• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

Antoine51

Horology Curious
2/11/19
Man,read 20 post in the past and you will see same question like yours and answer to the same question
again v2 is HOUR and v3 is H0UR

Thanks, i've read a fews pages but i must have past the right post.. but i finally found it!

Reactions: Bobi01

johnchong

Horology Curious
30/3/15
Turns out the V3 Daytona came with a broken balance wheel. Anyone know where I can source a reasonably priced replacement?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Turns out the V3 Daytona came with a broken balance wheel. Anyone know where I can source a reasonably priced replacement?

Oof man check out with your TD,they will for sure have warranty if watch is new

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I understand, but i've been a long time member here, i've stopped coming when RWI got closed, i saw that it was back up so i opened a new account.
i've been out of rep game for a couple of years, and i never could really see small differences like this but if you tell me that no one will answer me, the community changed..

If that’s true then you have 2 accounts which is against the rules of this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobes17a

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/19
I’m relatively new to reps, this does look to me like a V3 based on the subdial size and bezel, would someone with more experience be able to confirm or deny? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Reactions: shotgun

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
I’m relatively new to reps, this does look to me like a V3 based on the subdial size and bezel, would someone with more experience be able to confirm or deny? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Please read QC rule.
We are not allowed to post QC pics without any specific issue/question

Last edited:

Bobes17a

27/7/19
Sorry, question was if this is V3, I was uncertain and this forum has already helped prevent me from getting ripped off once in the last month with a QC
photo. If this is inappropriate to post I will not in the future, and this is not from a TD, part of why I question.

Thanks,

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15

Cheers

Bezel is v3 but the SEL is bad.....

Last edited:

Bobes17a

27/7/19
Thanks for the feedback.

So you think it’s just a bad production run but an a N V3? I thought the SEL looked tight enough but don’t have the eye for it like those with more experience, that’s why I posted/asked. Does the SEL just have lot to lot variance? Thanks

Bobes17a

27/7/19
Now that I research and look harder I see what you mean about the SEL, and appreciate you calling that out. Does that just vary a fair amount watch to watch? I requested another, and this is exactly why I posted this and appreciate this forum. Much appreciated. I hope to be on the other end helping those that need it soon—this forum is a great resource.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Many thanks to all of you for your advice. I've emailed PureTime about the gap, let's see what they say tomorrow.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Many thanks to all of you for your advice. I've emailed PureTime about the gap, let's see what they say tomorrow.

There is no gap,there is no exist space between lug and bezel

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Thanks for the feedback.

So you think it’s just a bad production run but an a N V3? I thought the SEL looked tight enough but don’t have the eye for it like those with more experience, that’s why I posted/asked. Does the SEL just have lot to lot variance? Thanks

It's about Chinese tolerances. If you think about it we are talking about nanometers of difference.

Reactions: Bobi01

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Thanks for the feedback.

I have been paying close attention to Daytona SEL's since they released V1 and they have all been bad. Some better, some worse but nothing close to gen. The curvature is wrong, it has taken factories YEARS to even get it close enough on the submariner. I don't expect we will ever get "perfect" SELs, at least not within the next year.

There is some variance and it can sometimes simply be fixed by using different springbars or swapping top/bottom around for the bracelet.The latest noob batch however seem to look better than previous ones.

Bobes17a

27/7/19
RonP

Did yours have the same issue? I think they were referring to the photos I posted which were not from Pure Time? I think in all fairness the SEL is one of the harder things to get perfect. I too requested my guy to address and send updated photos, which he said he would.