• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Damn that's anoying hoepfullly the next batch will be better..

Tin

29/4/17
I accepted this fat piece of sh*t so I guess when it arrives I gotta source for a new dial..

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Problem are not TD‘s but Factory putting old Dials in

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
I accepted this fat piece of sh*t so I guess when it arrives I gotta source for a new dial..

bro mine arrived with the same dial, tbh the SELs are more of an issue for me rather than dial. the subdials look great in person ill show some pics vs gen black dial later today

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
bro mine arrived with the same dial, tbh the SELs are more of an issue for me rather than dial. the subdials look great in person ill show some pics vs gen black dial later today

Gotta be honest, look at the last picture I posted of my watch. The SEL look shitty. But you don’t see that irl and I’m super picky when it comes to right alignment etc. If it’s not a super large gap i wouldn’t worry about it.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Gotta be honest, look at the last picture I posted of my watch. The SEL look shitty. But you don’t see that irl and I’m super picky when it comes to right alignment etc. If it’s not a super large gap i wouldn’t worry about it.

for me mine came with similiar SELs but i fixed certain gaps with gen springbars. again this is just a gamble because tolerances vary

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
for me mine came with similiar SELs but i fixed certain gaps with gen springbars. again this is just a gamble because tolerances vary

Yep. My SEL were even worse when it came. Also have gen Spring Bars in.

Reactions: wubsub

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I‘ll take mine too and accept QC - as its perfect and the subdials aren’t that noticeable in live i think

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
same dial as yours bro

97-ECE943-4-D29-421-C-ADF4-278489-C96-C19.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolemars

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

Here is my white dial V3 with the CF bezel which arrived yesterday.

It's a good looking watch no doubt but there are some flaws on the dial which take away from my enjoyment of the watch

The main chronograph hand is not exactly in the middle of the Rolex crown logo, it is slightly to the left. You can see a bit of the middle tip of the Rolex Crown due to this. I have seen this on quite a few watches on this thread. Maybe no one else has noticed this before but it is a very common issue.

The hour markers do not align perfectly with the black printed indices, this is particularly noticeable on hours 4, 5 and 10.
Hour marker 9 looks slightly wonky.

I don't mind things like slightly fatter subdials as this is only noticeable if you compare side by side with a gen. However not getting the hour markers to align perfectly and not centring the chronograph hand is a disappointment, especially considering how my $200 Seiko Sarb gets these basics correct.

I'm sure with time I will stop looking obsessively at the dial and enjoy the watch for what it is.

Reactions: zkrollex

wapvi

Horology Curious
3/11/19
Yeah no, most accepted ones don't have the misaligned 6 and 12 position, mostly 3 and 9 and some crooked 9 markers

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

Here is my white dial V3 with the CF bezel which arrived yesterday.

It's a good looking watch no doubt but there are some flaws on the dial which take away from my enjoyment of the watch

The main chronograph hand is not exactly in the middle of the Rolex crown logo, it is slightly to the left. You can see a bit of the middle tip of the Rolex Crown due to this. I have seen this on quite a few watches on this thread. Maybe no one else has noticed this before but it is a very common issue.

The hour markers do not align perfectly with the black printed indices, this is particularly noticeable on hours 4, 5 and 10.
Hour marker 9 looks slightly wonky.

I don't mind things like slightly fatter subdials as this is only noticeable if you compare side by side with a gen. However not getting the hour markers to align perfectly and not centring the chronograph hand is a disappointment, especially considering how my $200 Seiko Sarb gets these basics correct.

I'm sure with time I will stop looking obsessively at the dial and enjoy the watch for what it is.

You are right but bro you will never see this things until you picture with 10x zoom.. Really bro your watch looks amazing

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
You are right but bro you will never see this things until you picture with 10x zoom.. Really bro your watch looks amazing

Thank you. This is my first rep, maybe I'm over analysing the watch because of what I read on this website :p

Like I said, in a few weeks I will hopefully stop noticing these things.

Last edited:

Bobi01

2/2/19
Thank you. This is my first rep, maybe I'm over analysing the watch because of what I read on this website :p

Like I said, in a few weeks I will hopefully stop noticing these things.

You will not stop noticing because you will not noticing because you will never see it with naked eye lol

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
You will not stop noticing because you will not noticing because you will never see it with naked eye lol

Yeah the misaligned hour markers will easily be forgotten about but the chronograph hand not being in the centre of the Rolex logo is noticeable because the logo itself is very shiny. I can see the middle point of the logo sticking out slightly.

Is there any way a watchmaker could align it?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Yeah the misaligned hour markers will easily be forgotten about but the chronograph hand not being in the centre of the Rolex logo is noticeable because the logo itself is very shiny. I can see the middle point of the logo sticking out slightly.

Is there any way a watchmaker could align it?

Easy fix. Take off the hand and press it on again. Any watchmaker can do it

Reactions: vcappp

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
the width of the subdials in the panda version depends very much on the light and the type of lens that marks them