• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Yeah it’s pretty insane I want something functional for my money!! Next time I’m better off just burning it for the winter.

Speak to Ryan, he will work something out with you. If he doesn't (unlikely) use the help desk.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
so the best solution is to keep the Noob fixed and sel parts and then connect the rest of the arf bracelet or just the closure?

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
so the best solution is to keep the Noob fixed and sel parts and then connect the rest of the arf bracelet or just the closure?

I'm going with the Noob sel and fixed links, ARF removable and clasp.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Sounds good! All this can be done by myself or do I need to bring to watchsmith?

yourself , You should use the correct tipped screwdriver for Rolex links , however the ARF screw slots are a little too small so you have to sort of wedge it it and be carefull not to damage the screw head. Noob fits like gen. Or some people dont care and just use regular screwdrivers but you will mark the heads.

tedit

Supporter
12/3/18
773652ca028e3b234d80817a4682c19f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
On the noob factory website, they are listing the newest version as V8. That image says v3... Am I missing something?

Yes you're missing a lot. Start by reading about the role of trusted dealers and then you may understand that noob factory, just like any other factory, does not have a website...

Reactions: xartan

SigMachi

Looking Around
24/10/19
Wow, I thought I was OCD but you guys take it to a new level. I feel way better about myself now, lol.

I'm new to this site and like many of you are on a supposed list for a Gen 116500ln but I'm not holding my breath on that one. I've got several franken watches made for me by my Dad who loved tinkering until he got too unsteady with his hands in his later years. Unfortunately he passed away but I have a bunch of his watches to remember him by. I'm really grateful to find the TD section because I have a few that are in need of some repair work because as you all know, having a replica serviced is not an easy task.

I really like this NOOB. Seems like a really nice movement and the attention to detail is very good. I actually took the time to read all 84 pages of this thread. Took me a week but it was a labor of love.

I have a couple questions and if these have been addressed a ton in the past feel free to call me an idiot (it wouldn't be the first time) but at least point me in the right direction.

1. I have seen a lot of QC pictures including seeing watches attached to a device that is measuring the time accuracy and amplitude? of the watch. Where do i find acceptable tolerances for replicas? And are these detailed QC pictures and measurements standard from the TD or do I need to request them?

2. After 84 pages, it seems that the NOOB V3 and a CF insert are a great combo. Seems like even the CF insert might be a little unnecessary but there seems to be a group that is very pro CF. Which TD will do the swap for me before the order? I couldn't find that info, I think jtime will do it but I'm not sure on the others.

Thanks for all your posts. Amazingly detailed posts and I learned too much and I wasted too much time but it was fun!

Last edited:

VaderTime

9/10/17
Wow, I thought I was OCD but you guys take it to a new level. I feel way better about myself now, lol.

I'm new to this site and like many of you are on a supposed list for a Gen 116500ln but I'm not holding my breath on that one. I've got several franken watches made for me by my Dad who loved tinkering until he got too unsteady with his hands in his later years. Unfortunately he passed away but I have a bunch of his watches to remember him by. I'm really grateful to find the TD section because I have a few that are in need of some repair work because as you all know, having a replica serviced is not an easy task.

I really like this NOOB. Seems like a really nice movement and the attention to detail is very good. I actually took the time to read all 84 pages of this thread. Took me a week but it was a labor of love.

I have a couple questions and if these have been addressed a ton in the past feel free to call me an idiot (it wouldn't be the first time) but at least point me in the right direction.

1. I have seen a lot of QC pictures including seeing watches attached to a device that is measuring the time accuracy and amplitude? of the watch. Where do i find acceptable tolerances for replicas? And are these detailed QC pictures and measurements standard from the TD or do I need to request them?

2. After 84 pages, it seems that the NOOB V3 and a CF insert are a great combo. Seems like even the CF insert might be a little unnecessary but there seems to be a group that is very pro CF. Which TD will do the swap for me before the order? I couldn't find that info, I think jtime will do it but I'm not sure on the others.

Thanks for all your posts. Amazingly detailed posts and I learned too much and I wasted too much time but it was fun!

1. All TD should give you the accuracy and amplitude info. The machine is called a watch timegrapher. Google it and you can read on how and what to expect.

2. Most TD will swap the insert for you, just ask. It's a simple job.

Reactions: SigMachi

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
1. All TD should give you the accuracy and amplitude info. The machine is called a watch timegrapher. Google it and you can read on how and what to expect.

2. Most TD will swap the insert for you, just ask. It's a simple job.

Not all TDs provide timegrapher measurements unless you ask for it.

uiioks

Looking Around
24/10/19
Where do they publish the announcements? Is this info only provided to the dealers? =)

mchulst1

Known Member
22/10/19
CONUS (SC)
Realized I never posted the timographer results from my QC pictures. I realize is only for one position but it looks like a healthy movement coming from the factory.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18

If you are planning to get noob daytona get the 116519 with CF bezel. Its the only daytona replica that is almost perfect other that weight and bezel and the clasp. At youku (basic equivalent to chinese youtube) apperantly noob released V3 of it so you have to ask your TD about that.

Rep is 108 grams if i recall correctly gen is 156 other than that compared to arf noob has the best dial for the 116519 and their cloned calibre 4130 is awesome. Its been a year since i had thst watch and its still running smooth and stable as ever.

Reactions: SigMachi

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
If you are planning to get noob daytona get the 116519 with CF bezel. Its the only daytona replica that is almost perfect other that weight and bezel and the clasp. At youku (basic equivalent to chinese youtube) apperantly noob released V3 of it so you have to ask your TD about that.

Rep is 108 grams if i recall correctly gen is 156 other than that compared to arf noob has the best dial for the 116519 and their cloned calibre 4130 is awesome. Its been a year since i had thst watch and its still running smooth and stable as ever.

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDM4NzgxMzY5Mg==.html?spm=a2h0j.11185381.listitem_page1.5!18~A
with the link

Reactions: XLR8R