would simply bother me to death...lol

Thanks, that‘s exactly what I will do..

James2020

1/6/20
If I were you, would have changed my order to Black Noob V3 as the dial is still very good and also best 116500 Dials Noob have produced.
As these Zenith subdials would simply bother me to death...lol

Yes, the black Noob V3 seems to be OK for now. My friend just got his black 116500 Noob V3 last week from a TD and the dial looks fine without the skinny subdials. The black 116500 are not as popular so maybe Noob had more time to do QC

James2020

1/6/20
I find it crazy that there was such a big downgrade in the dial after getting the subdials right in the v2.2. Usually downgrades in future versions of reps are smaller, nit-picky things but the stuff Noob has done to the subdials is a much bigger deal to me. The fat subdials on the v3 had me on the fence about purchasing, but these new super-thin Zenith subdials make it un-purchasable in my eyes, unless you want to go through the trouble of replacing the dial with an ARF (which most people generally don't want to have to do).

My guess is it’s becos the noob V3 white 116500 are selling so well that the factory has little time for proper QC... Agree the incorrect subdials (skinny or fat) are a big tell even for untrained eyes.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
The crystal on my ARF V2 is pretty nice but has some scratches. Don‘t know if the saphire crystal is just a bad charge or maybe it really got a hard hit when I was drunk lol :D
Anyways I have a Noob V3 on the way and when modding I will maybe use the Noob crystal if I can‘t see any difference to the ARF one.

tiktok43

Horology Curious
26/1/20
+1 for Prof's xtal - the 2x AR makes the dial really stand out. Waiting on mine, but will post photos when installed!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
+1 for Prof's xtal - the 2x AR makes the dial really stand out. Waiting on mine, but will post photos when installed!

That's right but it is not gen like. Gen has no AR. To each their own

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Did anyone ordered black dial recently? What about subdials on black model

yakuuu

Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
I received a Noob V3 recently. I'm very happy with the subdials.

The difference is especially striking compared to my old Noob V1:

V3CQP0.jpg

V3CCLD.jpg